Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Laser/Photo Radar - False Readings

Wikiposts

Laser/Photo Radar - False Readings

Old Oct 30th 2011, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Laser/Photo Radar - False Readings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulmK6Iz0x58

I thought that you maybe interested in watching this report, on errors made by Lasers/Photo Radars, commonly used by Police Departments around the World.

Jim.
Old Oct 31st 2011, 6:28 am
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Laser/Photo Radar - False Readings

...someone around here challenged the validity of tickets issued stemming from such type of cameras because it was found that a contracted company was issuing and collecting revenue for such tickets - the argument was that the only person who can physically issue a citation etc is an actual law enforcement persons, not an agent/representative of such. It would be like me giving you a ticket and collecting a fine because I have a photo of you going through a light etc.

I often wonder too about cops being/hiding on private party and doing speed traps... the question through my mind is whether or not of them being on such property infringes the 4th Amendment because they can't provide evidence of (eg written) permission of being on that private property. In affect, they've seized that part of property to conduct a speed trap; a crime isn't being committed on that property so how can they argue probable cause for being there...
Old Nov 1st 2011, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

A few years ago now, one of DH's workmates got speed gunned. He went to court and challenged the accuracy of the speed gun as to when it had last been callibrated, etc. I don't know how the conversation to the judge went, but he did get let off.
Old Nov 1st 2011, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

OT a little, but I have a stretch of back road near me where the speed limits are unreasonably low (IMO) and cops love to hang out in bushes to catch people.

So this morning I turn into the stretch and notice a cop car right behind me. So I of course rigidly stick to the amazingly slow 25mph speed limit... while the arsehole cop basically drives 3 inches from my bumper.

I don't make the rules

Oh, and I know someone who got out of a ticket when asking for the calibration certificate. It showed "As received condition" i.e. how it came in as "Out of Calibration". The judge was already stamping the dismissal before the guy I knew had a chance to say his full name