Lounge access JFK

Old Jun 6th 2019, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

newadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lounge access JFK

Does anyone know if it is possible to get into T4 (past security) to access a lounge if you fly in and out of T5?
Thanks
Old Jun 6th 2019, 3:19 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lounge access JFK

Google found this ".... None of the terminals [at JFK] interconnect with airside walkways, so you do need to go through security again for a flight connection, apart from Terminals 2 and 4 where there is an airside bus. …" which I think answers your question.
Old Jun 6th 2019, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

newadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Pulaski. So i can go through security at T4 even if i don't have a flight from that terminal?
Old Jun 6th 2019, 3:29 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newadventure
Thanks Pulaski. So i can go through security at T4 even if i don't have a flight from that terminal?
No idea, but I doubt it, as you need to show a valid ticket for a flight, and I am sceptical that you would be allowed through security without a ticket valid for a flight from the terminal that you are seeking access to.
Old Jun 6th 2019, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

DexterBerkeley is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pulaski
No idea, but I doubt it, as you need to show a valid ticket for a flight, and I am sceptical that you would be allowed through security without a ticket valid for a flight from the terminal that you are seeking access to.
I'm not so sure, I don't know 100% but I've flown through airports and 1 of myself or my wife have used security in a different terminal so we can have dinner together before getting on different flights. I also used T2 security in SFO by mistake once when my flight was from the International terminal which you can't get to airside from T2.
Old Jun 11th 2019, 3:10 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

General view on FlyerTalk is that this is possible at JFK, with the only reports I could find to the contrary (with an admittedly short search) involving T1.
Old Jun 11th 2019, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks all. I was enquiring on behalf of daughter #1 making her first solo crossing of the atlantic. She had to check in (again) at JFK and was told she could not enter terminals that she wasn't departing from so she didn't even try. Landed safely at DUB a few hours later and is now staying with an aunt at the start of her 5 week pre-college visit to UK