Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

The joys of travelling....

The joys of travelling....

Old Apr 22nd 2012, 1:03 am
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute
Default The joys of travelling....

... come fly the friendly People of Walmart Airlines...
Attached Thumbnails The joys of travelling....-image001.jpg   The joys of travelling....-image002.jpg   The joys of travelling....-image003.jpg  
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 1:04 am
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The joys of travelling....

the last one is a classic...
Attached Thumbnails The joys of travelling....-image004.jpg   The joys of travelling....-image005.jpg   The joys of travelling....-image006.jpg  
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 2:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Southwest?

OMG! The last picture looks like Death!
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 2:50 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tarkak9
the last one is a classic...
Imagine having to sit next to that guy in the middle picture. I sure wouldn't risk a nap.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 3:48 am
Boomshacalaca!!

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Southwest?

OMG! The last picture looks like Death!
I was thinking more like E.T.
(obviously dead tired.. sorry)
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 4:04 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

EasyJet?

Old Apr 22nd 2012, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Re: The last picture, I thought when funeral homes sent bodies home on planes they had to be boxed and in the cargo section
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 5:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

The cross dresser is quite well known, often seen at phoenix skyharbor apparently.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 1:19 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen worse on some of my flights, like the man with see-through underwear who got up 15 minutes after took off, stripped down to his underwear in the aisle, then got under a blanket and went to sleep. A few hours later he got up and shuffled to the bathroom basically undressed.

Asked the stewardess what was up. She said "happens more than we like to admit. Some folks just think they are at home and want to sleep as they do at home."
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 1:08 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

I used to do voluntary work at Newark airport, NJ with the 'Travelers Aid' charity and some of the above photos reminded me of something:

Just behind the concierge desk where I sat, a new purpose built airline lounge was set up (landside) for the now defunct business class only airline, "Silverjet" (Newark to Stansted airport). It's now the lounge for the Indian airline, 'Jet Airways'.

One day I noticed a flight attendant sitting in the public seating area adjacent to the Silverjet lounge with her small wheeled suitcase. She was striking....platinum blonde bouffant hair, *lots* of makeup, enormous false eyelashes. She was wearing an old-fashioned airline cap (think Virgil from 'Thunderbirds') a very short mini skirt, knee high stiletto boots and a cute cropped jacket (with airline badge). I assumed she had arrived at the airport early and was waiting for the rest of the cabin crew to join her. Come to think of it, her face and hair looked a bit like Lady Penelope from Thunderbirds....

I thought that she was with 'Silverjet' and as I walked past the lounge, one of their staff arrived to open up the lounge and admit passengers. I commented to the guy about how unusual and sexy their flight attendant uniforms were. He grinned and explained that she certainly wasn't with Silverjet.....and she was no lady. Just then she tottered past me on her stilettos to go to the nappy changing area next to the ladies' toilets (where there was a large mirror) to touch up her makeup (it looked like it must have been slapped on with a trowel). Well, I couldn't resist going to to the loo myself to take another look at her.....then it dawned on me that she was a tranny!

I found out that she would regularly hang around the airport terminals in the New York area dressed in this manner, but I believe she/he may have been breaking the law by impersonating airline personnel, despite not going near the security areas and I never saw her in drag again.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

I was on a plane once where a whole family took turns going to the bathrooms and changing into pajamas. After sleeping for several hours, they only just managed to change back in time before the flight landed.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Vimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond repute

If you thought Walmart was scary then don't attempt to fly with any of these guys

http://freakjet.com/