I won the lottery!

Old Apr 16th 2013, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

Hawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond repute
Default I won the lottery!

The H-1B Lottery that is. I somehow feel warm and fuzzy like it was an accomplishment, but then empty inside that I'm working for exactly the same employer, BUT something magical will happen on the 1st October.

Of course I got approved 24 hours after they looked at my petition, and we've been waiting 100 days+ for Nebraska to even sniff my wifes green card application - which we've been told has a risk of RFE (hence back up H-1B plan) which my employer has been TBH amazing about and didn't even bat an eyelid when I asked them if they would do it.

I'm glad I'm working for the best company in the Bay Area - they truly are champions for employee happiness
Old Apr 16th 2013, 6:03 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I won the lottery!

Originally Posted by Hawkini
I'm glad I'm working for the best company in the Bay Area - they truly are champions for employee happiness
Congratulations!

Ian
Old Apr 16th 2013, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

Hawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond reputeHawkini has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Congratulations!
Thanks! Winning the lottery was no big deal. But working for my company had a pretty grueling interview so definitely Congratulations are in order, I'm just glad someone recognizes that fact.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 7:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

The H-1B Lottery that is. I somehow feel warm and fuzzy like it was an accomplishment, but then empty inside that I'm working for exactly the same employer, BUT something magical will happen on the 1st October.

Of course I got approved 24 hours after they looked at my petition, and we've been waiting 100 days+ for Nebraska to even sniff my wifes green card application - which we've been told has a risk of RFE (hence back up H-1B plan) which my employer has been TBH amazing about and didn't even bat an eyelid when I asked them if they would do it.

Congratulations.

There are a lot of good employers in the Silicon Valley so who do you think is the best?
Old Apr 16th 2013, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Michael
Congratulations.

There are a lot of good employers in the Silicon Valley so who do you think is the best?
Oh it's not my personal opinion.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/workda...173500928.html

I did say "Bay Area" and not Silicon Valley - although it would probably do very well in all areas...!
Old Apr 16th 2013, 7:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Oh it's not my personal opinion.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/workda...173500928.html

I did say "Bay Area" and not Silicon Valley - although it would probably do very well in all areas...!
Even though the company is in Pleasanton, many in the bay area consider high tech companies in the bay area as Silicon Valley companies.

PeopleSoft was out there also and was always referred to as a Silicon Valley company.

Last edited by Michael; Apr 16th 2013 at 7:27 pm.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Michael
Even though the company is in Pleasanton, many in the bay area consider high tech companies in the bay area as Silicon Valley companies.

PeopleSoft was out there also and was always referred to as a Silicon Valley company.
And coincidentally Workday was founded by the founder of PS - and he really likes Pleasanton :-)
Old Apr 16th 2013, 9:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

And coincidentally Workday was founded by the founder of PS - and he really likes Pleasanton :-)
Oracle who bought PeopleSoft is on the Redwood Shores and that is not much closer to the Silicon Valley than Pleasanton.

Although high tech started in Palo Alto, the heart of the Silicon Valley would probably be referred to as the area in north San Jose where Intel and Cisco are located even though that majority of companies are in Sunnyvale, Mountain View, and rapidly expanding to Fremont.

Last edited by Michael; Apr 16th 2013 at 9:31 pm.