las begas marriage

Old Jul 5th 2004, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

Redbutterfly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: las begas marriage

Originally posted by Sadlittlebird
I am canadian and my bf is american. We want to get married and live
with each other as soon as possible. Can we go to Las vegas and get
married. What is the quicker way than k1 visa?

Thanks

My friend is arriving on July 28, and planning to get married at Las Vegas. What are the requirements to present? She said my husband and I will serve as thier sponsor. Thanks and Regards!
Old Jul 5th 2004, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

AnnaV is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by lairdside
No problem. I didn't mean to give your poor husband a headache

You know what case law is like, ever decreasing circles.......If you get bored with reading immigration cases I could always send you some of these Mental Health law cases I'm reading over the summer. I know I've had a few lively discussions with people, my husband included, on the issues involved.

Most people just can't handle talking about it in my experience, amazing how fearful they are
I'm actually interested in medico-legal cases, especially health care law involving HMOs and insurance companies. My husband is a doctor/lawyer, so we get into a lot of pretty good discussions/debates about either or both medicine and law. I've been thinking of taking the LSAT myself. The debates can get vigorous since half the time I really don't know the foundations of what he's talking about, so I just wing it. Who was it who said, "Anything is possible when you don't know what you are talking about?"

That recent SC decision regarding ERISA is one hot topic of debate here now. He disagrees with the SC, I think the SC is correct. The discussion pops up almost every day.

As for the comment on hypotheticals.... From what I understand, you get a lot of that in law school. In fact, many cases (the runaway barges in NY that hit the bridge and set a fire 3 miles downstream, the guy who accidentally fired a shot that killed the train engineer that resulted in a runaway train) are so off the loop (and they're real cases, too) that it almost seems like no amount of hypothesizing could have come up with such "weird" situations. But they did happen. So... I have nothing against hypotheticals since, if we look closely enough, there probably is something in the real world that will come close to them anyway. And if not, there will be soon.

It's funny, though. The reason I'm in this thread to begin with is because I'm getting tired of the uncorrected misinformation floating around this NG about the topic; that is out of the principle that knowledge should be shared. But I also don't want to contribute to this being used as a planning tool (as Mr F puts it), and that is more of a personal conviction NOW. So, I'm bowing out of any more discussions about the 10-foot poler. I'm on for any other debates, though.
Old Jul 5th 2004, 3:57 am
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by AnnaV

It's funny, though. The reason I'm in this thread to begin with is because I'm getting tired of the uncorrected misinformation floating around this NG about the topic; that is out of the principle that knowledge should be shared. But I also don't want to contribute to this being used as a planning tool (as Mr F puts it), and that is more of a personal conviction NOW. So, I'm bowing out of any more discussions about the 10-foot poler. I'm on for any other debates, though.
Discussion is good, Anna. I don't think even Mr. Folinsky would have any quarrel with that. Except he may get tired of repeating himself But then again, that's for him to say....
Old Jul 5th 2004, 4:58 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

That recent SC decision regarding ERISA is one hot topic of debate here now. He disagrees with the SC, I think the SC is correct. The discussion pops up almost every day.

As for the comment on hypotheticals.... From what I understand, you get a lot of that in law school. In fact, many cases (the runaway barges in NY that hit the bridge and set a fire 3 miles downstream, the guy who accidentally fired a shot that killed the train engineer that resulted in a runaway train) are so off the loop (and they're real cases, too) that it almost seems like no amount of hypothesizing could have come up with such "weird" situations. But they did happen. So... I have nothing against hypotheticals since, if we look closely enough, there probably is something in the real world that will come close to them anyway. And if not, there will be soon.

Hi:

In regards to the Supremes, there is an old quote [I forget who said it] to the effect, "we are not final because we are infalable, but we are infallable because we are final."

You are so right that the many weird fact situations are what has actually happened -- I am chuckling out loud as I recall studying "Polemis" and the "Wagon Mound" cases. Of course, that relates to the famous "Palzgraf" case. In regards to Palzgraf, Professor Prosser described that case as a law professor's dream of a fact situation presented to a brilliant collection of appellate judges. I have often found Palzgraf to be an interesting topic of dinner conversation when people complain about the law.

In going back to Alonzo, I think that case was correctly decided under the law at the time but was grossly misinterpreted in a liberal fashion. All Alonzo said was that "generally" the mere existence of the adverse factor for which waiver is sought "should" not be used since that is what a forgiveness is sought. IOW, the adjudicator cannot say "I cannot forgive your sin because you have sinned." However, the law on other waivers and relief always said "I cannot forgive your sin becuase your particular sin is so serious that it outweighs the reasons to grant forgiveness."
Old Jul 5th 2004, 12:59 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

I'm actually interested in medico-legal cases, especially health care law involving HMOs and insurance companies. My husband is a doctor/lawyer, so we get into a lot of pretty good discussions/debates about either or both medicine and law. I've been thinking of taking the LSAT myself. The debates can get vigorous since half the time I really don't know the foundations of what he's talking about, so I just wing it. Who was it who said, "Anything is possible when you don't know what you are talking about?"

I'm just sick of hypotheticals. I've been doing them for the last three years is all, take no notice of me I'm just feeling brassed off

If you are interested in medico-legal cases and feel a spurt of lunacy coming on you could always do my course..lmao
Old Jul 5th 2004, 1:02 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Precisely the reason why I bother to stick my nose in thesedays
Old Jul 5th 2004, 1:09 pm
Andrew DeFaria

Beba Los Begas Baby! :-)
--
Hermits have no peer pressure.

Old Jul 5th 2004, 5:06 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Andrew DeFaria
Beba Los Begas Baby! :-)
--
Hermits have no peer pressure.

Sounds like a T... post to me..
Old Jul 5th 2004, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

AnnaV is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Folinskyinla

You are so right that the many weird fact situations are what has actually happened -- I am chuckling out loud as I recall studying "Polemis" and the "Wagon Mound" cases. Of course, that relates to the famous "Palzgraf" case. In regards to Palzgraf, Professor Prosser described that case as a law professor's dream of a fact situation presented to a brilliant collection of appellate judges. I have often found Palzgraf to be an interesting topic of dinner conversation when people complain about the law.
Hey, Mr. F,

I read through the Palsgraf case, and I thought Justice Cardozo did a brilliant job in defining proximate cause and forseeability. For a case out of the 1920s, I'm told that it still stands tall in tort law. I also researched INS vs Yang. The most interesting point for me was the realization that

a) when the statutory requirements for a waiver are met, the AG has no discretion to deny the waiver (1957 law), and

b) the provision under question (Section 1251(a)(1)(H)) merely establishes the requirements for eligibility to the waiver, in which case, it is entirely under the discretion of the AG whether to grant it or not.

I still haven't found the cases where Alonzo was "misapplied" but I can see how it could have gone out of hand since Yang himself was trying to use the same argument (that the fraud involved in his entry should not affect his eligibility). In fact, I read through Justice Scalia's opinion, and there was no mention of Alonzo itself, but more of the INS policy of disregarding entry fraud or misrepresentation in determining eligibility for the waiver. From J. Scalia's point of view, that is in conflict with the statute (and it is! as of 1996 anyway).

Lastly, I would have bet the SC was going to rule the way it did just by looking at which circuit court the case was coming from. I believe that 75% of the Ninth's cases that go up to the SC is overturned. I remember one anecdote where one of the justices asked if any court ruled one way or the other in a certain case. Someone answered, "The Ninth Circuit Court, your honor." The justice looked around and said, "Any other courts?" to the laughter of the courtroom.

Last edited by AnnaV; Jul 5th 2004 at 6:09 pm.
Old Jul 5th 2004, 5:48 pm
Howling at the Moon

Originally posted by Hypertweeky

Sounds like a T... post to me..
Sounds like a light hearted humourous interjection to me
Old Jul 5th 2004, 5:51 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a light hearted humourous interjection to me
That works too
How is it going??
Old Jul 5th 2004, 5:55 pm
Howling at the Moon

That works too
How is it going??
Good. Joined a gym today and went down and worked out for an hour or so .. so am looking forward to the morning (ACHE)...lol Still, it's a great way to unwind.

I'm planning to sign up for a series of Pilates sessions, two of their instructors are pilates certified and they have all the equipment etc.

Should be fun
Old Jul 5th 2004, 6:11 pm

Good. Joined a gym today and went down and worked out for an hour or so .. so am looking forward to the morning (ACHE)...lol Still, it's a great way to unwind.

I'm planning to sign up for a series of Pilates sessions, two of their instructors are pilates certified and they have all the equipment etc.

Should be fun
We have a gym in our apartment complex, I go there everyday, It feels great!!
Hope the ache isn't too bad in the am
Pilotes sessions? wooo!! Yay!! Keep me updated please!!

Last edited by Hypertweeky; Jul 5th 2004 at 6:14 pm.
Old Jul 5th 2004, 6:18 pm
Howling at the Moon

We have a gym in our apartment complex, I go there everyday, It feels great!!
Hope the ache isn't too bad in the am
Pilotes sessions? wooo!! Yay!! Keep me updated please!!
I shall

Plan A is to go to the gym everyday after work. Do Pilates twice a week. Take a hike, swim, run or bicycle ride on my day off.

We will see how in reality it works out. Going to the gym after work is a no-brainer though I also do some Pilates each morning (I have the ball) but they have the machines at the gym and I am very interested to see what transpires.

They are having a Pilates Recital on sunday with refreshments, champagne etc. I told em, I'll be there

I love exercise, it's good for the soul not just the body.
Old Jul 5th 2004, 6:29 pm

I shall

Plan A is to go to the gym everyday after work. Do Pilates twice a week. Take a hike, swim, run or bicycle ride on my day off.

We will see how in reality it works out. Going to the gym after work is a no-brainer though I also do some Pilates each morning (I have the ball) but they have the machines at the gym and I am very interested to see what transpires.

They are having a Pilates Recital on sunday with refreshments, champagne etc. I told em, I'll be there

I love exercise, it's good for the soul not just the body.

Fun fun fun!!
I am glad you found something to do.. does that mean I won't see you oftenly around here? You can't leave us!
Tiger (kitten) is too hyper.. Now I know how everyone feels when I am hyper.. ( I am actually so hyper right now too lol)
When I excercise.. I fart more (if possible)..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.