LOST Season Finale

Old May 25th 2006, 2:38 pm
2007 pred.league robbery

lee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond repute
Default LOST Season Finale

Warning, if you have it recorded and havent watched it yet, this may contain spoilers!

OK, thought it was a pretty cool last show. Here are some of my theories and catches:

1) Desmond was intentionally put on the island by his gfs father, because he wanted them as far apart as possible.. because her dad is a bigwig at Henso(Darma) so he had the power to make this happen (maybe boat race was a scam?) Being very rich.. gf has hired these guys to track the boat using a tracking device. However, once it got near the island the magnetic field made it stop working..but now the magnetic field has been reversed..the signal is working again.. hence the phone call at the end.."we've found it"...?

2) Alternatively.. shes not looking for the boat but the island. Note the guy said did we miss it again? Meaning they probably missed detecting it when Desmond first missed the numbers and apparently brought the plane down..but this time they got a bearing. I am thinking the field was "reversed" because the door from the hatch blew across the island. Note that Desmond probably could not sail off the island because your compass would direct you back to the island..however the others did give Micheal a bearing to rescue..probably the reverse of whatever your compass says. This means that the chick knew somehow that Desmond was on the island (again probably via her father) and has been trying to detect it via her guys in the..(antartic?).. why does the tracking station need to be in the antartic or north pole or wherever it is? Something to do with the magnetic fields etc i am guessing...?

However, it doesnt explain why Libby gave Desmond the boat... note she was also in the asylum with Hurly.. is she in on the whole thing? Was she responsible for getting everyone to the island? Note also that the guy who was pressing the numbers before Desmond (guy who pulled him off the beach after shipwreck) was the same guy from the Army who told Sayeed in Iraq to interrogate his commanding officer (keeping up?) Also what happened to Micheals son and the whole physchic thing? Did that come to a dead end?
I thought the TV commercial for Hanso during the show was also i nice touch.

Now i have a headache again thinking about all this.
Old May 25th 2006, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LOST Season Finale

Originally Posted by lee_in_nj
Note also that the guy who was pressing the numbers before Desmond (guy who pulled him off the beach after shipwreck) was the same guy from the Army who told Sayeed in Iraq to interrogate his commanding officer (keeping up?)
Ahhh, I knew I recognised that guy from a previous episode.
Been bugging me all morning. tried to send you some K, but gotta spread it about.
Old May 25th 2006, 5:56 pm
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Kelvin was working for the CIA in Iraq before he went to the island. That's when he met Sayid.

Also what's with Libby ? We might find out more about her previous life in the next season.

So who's dead in the hatch if anyone ?

So much going on last night I'll have to watch parts of it again.
Old May 25th 2006, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

I am so totally lost with this show. I missed a few episodes this season so haven't been able to connect the dots.

However, what was the significance of that look between Jack and Kate at the end? Also Sayeed must be in the neighbourhood so will he be able to rscue them.

It's a buggar we have to wait until September to find out what happens.
Old May 25th 2006, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

I've been very good!...we'd been waiting patiently for this weeks finale, had the vcr all ready to tape as well (so my husband could watch it at the weekend...he works nights)and we got hit with a humdinger of a storm and the digital cable went out!AAARRRGH!...it came back on sometime between 8.30 and 8.50 last night.......hopefully it won't be long before the rerun!!!....Sophia
Old May 25th 2006, 9:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sophia_S
I've been very good!...we'd been waiting patiently for this weeks finale, had the vcr all ready to tape as well (so my husband could watch it at the weekend...he works nights)and we got hit with a humdinger of a storm and the digital cable went out!AAARRRGH!...it came back on sometime between 8.30 and 8.50 last night.......hopefully it won't be long before the rerun!!!....Sophia
That's what happened to me earlier in the year, I missed the first 4 hrs of 24 'cos the cable was down for 6 days.
Old May 26th 2006, 9:01 am
medusas peligrosas

mozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond repute

You can catch up on

http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing

They are showing five episodes.
Old May 26th 2006, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mozoo
You can catch up on

http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing

They are showing five episodes.
WOW! thanks...is there a way I can burn it onto a dvd?
Old May 26th 2006, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond repute

WOW! thanks...is there a way I can burn it onto a dvd?
you can probably download the episodes from a torrent site, such as mininova.org.

i personally use winavi & superdvdcopy, to create dvds from avi files etc.
Old May 26th 2006, 3:43 pm
2007 pred.league robbery

lee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond repute

Got these in my email box this morning to worsen my headache, thought i would share..

Name connections: Penelope (Desmond's love) is also the name of Odysseus's wife, who waited twenty years for his return from the Trojan War.

In the Odyssey, Odysseus had to fight the 108 suitors who were attempting to marry Penelope. 108 is the sum of "The Numbers."

---

Quantum Leap was built around the concept of your lifetime being like a piece of string. Each end of the string was the start and end of your life. As we age we travel down the length of the string. If you were to ball up that string, you'd be able to travel throughout your lifetime where all the pieces of string meet.

If this happened with the life-timelines of a plane full of passengers, where their 'pieces of string' were to become intertwined by some some multi-dimensional electromagnetic mishap, then it's possible they would cross each others paths frequently throughout their lifetime.

This could explain how Desmond was pulled back to the island, as well as Michael, Jin and Saywer, since their life-timelines have become entangled with the rest of the castaways.

But the real brain-scratcher is this. Would Desmond have ever gotten the sailboat from Libby that crashed him on the island if he had never caused Flight 815 to crash in the first place? It's the perfect temporal paradox.

It may turn out that if they're ever to get off the island, they will have to make sure that every single person tied to the electromagnetic-temporal anomaly (the Others included) must leave the island as well, otherwise they'll continually be pulled back to the place where all their strings are drawn together...the Island.

---
Old May 26th 2006, 4:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I gave up on LOST after about episode 7.......but a few days ago on TV they were saying that all would be revealed as to how the plane crashed. So how did it crash?
Old May 26th 2006, 4:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I gave up on LOST after about episode 7.......but a few days ago on TV they were saying that all would be revealed as to how the plane crashed. So how did it crash?
I gave up whenever that "thing" took someone into the ground... just too far fetched for me; seemed Ok up to then.
Old May 26th 2006, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Desmond (the scotiish bloke in the hatch) was a bit late pressing the buttons one time, & this caused a system failure. This caused a electomagnetic thingy to go off, & probably screwed the plane up while it was flying near the island, & caused it to crash.
Old May 26th 2006, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that Desmond caused the plane to crash most likely by not pushing the button, but it still doesn't explain why those who were on the flight were there - it's as if they were specially chosen, so the flight must have been predestined to go down.
Old May 26th 2006, 4:28 pm
2007 pred.league robbery

You may have seen this before

http://www.letyourcompassguideyou.com/

Point the compass to 108 (sum of the numbers) 108 is just south of east.. when the parchment appear click on it..it will take you to a login to the hanso website with bios etc..

Bizarre.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.