I missed you lot!!

Old Mar 7th 2011, 5:55 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute
Default I missed you lot!!

Ok, maybe not all of you, and I'm sure I wasn't missed..

New job was keeping me busy, I'm settled in now and have figured out how to make sure no one can see what I'm doing at my desk...

Glad to be back...
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:02 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I missed you lot!!

You *were* missed! Several people have wondered where you've been.
You'd never believe how long it took me to find the 'show desktop now' button on Win7.

Last edited by meauxna; Mar 7th 2011 at 8:07 pm. Reason: didn't mean to distract from 'welcome back'. :)
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:07 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
you just went away <poof>.
no need to call the guy's sexuality into question just because he a had a break from BE for a while....
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

You'd never believe how long it took me to find the 'show desktop now' button on Win7.
BG's tip of the day:

Pressing the Windows key and the letter M minimises everything so you can see the desktop. That keystroke has been available since at least XP, maybe earlier. Quicker than messing with the mouse in most scenarios.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
BG's tip of the day:

Pressing the Windows key and the letter M minimises everything so you can see the desktop. That keystroke has been available since at least XP, maybe earlier. Quicker than messing with the mouse in most scenarios.
Or move the cursor to the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Moving the cursor back makes the text reappear.

Alternatively...right click at the bottom right hand corner of the screen...click again to see text.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Mar 7th 2011 at 7:20 pm.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:20 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
no need to call the guy's sexuality into question just because he a had a break from BE for a while....
I knew that was coming. Pedant.

BG's tip of the day:

Thanks, I didn't know that one. Windows key + D also goes to desktop (faster, but not as gracefully as Win +M).
If I've got my hand on the mouse (more usual), that button is still my quickie.
Not that I have anything to hide.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Or move the cursor to the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Moving the cursor back makes the text reappear.

Alternatively...right click at the bottom right hand corner of the screen...click again to see text.
Yeah but that doesn't work for those of us with multiple screens.

We have to make a conscious effort to locate the mouse over that small oblong rather than the cursor ending up on the screen to the right of the one that hosts the taskbar.

But your point is taken.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:27 pm

BG's tip of the day:
Do you have a perma fix for the 'auto hide the taskbar' feature by any chance? If you use it, you know what I'm talking about, if you don't, don't get involved.. it's a path to madness.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SDDep
Ok, maybe not all of you, and I'm sure I wasn't missed..

New job was keeping me busy, I'm settled in now and have figured out how to make sure no one can see what I'm doing at my desk...

Glad to be back...

O there you are!

Crazy weather today
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back poof
Old Mar 7th 2011, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Welcome back poof
O c'mon, that's not fair.
I am going to use my magic powers to disappear my action comment.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 8:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

O c'mon, that's not fair.
I am going to use my magic powers to disappear my action comment.
Brit banter at its finest
Old Mar 7th 2011, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

DeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond repute

You weren't missed as much as I was.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 9:46 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Welcome back poof
haha thanks!
Old Mar 7th 2011, 9:47 pm
Not around much..

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
O there you are!

Crazy weather today

Its started raining again just now in Mira Mesa...very odd...on and off...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.