Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

I need spectacles!!!

I need spectacles!!!

Old Feb 27th 2009, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

Hove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to all
Default Re: I need spectacles!!!

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Caveat emptor.

I wish that I could go to crappy places like Costco or Lenscrafters to get my glasses. I don't have that strange of a prescription, but it's hard to find decent optometrists and opticians.

My glasses typically cost 700-800 dollars. It's worth it though because a) I can see through them, and b) they last. My current primary pair were made in 2000.

If you buy shit, don't expect them to last.

I have wasted $$$ going to cheap places. I've learned a good bell-weather in gauging competency in spectacles is to ask about ABBE values. If the person looks like you're talking a foreign language, go elsewhere.

Currently wearing Spectralite lenses with a high ABBE value. There's a hint.

PS, Steerpike, you're right. Coming out wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Your experiences served me well, and for that I am grateful.
I use Wal mart and ours happens to have all of the latest equipment
no insurance for eyes exam costs $69.00