Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

June 22nd, a bittersweet day...

June 22nd, a bittersweet day...

Old Jun 22nd 2009, 4:29 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default June 22nd, a bittersweet day...

One year ago today, our dear dog Andie died. She was 13 and I'd had her since she was a puppy. I can hardly believe it's already been an entire year. It really only feels like it was 5-6 months ago. I miss her every day, I think of her constantly. Seeing squirrels makes me think of her especially, and there are a lot of squirrels around here! Even certain songs remind me of her and bring a tear to my eye when I hear them.

So today is a sad one for me. It's also the first day of our vacation. We didn't plan it that way, it just worked out that we'd be leaving on the 22nd. In a way I'm happy, because I think being at home on the anniversary of Andie's death would be exceptionally difficult for me to handle emotionally. Her passing was not without pain and distress, which occurred in our apartment on the night she died. So I'm glad that I will be removed from that.

We're going to Shenandoah to visit Luray Caverns and drive Skyline Drive. I've wanted to go there since I was a kid and it's finally happening. This is also Mark's first visit there. We're going to celebrate Andie's life and take some time to relax and reflect. So in this sense, June 22nd will be bittersweet.

~ Jenney
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 2:42 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: June 22nd, a bittersweet day...

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
One year ago today, our dear dog Andie died. She was 13 and I'd had her since she was a puppy. I can hardly believe it's already been an entire year. It really only feels like it was 5-6 months ago. I miss her every day, I think of her constantly. Seeing squirrels makes me think of her especially, and there are a lot of squirrels around here! Even certain songs remind me of her and bring a tear to my eye when I hear them.

So today is a sad one for me. It's also the first day of our vacation. We didn't plan it that way, it just worked out that we'd be leaving on the 22nd. In a way I'm happy, because I think being at home on the anniversary of Andie's death would be exceptionally difficult for me to handle emotionally. Her passing was not without pain and distress, which occurred in our apartment on the night she died. So I'm glad that I will be removed from that.

We're going to Shenandoah to visit Luray Caverns and drive Skyline Drive. I've wanted to go there since I was a kid and it's finally happening. This is also Mark's first visit there. We're going to celebrate Andie's life and take some time to relax and reflect. So in this sense, June 22nd will be bittersweet.

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/7755/jenneyandie.jpg

~ Jenney
My heart goes out to you. I love my dog to bits and he has been my lifeline here, especially in the early days.
I can't imagine life without him and so I can only guess at how you are feeling.
Enjoy your vacation, though. I would love to drive Skyline Drive.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 3:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Is it really a year? Crickey that's gone so quickly. Time helps to heal the wound but you will never forget her. Enjoy your holiday and your memories of Andie.

Yesterday my daughter took my 2 'girls' back to Toronto with her for a few weeks. I didn't want to get out of bed this morning and face an empty house.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

I agree it doesn't seem like a year. It's always hard to lose the pets that become part of our families. Hope you have a wonderful holiday, Luray Caverns and the Skyline Drive are both beautiful.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 1:11 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/7755/jenneyandie.jpg

~ Jenney
I hope you and Mark will enjoy your vacation. I spent a vacation in the Shenandoah Valley area a couple of years ago. We did Skyline Drive and Luray Caverns. If you're in New Market, I highly recommend stopping at Southern Kitchen for a meal.