British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Large, Big, Jumbo, Mega ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/large-big-jumbo-mega-608532/)

ChocolateBabz May 11th 2009 7:46 am

Large, Big, Jumbo, Mega ?

Aaaarrrrggghhhh...I just want a bloody bog roll without having to do bloody math to figure out which is the best deal. Is that too much to ask - IS IT ?? :angry_smile:

lisa67 May 11th 2009 7:57 am

Re: Large, Big, Jumbo, Mega ?

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz (Post 7562357)
Aaaarrrrggghhhh...I just want a bloody bog roll without having to do bloody math to figure out which is the best deal. Is that too much to ask - IS IT ?? :angry_smile:

:rofl::rofl:

Mummy in the foothills May 11th 2009 7:59 am

:rofl: true. I don't think math skills should be needed to buy toilet paper. Or should I be calling it Bath tissue now?

lisa67 May 11th 2009 8:01 am

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills (Post 7562389)
:rofl: true. I don't think math skills should be needed to buy toilet paper. Or should I be calling it Bath tissue now?

and I know it's stupid but I miss being able to get it in different colours :(

Englishtart May 11th 2009 8:05 am

Originally Posted by lisa67 (Post 7562393)

Me too! and what's with all the friggin facial tissue choices?? Jeez! they are for blowing your nose, it takes me 20 minutes to chose color/conditioning/box pattern/softness/price !!!!

nethead May 11th 2009 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Englishtart (Post 7562401)
Me too! and what's with all the friggin facial tissue choices?? Jeez! they are for blowing your nose, it takes me 20 minutes to chose color/conditioning/box pattern/softness/price !!!!

Yeah, but you can't get 'mansize'.

Manc May 11th 2009 8:17 am

this thread needs toilet paper.

tonrob May 11th 2009 10:22 am

Might make all the difference... what did you have for dinner last night? :unsure:

ChocolateBabz May 11th 2009 10:25 am

:rofl: hee hee - Taco Bell (it was Mother's Day after all) - maybe I should have bought the Mega :blink:

mellybrown May 11th 2009 11:10 am

Originally Posted by lisa67 (Post 7562393)

noooo you must only buy white - its bad for the environment - or something - there is a reason why i was VERY anti coloured toilet roll....not sure that reason tho....

lisag8070 May 11th 2009 11:41 am

anything that will fit on the dispenser roll..:D

lisa67 May 11th 2009 11:46 am

Originally Posted by tonrob (Post 7562683)
Might make all the difference... what did you have for dinner last night? :unsure:

says the man who would eat sprouts 24/7 if he could ;):ohmy:

lisag8070 May 11th 2009 11:48 am

Originally Posted by lisa67 (Post 7562867)
says the man who would eat sprouts 24/7 if he could ;):ohmy:

which is why he's an expert on toilet paper...:lol:

lisa67 May 11th 2009 11:50 am

Originally Posted by lisag8070 (Post 7562870)
which is why he's an expert on toilet paper...:lol:

exactly!! I wonder what size loo roll Mrs. TR has to buy ??:D

tonrob May 11th 2009 11:57 am

Originally Posted by lisa67 (Post 7562873)
exactly!! I wonder what size loo roll Mrs. TR has to buy ??:D

Look - just because I'm fond of sprouts, a curry or two and I love my beer I don't see what any of this has to do with my lavatory habits??? :confused:

Anyway, as a friend of mine who shall remain nameless once said - go at work and you win 3 ways:

1) Saves time
2) Saves bog roll
3) You get paid for it

:lol:

lisa67 May 11th 2009 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by tonrob (Post 7562881)
Look - just because I'm fond of sprouts, a curry or two and I love my beer I don't see what any of this has to do with my lavatory habits??? :confused:

Anyway, as a friend of mine who shall remain nameless once said - go at work and you win 3 ways:

1) Saves time
2) Saves bog roll
3) You get paid for it

:thumbsup:

Kaffy Mintcake May 11th 2009 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by mellybrown (Post 7562791)
noooo you must only buy white - its bad for the environment - or something - there is a reason why i was VERY anti coloured toilet roll....not sure that reason tho....

Actually it's bad for your tender parts. The white is bleached, so a natural green option would be okay too ... but the dye needed for the colors is the no no. :)

scrubbedexpat097 May 11th 2009 12:38 pm

I think it is compulsory for you to buy Mega size honey 'cos according to many on this forum Houston is a "shit hole" so you need to stay well prepared;)

ugacrew May 11th 2009 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma (Post 7562963)
I think it is compulsory for you to buy Mega size honey 'cos according to many on this forum Houston is a "shit hole" so you need to stay well prepared;)

Well it IS at the 'bottom' of the nation innit? ;)

scrubbedexpat097 May 11th 2009 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by ugacrew (Post 7562995)
Well it IS at the 'bottom' of the nation innit? ;)

I guess another way to put it is "arse-end":p

ChocolateBabz May 11th 2009 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma (Post 7562963)

Yeah but can I spare that much room in my hurricane supplies after all the season starts all over again on June 1st :eek:

scrubbedexpat097 May 11th 2009 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz (Post 7563050)
Yeah but can I spare that much room in my hurricane supplies after all the season starts all over again on June 1st :eek:

I have only just finished drinking all the water we were given after Ike last year and now you are already talking about this year...:banghead:

(at least I know who to call if I run out of loo-rolls:p)

meauxna May 11th 2009 1:55 pm

OK, this is really geeky, but I look at the shelf price tag, which has per unit pricing. It *should* help you get an idea to compare with. It's also helpful when there is a sale. :)

Agree.. the dyes in the colored paper can give some girls trouble 'down there'.

oops, late to the game, someone already said that. Can I just add 'lady garden' for no good reason? :p

Dogbyte May 11th 2009 1:57 pm

What you need is simple ... one that you dont have to run through till you get a clean sheet :lol:

ugacrew May 11th 2009 2:56 pm

Scott tissue paper is the best in terms of value and softness. I'd go with that one.

AdobePinon May 11th 2009 3:00 pm

Just get the wax paper - you know it's the best.

lisa67 May 11th 2009 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by AdobePinon (Post 7563289)
Just get the wax paper - you know it's the best.

my dear deceased grandmother used to have the grease proof paper kind of loo roll..I kid you not :ohmy: I used to dread going to stay at her house over Xmas hols. I used to rub it together to try and make it soft :(

another bloody yank May 12th 2009 12:03 am

1 Attachment(s)
This is what I use.

tonrob May 12th 2009 12:06 am

I can't believe there's so much 1-ply knocking round the shelves over here. That's the stuff you've got to watch out for... :unsure:

SagenOnion May 12th 2009 1:57 am

Originally Posted by ugacrew (Post 7563279)
Scott tissue paper is the best in terms of value and softness. I'd go with that one.

I noticed that you were back and figured this thread was about your knockers. :sneaky:

Sadly it's not, but welcome back anyhoo ;)

chartreuse May 12th 2009 2:18 am

Originally Posted by lisa67 (Post 7563314)
my dear deceased grandmother used to have the grease proof paper kind of loo roll..I kid you not :ohmy: I used to dread going to stay at her house over Xmas hols. I used to rub it together to try and make it soft :(

Think yourself lucky. When I was a kid, we had yesterday's newspaper, stuck on a nail, in the outside bog.:eek:

I was a bit surprised to find one-ply on sale in the US and missed the quilted stuff I used to have in England, but then I thought "So what? I'm only going to wipe my arse on it!":D

ugacrew May 12th 2009 2:31 am

Originally Posted by SagenOnion (Post 7564812)
I noticed that you were back and figured this thread was about your knockers. :sneaky:

Sadly it's not, but welcome back anyhoo ;)

Nope. Sadly not. However I noticed this HUGE thread in TIO about knockers of the day.

cindyabs May 12th 2009 4:18 am

I'm thinkin' that having dyes around your hoo haa bits not good either, ie stick with white. Something even better would be that which is non bleached- the brown TP hues if they made 'em. Scandanavia was pioneering bleach free diapers, etc 20 years ago.

Norri May 12th 2009 8:13 am

The important thing is whether your finger will go through or not. :)

Kaffy Mintcake May 12th 2009 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by ugacrew (Post 7563279)

Scott Extra Soft to be specific!

Originally Posted by another bloody yank (Post 7564485)
This is what I use.

Angel Soft is crap!

mellybrown May 12th 2009 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake (Post 7562940)
Actually it's bad for your tender parts. The white is bleached, so a natural green option would be okay too ... but the dye needed for the colors is the no no. :)

yes that is exactly right...

oops, late to the game, someone already said that. Can I just add 'lady garden' for no good reason? :p[/QUOTE]

yes that is also right - no trouble for me!!

Kaffy Mintcake May 12th 2009 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by mellybrown (Post 7566497)
yes that is exactly right...

oops, late to the game, someone already said that. Can I just add 'lady garden' for no good reason? :p

yes that is also right - no trouble for me!![/QUOTE]
That's the same reason why you don't find scent on toilet paper, and not usually on feminine products (i.e. maxi-pads) either.

meauxna May 13th 2009 4:17 am

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake (Post 7566576)
That's the same reason why you don't find scent on toilet paper, and not usually on feminine products (i.e. maxi-pads) either.

But you do find scented paper! And fem products.
Not good for the lady parts.

Gingerert May 13th 2009 4:24 am

This thread = :blink::ohmy::huh:

meauxna May 13th 2009 4:30 am

Originally Posted by gingerert (Post 7568592)
This thread = :blink::ohmy::huh:

This from a woman who will soon happily discuss her baby's poo.....

Oh yes you will! :eek: