info please

Old Jun 21st 2005, 4:03 pm
wendy

Question info please

i have been living in canada since 2002 , i have been back to uk 3 times and miss it very much. I have a permanant resident card for canada . What do i need or have to do if i want to go back to uk for good . I cannot seem to settle here .

Old Jun 21st 2005, 5:16 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: info please

You a UK citizen? Then you don't have to do anything, just move, register with local NHS to get GP, and voters register etc...

Might want to get canadian citizenship before moving though??
Old Jun 21st 2005, 5:33 pm
wendy

Smile Re: info please

Originally Posted by Bob
You a UK citizen? Then you don't have to do anything, just move, register with local NHS to get GP, and voters register etc...

Might want to get canadian citizenship before moving though??

yes i am a uk citizen , would never give that up . I would get my canadian citizenship in about a year but i dont think i can wait that long lollllll . Thanks for the info though , Why do you think it would be better if i got that ?? regards wendy

Old Jun 21st 2005, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wendy
yes i am a uk citizen , would never give that up . I would get my canadian citizenship in about a year but i dont think i can wait that long lollllll . Thanks for the info though , Why do you think it would be better if i got that ?? regards wendy

sometimes when you get back home things aren't the same and you wish you could move back to where you came from ie Canada, if you recieved your canadian citizenship than moving back would be heck of a lot easier
Old Jun 21st 2005, 7:21 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
sometimes when you get back home things aren't the same and you wish you could move back to where you came from ie Canada, if you recieved your canadian citizenship than moving back would be heck of a lot easier
What he said...and also gives you more options, because once you've lost your PR status, then your kinda stuck with the move...
Old Jun 21st 2005, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

a year in a lifetime is so small. Get your citizenship that way you have options, which is a lucky position to be in.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 10:28 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Many people like you who "just couldn't wait" to get citizenship are now regretting it. Some years later they may have changed their minds, want to return to Canada, but are well and truly stuck in the UK, their PR gone for good.

It also means that future children you have back in the UK won't be Canadian citizens. Or any children you already have, unless they were born in Canada. A recipe for family strife if you have children born in Canada who will have Canadian citizenship (different nationality rights among siblings is something you really want to avoid).

Jeremy

Last edited by JAJ; Jun 22nd 2005 at 10:44 am.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 7:08 am
CPW
BE Enthusiast

CPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
...different nationality rights among siblings is something you really want to avoid...
I can back that up based on the experiences of two families I know - a disaster. In one case it all but tore the family apart, and recriminations still continue to some extent. The most irritating thing is that in both cases the situation could have been very easily avoided if the parents (or even just one of them) had been naturalised before leaving Australia: in one case a matter of a few weeks' wait only, probably.

Never assume that the world is going to continue just as we know it now and that one's circumstances won't be diffierent in the future!
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 3:55 pm
wendy

Default Re: thank you all xxx

thanks all for some good advice phewwwwww i was going through a bad time and just wanted out but didnt make any hasty desicions and yes i will get my citizenship which after going through all this would be a shame not to have it . As for kids lolll im too old for that left my 6 grandchildren back in uk awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww but i will see them again soon i hope . This is such a comfort to be able to come here and air my thoughts and i thank you . Its like stopping by for a cuppa lolll anyway thank all and be back soon . have a great day

Old Jun 24th 2005, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

I would stick it out, the amount of people who moved back from canada and other places then realised it was a mistake and now want to move back is tremendous, for the sake of 1 year you would have so many more options open to you.

Mark
Old Jul 16th 2005, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

bonny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: thank you all xxx

thanks all for some good advice phewwwwww i was going through a bad time and just wanted out but didnt make any hasty desicions and yes i will get my citizenship which after going through all this would be a shame not to have it . As for kids lolll im too old for that left my 6 grandchildren back in uk awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww but i will see them again soon i hope . This is such a comfort to be able to come here and air my thoughts and i thank you . Its like stopping by for a cuppa lolll anyway thank all and be back soon . have a great day
Hi Wendy,
You really should get the Citizenship.I am in about a year "I hope".Is it just you going back ?