I'd forgotten....

Old May 18th 2008, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

EnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud of
Default I'd forgotten....

....what a pain all the visa stuff is! We have had a long period of peace, in the time of my 'extension' until my conditions are removed (sounds painful I know...)
but yesterday I got a letter saying they have insufficient evidence and I need to send more by June 28th (or be deported despite 3 1/2 years of marriage,blah blah etc) ....

trouble is we sent pretty much anything we have already.....the only thing I can add is our new lease, with both our names (we sent the previous one) plus my husbands life insurance which I am on as beneficiary etc.....

Honestly, you have to prove yer flippin' married to get to this stage anyway, what do they want, blood??!

I was so sad yesterday because the thing that makes it so hard to deal with is not just the stress of not knowing if they will approve you even at this stage (hey, who cares that you are married, lets just split you up and send you back!) but also the fact that this is the last stage of signing my life away to live here my whole life.

And I don't want to live here. I hate it. But I will go through this whole thing still to be with my husband.

I am wondering how long before I just implode and leave a big pile of English jam all over the floor.

Thanks for listening!!
Old May 18th 2008, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'd forgotten....

Originally Posted by EnglishTeaDuck
....what a pain all the visa stuff is! We have had a long period of peace, in the time of my 'extension' until my conditions are removed (sounds painful I know...)
but yesterday I got a letter saying they have insufficient evidence and I need to send more by June 28th (or be deported despite 3 1/2 years of marriage,blah blah etc) ....

trouble is we sent pretty much anything we have already.....the only thing I can add is our new lease, with both our names (we sent the previous one) plus my husbands life insurance which I am on as beneficiary etc.....

Honestly, you have to prove yer flippin' married to get to this stage anyway, what do they want, blood??!

I was so sad yesterday because the thing that makes it so hard to deal with is not just the stress of not knowing if they will approve you even at this stage (hey, who cares that you are married, lets just split you up and send you back!) but also the fact that this is the last stage of signing my life away to live here my whole life.

And I don't want to live here. I hate it. But I will go through this whole thing still to be with my husband.

I am wondering how long before I just implode and leave a big pile of English jam all over the floor.

Thanks for listening!!
What kind of visa are you on? What evidence did you already give them?
Old May 19th 2008, 7:06 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry what you are going through - that's rough.

You must love your husband very much. Here's hoping you eventually at least like it here or that your husband moves back to the UK with you at some point.

Can't do much but send you and sympathy. Hope things get better for you soon some way or another.
Old May 19th 2008, 7:18 am
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for listening!!
We came here on work visas and applied for our GC's. It was very stressful and I really sympathize. At least if our application had gone wrong we would have all gone home...and there were many days I hoped it would.

The relief when they were approved was huge and I felt better about living here which was weird because I didn't think it would make a difference but it did.

I hope it all goes smoothly from now on ...Good Luck.
Old May 19th 2008, 7:19 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Its not unusual ..send a few thing you already sent plus anything new ..
any old crap ... You stay a permanent resident until a judge says you aint ..dont let it get to you ...your safe ..
Old May 19th 2008, 9:15 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with Ray on this...I'm still waiting to get my 10 year GC, I did the remove conditions thing last summer, fingered printed and just waiting around. It's not been a year yet so I can't be bothered with an info-pass appointment though.
Old May 19th 2008, 9:18 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

It's not unusual to get an RFE, even for something you already turned in. USCIS has a way of "misplacing" pieces of paper and they just send you a request for more. Don't let it get you down.

Go ahead and send a copy of the new lease, the proof of beneficiary of life insurance, and if you didn't already, send a copy of your 2007 tax return.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old May 19th 2008, 2:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for listening!!
They probably lost the crap you already sent them. After all the reading I do on this forum, I've seen lots of folks get this RFE. As Ray said, send some of the crap you sent before, and then anything new you may be able to add. They just like to scare you with the word 'deportation' so you won't ignore their letter..(and maybe cuz USCIS is on one big power trip).