Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

London 2012 Olympic store

London 2012 Olympic store

Old Mar 23rd 2011, 2:45 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default London 2012 Olympic store

So my 17 year old son wanted to buy a couple of the T-shirts on the London 2012 store. Filled in the order form only to find that the USA was not listed on the delivery location drop-down menu. So I emailed them to ask why and they told me, "We are unable to accept orders from the USA. Orders from this country will need to be placed through the countries own Olympic store which will be available as the 2012 Olympics approaches." Which is no good for my son as he doesn't want to buy TeamUSA stuff, he wants TeamGB. Looks like we will have to get a family member to order it for us and send it over.

In this day and age it seems a bit silly to cause themselves to loose revenue because they wont accept orders from the US.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 7:28 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London 2012 Olympic store

That is a bit daft...probably don't want to deal with extra bank fees or being lazy...

But speaking of the Olympics, if there are any teams training at uni's there, check your alumni to see if you can get discounted tickets for some of the events....there was something about this in my last uni news magazine about getting campus accommodation to see the training and some event tickets closer to the date. Some good countries will be staying there too.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 8:17 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
That is a bit daft...probably don't want to deal with extra bank fees or being lazy...

But speaking of the Olympics, if there are any teams training at uni's there, check your alumni to see if you can get discounted tickets for some of the events....there was something about this in my last uni news magazine about getting campus accommodation to see the training and some event tickets closer to the date. Some good countries will be staying there too.
That's a great tip Bob, thanks.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 8:19 pm
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
So my 17 year old son wanted to buy a couple of the T-shirts on the London 2012 store. Filled in the order form only to find that the USA was not listed on the delivery location drop-down menu. So I emailed them to ask why and they told me, "We are unable to accept orders from the USA. Orders from this country will need to be placed through the countries own Olympic store which will be available as the 2012 Olympics approaches." Which is no good for my son as he doesn't want to buy TeamUSA stuff, he wants TeamGB. Looks like we will have to get a family member to order it for us and send it over.

In this day and age it seems a bit silly to cause themselves to loose revenue because they wont accept orders from the US.
Sorry - I live in the UK - time to time and ordered goods no problem - seems a bit unfair. Never mind - USA will probably win them
!!
Old Mar 24th 2011, 4:10 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

I queried why they won't ship to USA and the response I received today was "Unfortunately we are not in a position to fulfil any orders from the USA as the USA Olympic committee have their own arrangements in place." So in other words the USA end have put a stop to it. Bah humbug