Im Back

Old Jul 20th 2010, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

chris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Im Back

Hi there everyone,

Im not sure if any of you will remember me, but i began posting on this site a couple of years ago and was trying to gain info on a K-1 and CR-1 visa to see the difference, me and my girlfriend were thinking about marriage and wanted to know our options.(i have since forgotten all my details so created a new account. sorry)

Well, she came over here this summer (first time in 2 years) and i proposed and she said yes

We are however, not looking to move to the US as of right now, as my career prospects seem slightly better here in the UK and she loves it here.

I just wanted to say thanks for all the advice and help from all of you, and could i trouble you for some more.

Would i still be able to get a US passport even though we will be living here in the UK. My fiance seems to think i could, but i thought you had to be LIVING AND A PR in the US for at least 3 years before applying for that. She wanted to know, as if we fly to the US I would most likely be caught up in all the International passport lines and she would just sail through the US one. She moved to the US 15 years ago and seems to think she got her passport right away? she was 7 at the time.

I look forward to hearing from you all,

many thanks

Chris
Old Jul 20th 2010, 2:09 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Im Back

Welcome back

Your fiancee is incorrect and you win the prize. Marriage to a USC does not make you an automatic US Citizen. You will have to apply for an immediate relative visa about 6/8 months before you are ready to come to live in the US and once that is approved and you enter the US you will be a PR. 2 years and 90 days after your entry, you can apply for naturalization.

Rete
Old Jul 20th 2010, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

chris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond reputechris23 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rete.

I knew I was right

well not to worry, we are thinking about taking our life to the US, just not right now, for me its just too expensive with all the insurance costs and the job situation in her town (orlando), as im sure it is in most places right now, its just not the right time as there could well be opportunities here in the UK for us.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 2:32 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
2 years and 90 days after your entry, you can apply for naturalization.
90 days before the third anniversary of your arrival on an immigrant visa is what I believe you mean.