Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

The land of contrast

The land of contrast

Old Aug 15th 2007, 6:27 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute
Default The land of contrast

I have always thought of the US as a land of contrast, the very rich next to the starving, highly educated individuals and illiterate ones, desert canyons next to green scenery/mountains, etc. Contrast seems to be predominant in my life here too.. At work I hang out with the rich and famous, people with very surreal lifestyles and needs and with so much cosmetic surgery I find it hard to tell them apart (they all end up looking the same.. you know.. same nose, lips, cheek bones, boobs, and look of surprise on their faces caused by God knows how many face lifts) but then on my spare time I am surrounded by very laid back people.. my girlfriends are painters, blacksmiths, make jewelry, etc.. They can enter wood splitting competitions and win them.. Some have dread locks and aren't aware of the fact that some of us shave our arm pits, legs, etc. So I get to dress up for work as I have always considered it part of my job but then I can go home and grow hair on my legs and nobody would think anything of it.. This includes my husband who enjoys roaming around the house in his birth suit and puts a hat on when he gets cold (still no clothes).. Who would have guessed that I would find myself where I am..

It's all very interesting to say the least..
Old Aug 15th 2007, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The land of contrast

Originally Posted by anabella
I have always thought of the US as a land of contrast, the very rich next to the starving, highly educated individuals and illiterate ones, desert canyons next to green scenery/mountains, etc. Contrast seems to be predominant in my life here too.. At work I hang out with the rich and famous, people with very surreal lifestyles and needs and with so much cosmetic surgery I find it hard to tell them apart (they all end up looking the same.. you know.. same nose, lips, cheek bones, boobs, and look of surprise on their faces caused by God knows how many face lifts) but then on my spare time I am surrounded by very laid back people.. my girlfriends are painters, blacksmiths, make jewelry, etc.. They can enter wood splitting competitions and win them.. Some have dread locks and aren't aware of the fact that some of us shave our arm pits, legs, etc. So I get to dress up for work as I have always considered it part of my job but then I can go home and grow hair on my legs and nobody would think anything of it.. This includes my husband who enjoys roaming around the house in his birth suit and puts a hat on when he gets cold (still no clothes).. Who would have guessed that I would find myself where I am..

Errr ............ Where do you live Anabella ?
Old Aug 15th 2007, 10:25 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

......... my husband who enjoys roaming around the house in his birth suit and puts a hat on when he gets cold (still no clothes).. Who would have guessed that I would find myself where I am..

I think a picture of hubs (+/- hat) would be very interesting!

We can add him to Ray's line-up
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:02 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
I think a picture of hubs (+/- hat) would be very interesting!

We can add him to Ray's line-up
He is a proper weirdo .. according to his theory you loose all your heat through your head so as long as your head is warm you are ok.. it's hysterical I tell ya..
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Philgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond repute

In general I agree with your assessment but I"m intrigued by one of your comments (no, not the hat) ...

...So I get to dress up for work as I have always considered it part of my job but then I can go home and grow hair on my legs and nobody would think anything of it....
...just how fast does your leg hair grow? I have pictures of you getting home at night and suddenly growing a "fur coat" on your legs which you have to shave off every morning before leaving for work again!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:00 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
Errr ............ Where do you live Anabella ?
I don't know but it sounds like LA or SF to me
Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:19 am

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Aspen Colorado area.

LOL @ your hubby. Good on him if he wants to walk around naked
Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

goldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Irn-bru
I don't know but it sounds like LA or SF to me
I hope that isn't SF! When we lived there, it wasn't anything like the So Cal madness.

Please tell me SF isn't the land of siliconed people and no souls...
Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:59 am

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goldcrown
I hope that isn't SF! When we lived there, it wasn't anything like the So Cal madness.

Please tell me SF isn't the land of siliconed people and no souls...
sorry didn't want to upset you..it wasn't that part of the description that made me think of SF.
I did love visiting it beautiful place.

But apparently poster is in Aspen which explains it I think.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

goldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to beholdgoldcrown is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Irn-bru
sorry didn't want to upset you..it wasn't that part of the description that made me think of SF.
I did love visiting it beautiful place.

But apparently poster is in Aspen which explains it I think.
Ah, no worries. Though not sure about 'desert canyons' in SF?

Yes, Aspen does explain it. I saw Neil Diamond walking around Aspen with his wife, many years ago. He didn't want to talk, though.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by goldcrown
Ah, no worries. Though not sure about 'desert canyons' in SF?

Yes, Aspen does explain it. I saw Neil Diamond walking around Aspen with his wife, many years ago. He didn't want to talk, though.
I obviously didn't read the post carefully enough, I speed read a lot of posts
Old Aug 16th 2007, 5:19 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

I can go home and grow hair on my legs and nobody would think anything of it..
now you don't grow the hair under your arms as well do you coz i know what the spanish and europeans are like
Old Aug 16th 2007, 7:17 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Same with my husband Anabella, at the weekend he's always naked a lot. For some reason he likes to do the dishes and cook in the nude, but will put his pants on to sit at the computer.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:10 am

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Originally Posted by TruBrit
now you don't grow the hair under your arms as well do you coz i know what the spanish and europeans are like
Oy. Frogs dear, the FROGS!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Redlippie
Oy. Frogs dear, the FROGS!
My Ex Sister in Law was French, years ago we all went swimming together and my little Girl's as they was then had great fascination seeing there Aunt's more than extra amount of body hair

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.