Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Kinder Eggs Banned: I'm so glad the US is protecting us from this

Kinder Eggs Banned: I'm so glad the US is protecting us from this

Old Jan 12th 2011, 11:00 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kinder Eggs Banned: I'm so glad the US is protecting us from this

ive def bought them within the past 10 years in the uk.

next thing to ban. Front doors- because small children can shut their fingers in them if not properly used.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

We have to to thank the Government from saving us, from ourselves.

Now all we need to do is find a way, to save ourselves from the Government.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 11:36 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

It's the Government's duty to protect us from things that might hurt us.

It's right and fitting that these child choking chocolate eggs of Satan be banned. It's only because of the Goverment taking similar action back in the '70's that I am writing this today without a Jart in my head.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 12:55 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
It's the Government's duty to protect us from things that might hurt us.
I followed the CBP link and had a look around. Found a couple of interesting things before I got bored, like a "suggestion" that we "register" our laptops with the government before going abroad, so we don't get charged duty every time we come back to the US and the fact that importing food isn't just about customs or agriculture any more, it's also about Bioterrorism!!!!
Old Jan 13th 2011, 12:59 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

I remember 'Lucky Tatties' being banned as they had a toy inside them, then I found them a few years later without the toy - they just weren't lucky anymore.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 5:30 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's only right that Kinder Eggs are banned because they are a choking hazard. Do you know what else is a choking hazard? Bullets! I look forward to bullets being banned for this very reason. Oh and don't get me started on the lead content in bullets either...
Old Jan 13th 2011, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by zargof
I think it's only right that Kinder Eggs are banned because they are a choking hazard. Do you know what else is a choking hazard? Bullets! I look forward to bullets being banned for this very reason. Oh and don't get me started on the lead content in bullets either...
The EPA actually tried that.

Fortunately, they got slapped down.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 11:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Norri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz
I remember 'Lucky Tatties' being banned as they had a toy inside them, then I found them a few years later without the toy - they just weren't lucky anymore.
Tobermoray tatties! Why would you eat one if there wasn't treasure inside?
Old Jan 14th 2011, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

sarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nice

This is an interesting article as my friend arrived from the UK today bearing english treats A few days ago i was explaining kinder eggs to my US friend and I emailed my UK friend to say if she had a chance could she grab a box, I guess it was lucky she didnt have a chance to!!

Guess I should be grateful for the jaffa cakes, wham bars, whole nut, fruit and nut, galaxy ripples and dairy milk i got instead
Old Jan 18th 2011, 4:42 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

You'd be amazed some of the stuff that is banned from import into the US, I cross at land borders frequently so it comes up more often. The one thing I remember in the news was a penis enlarging implement that was banned from import because of "inaccurate labelling". Well the manufacturer in Québec wasn't calling them a sex toy, something more innocuous so as not to embarrass purchasers I guess but that caused CBP to rule they were banned from import.

I think a lot of people don't realize that a lot of bans on agricultural products and alcohol are actually State laws, but CBP has to enforce them at POEs.

When I got my NEXUS card CBP gave me a huge list of things I can and cannot import and it actually lists States you cannot take certain type of produce into.

One thing I've noticed sitting in secondary inspection at land POEs is that often people will drive up in an RV or something and get into an argument with CBP about what they can and can't take into the US, CBP has a list from USDA that they check and CBP do get it wrong sometimes, I saw one woman get into some big argument over some eggs she had in her RV and they did eventually let her in with them.

You'd think NAFTA would have sorted this out but it looks to me as though it just made it more complicated. If you ever get stopped I'd challenge CBP to look it up in the USDA system because the fines for importing prohibited foods are quite significant.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 5:42 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

BFD. Hershey's been making people gag and choke for years and they haven't done anything about that....

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
It's the Government's duty to protect us from things that might hurt us. .
... they should stop voting themselves into gov't.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by Tarkak9
... they should stop voting themselves into gov't.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 1:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

They sell Kinder Eggs in a mall near here... they still taste good