Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

A lesson in irony... US Muslim TV boss 'beheaded wife' in Buffalo NY

A lesson in irony... US Muslim TV boss 'beheaded wife' in Buffalo NY

Old Feb 17th 2009, 10:29 pm
Thought is free.

indigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant future
Default Re: A lesson in irony... US Muslim TV boss 'beheaded wife' in Buffalo NY

Originally Posted by ironporer
Ahh, but he has his honor!
Of course . . .what was I thinking
Old Feb 17th 2009, 10:30 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A lesson in irony... US Muslim TV boss 'beheaded wife' in Buffalo NY

Originally Posted by indigoblue
What the hell was this guy thinking?, he must have a screw loose. What had she done that was so bad that he felt justified in killing her in such a barbaric way.
Not only has he lost his wife, but also his children , his reputation and his career . . .what a idiot.
Just speculating, but I guess it was because she wanted a divorce and it was an honor thing.

There was just an interesting incident in the little town south of me...

A couple got divorced and the man took it pretty hard. He bagan acting strangely and made veiled threats towards the woman. She went to the Sheriff (Think Boss Hogg type) who told her He had known "Billy" since he was a kid and she had nothing to worry about. Pretty much blew her off. A year or so later (a couple months ago) she has a new boyfriend and "Billy"
is diagnosed with terminal cancer. Billy shows up at the house she shares with the boyfriend and confronts the boyfriend with a pistol, firing three shots at him from mere feet away, inexplicably missing all three times. The boyfriend takes the pistol from him and proceded the beat the shit out of Billy with it, putting him in the hospital. A note was recoved from Billy's car, indicating that he had planned on kiiling the boyfriend and then taking his own life.

Stuff like that doesn't happen around here too often.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 10:51 pm
Thought is free.

indigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Just speculating, but I guess it was because she wanted a divorce and it was an honor thing.

There was just an interesting incident in the little town south of me...

A couple got divorced and the man took it pretty hard. He bagan acting strangely and made veiled threats towards the woman. She went to the Sheriff (Think Boss Hogg type) who told her He had known "Billy" since he was a kid and she had nothing to worry about. Pretty much blew her off. A year or so later (a couple months ago) she has a new boyfriend and "Billy"
is diagnosed with terminal cancer. Billy shows up at the house she shares with the boyfriend and confronts the boyfriend with a pistol, firing three shots at him from mere feet away, inexplicably missing all three times. The boyfriend takes the pistol from him and proceded the beat the shit out of Billy with it, putting him in the hospital. A note was recoved from Billy's car, indicating that he had planned on kiiling the boyfriend and then taking his own life.

Stuff like that doesn't happen around here too often.
So sad and needless
Old Feb 18th 2009, 6:58 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

The American version of honor killing:

I'm unemployed so we're all going to die?

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/01/27/family.dead/
Old Feb 18th 2009, 7:10 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66

Crazy... Neither money or honor is more important to me than my family.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to all

Originally Posted by elfman
I saw this story a few weeks ago and was surprised that it didn't get that much attention (that I noticed) especially considering where it happened and all the hoo-ha when that Canadian bloke got decapitated on a bus.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,482025,00.html
Yeah, that's the one I was thinking of. Crazy
Old Feb 18th 2009, 7:26 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66

Do keep up.
There must have been numerous family genocides since then here in sunny California;

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...1&postcount=15

The other option is a Heaven's Gate style exit here in CA;

http://www.time.com/time/reports/cul...vensgate1.html

He looks perfectly normal, look at those eyes

Old Feb 18th 2009, 7:47 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
I saw this story a few weeks ago and was surprised that it didn't get that much attention (that I noticed) especially considering where it happened and all the hoo-ha when that Canadian bloke got decapitated on a bus.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,482025,00.html
Holy shit.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 7:49 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
Do keep up.
There must have been numerous family genocides since then here in sunny California;

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...1&postcount=15

The other option is a Heaven's Gate style exit here in CA;

http://www.time.com/time/reports/cul...vensgate1.html

He looks perfectly normal, look at those eyes

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AqSZhwu1Rwo&feature=related

TBH I try to avoid those economic crisis threads. Too depressing... obviously.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 8:14 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_English_Bride
Is it me, or have there been a lot of random beheadings going on lately? I heard something about someone being beheaded in a coffee shop recently...and there were a couple before that too. Weird!
It's the credit crunch, everyone's losing there head