Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Kinder Eggs Banned: I'm so glad the US is protecting us from this

Kinder Eggs Banned: I'm so glad the US is protecting us from this

Old Jan 12th 2011, 3:32 pm
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kinder Eggs Banned: I'm so glad the US is protecting us from this

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/womans-cand...45449-459.html

Very important. Although we need protection from American "chocolate" more than this, so maybe they need to shift priorities.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 3:44 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I'm so glad the US is protecting us from this

They sell them near me. Big deal.

But maybe the surprise in the ones I can get is that there is no surprise
Old Jan 12th 2011, 4:21 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kinder Eggs Banned: I'm so glad the US is protecting us from this

"The U.S. takes catching illegal Kinder candy seriously, judging by the number of them they've confiscated in the last year. Officials said they've seized more than 25,000 of the treats in 2,000 separate seizures."

Like it or not, it appears to be the law, who knew? I know a lot of people have discussed them here, bring them back from the UK or elsewhere etc so they should be aware of this topic.

Here's a Customs article about it:
http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/newsroom/...9/01092009.xml
Newark, N.J. - U. S. Customs and Border Protection officers working at the Jersey City International Bulk Mail Facility continue to intercept shipments of Kinder chocolates which contain a surprise toy within a plastic capsule.

Alert CBP officers have been discovering the banned chocolate eggs during mail inspections using non-intrusive X-ray machines. More than 500 seizures have been made containing more than 6,000 chocolate eggs since last October.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 5:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

What if you don't have children at home that could choke on it?

Seriously, if they are that concerned, then we need to ban all toys on the market right now, that could pose a choking hazard.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 5:19 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/womans-cand...45449-459.html

Very important. Although we need protection from American "chocolate" more than this, so maybe they need to shift priorities.
Why didn't the Founding Fathers compose one of their famous "constitutional amendments" to enshrine the right of the people to own a kinder egg .. even if it choked them?
Old Jan 12th 2011, 5:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

They were banned about 20 years ago in the UK...quite right too because the kids used to love them but the small part inside were a choking hazard.

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
What if you don't have children at home that could choke on it?

Seriously, if they are that concerned, then we need to ban all toys on the market right now, that could pose a choking hazard.
Well as they have a small child's toy inside I would think most people who have them are children. I can hardly see an older child or adult old playing with those sort of toys. As for the chocolate...there really wasn't very much to enjoy.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jan 12th 2011 at 5:26 pm. Reason: add 2nd quote
Old Jan 12th 2011, 5:32 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

You can certainly still buy them in the UK but the plastic egg inside the chocolate egg is bloody difficult to open. Have to agree that it's a load of nonsense considering some of the tiny bits that come with some kids toys nowadays not too mention the plastic ties that they wrap them up with. Every Christmas we are standing by with a set of wire cutters and a Stanley Knife just to open the boxes !!
Old Jan 12th 2011, 5:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
They were banned about 20 years ago in the UK...quite right too because the kids used to love them but the small part inside were a choking hazard.

Well as they have a small child's toy inside I would think most people who have them are children. I can hardly see an older child or adult old playing with those sort of toys. As for the chocolate...there really wasn't very much to enjoy.
Ah, as I haven't seen them, I assumed there was quite a bit of chocolate involved. I'd buy a big choccie for myself, even if it came with a kids toy.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 5:37 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

They were banned about 20 years ago in the UK
Kinder Surprise is available throughout the UK in all major supermarkets and at independent retailers.

http://www.ferrero.co.uk/
Old Jan 12th 2011, 5:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz
You can certainly still buy them in the UK but the plastic egg inside the chocolate egg is bloody difficult to open. Have to agree that it's a load of nonsense considering some of the tiny bits that come with some kids toys nowadays not too mention the plastic ties that they wrap them up with. Every Christmas we are standing by with a set of wire cutters and a Stanley Knife just to open the boxes !!
Originally Posted by elfman
Kinder Surprise is available throughout the UK in all major supermarkets and at independent retailers.

http://www.ferrero.co.uk/
I remember them being withdrawn...maybe they had to change them slightly to allow them to be sold ie making the plastic container inside harder for young children to open.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 5:50 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Well as they have a small child's toy inside I would think most people who have them are children. I can hardly see an older child or adult old playing with those sort of toys.
You've never seen a group of boozy adults at a Christmas party pulling crackers, have you.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 5:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
You've never seen a group of boozy adults at a Christmas party pulling crackers, have you.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 6:10 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Old Jan 12th 2011, 9:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I remember them being withdrawn...maybe they had to change them slightly to allow them to be sold ie making the plastic container inside harder for young children to open.
Yes I remember that.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 10:17 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

They taste awesome and as a teen, those toys made great BB targets, now as a old fart, they make nice desk monitor toys...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.