Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Kids - grown up ones

Kids - grown up ones

Old Oct 29th 2014, 8:38 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kids - grown up ones

Youngest as I posted elsewhere has been in hospital with gall stones. Just had an email from to say oldest has crashed his police car and is on way to hospital with at least a broken leg.

Waiting news from his wife who is the A&E Sister. Not much sympathy going his way from there I bet.

FFS they weren't this much trouble when they were little.
Old Oct 29th 2014, 8:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kids - grown up ones

Time to put money on the trifecta.
Old Oct 29th 2014, 9:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

If I remember correctly from your other thread, your political opponent is also mud slinging at your family members.

When it rains, it pours in Oregon.
Old Oct 29th 2014, 9:13 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael
If I remember correctly from your other thread, your political opponent is also mud slinging at your family members.

When it rains, it pours in Oregon.
October has not been a good month that's for sure.

Waiting to find out how bad his injuries are isn't easy this far away. Still Googled the news and nothing about a spectacular police car crash in Bradford so I have some hope he is still in one piece and not to much in the s***.
Old Oct 29th 2014, 10:49 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Telegraph & Argus has news of an officer in an accident in Tong.
Old Oct 29th 2014, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Telegraph & Argus has news of an officer in an accident in Tong.
Yes that was him.

Police officer hurt in Tong crash (From Bradford Telegraph and Argus)

The other car was parked facing towards oncoming traffic, and pulled out from the kerb right in front of him. Lucky it wasn't far worse.
Old Oct 29th 2014, 11:25 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Hope he isn't in too much pain and makes a full recovery.
Old Oct 29th 2014, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Hope he isn't in too much pain and makes a full recovery.
Thanks. Have spoken to him, his thigh isn't broken but he has a bad injury to his knee might be torn ligaments or cartilage. Has to go back to hospital once the swelling goes down. Badly cut arm where he fell onto the road once he got out of the car. Other people minor bumps and cuts. Could have been much worse.

Luckily a passerby stopped and gave a statement confirming his account, so depending on the data from the black box on the police car will decide how much the IPCC can crucify him.

Last edited by lansbury; Oct 30th 2014 at 12:00 am.
Old Oct 30th 2014, 2:52 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
Thanks. Have spoken to him, his thigh isn't broken but he has a bad injury to his knee might be torn ligaments or cartilage. Has to go back to hospital once the swelling goes down. Badly cut arm where he fell onto the road once he got out of the car. Other people minor bumps and cuts. Could have been much worse.

Luckily a passerby stopped and gave a statement confirming his account, so depending on the data from the black box on the police car will decide how much the IPCC can crucify him.
that sucks that they have to go through all that for something clearly not their fault

and my 5 year old broke her arm falling in the playground yesterday - so i know how you feel!
Old Oct 30th 2014, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by MsElui

and my 5 year old broke her arm falling in the playground yesterday - so i know how you feel!
Hope is wasn't to bad of a break, and heals OK.
Old Oct 30th 2014, 4:20 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch.

Glad he's okay though and best for a speedy recovery!
Old Oct 30th 2014, 4:23 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

that sucks that they have to go through all that for something clearly not their fault

my 11 year old got tackled at footy club on Thursday evening and brought to the ground with his hand bent the wrong way. That wouldn't have been a problem in itself. The problem came when another lad who'd been rushing in to get the ball stomped over son's wrist before he had the chance to get himself up off the ground.

Speedy healing to all of them.
Attached Thumbnails Kids - grown up ones-img_3215.jpg  
Old Oct 30th 2014, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

kodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond reputekodokan has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter had a cast just like that (except purple) until a couple of weeks ago. We bike to school, and she pulled the front brake too hard and went over the bars. So my 'bike to save gas money' plan has somewhat backfired - it'll take me at least the rest of this school year to get payback on the $1k or so a broken arm has cost.

Hope everyone recovers fully.
Old Oct 31st 2014, 2:07 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

she is desperately hoping she gets a purple or pink cast when this temp white one is changed out.
Old Oct 31st 2014, 2:39 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

she is desperately hoping she gets a purple or pink cast when this temp white one is changed out.
No coloured casts in Italy at all, but it was all free so that's a bonus.

When my mum had her ankle put in plaster last year she asked for a purple cast. The Dr looked at her, realised she wasn't joking and said "we normally reserve coloured casts for children Mrs K but, if you want purple then I suppose you can have purple."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.