Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

I don't want to live in the US! but....

I don't want to live in the US! but....

Old Jan 23rd 2008, 6:26 am

Triboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I don't want to live in the US! but....

...reading some of the threads and replies,,,you guys are really patient!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 1:28 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I don't want to live in the US! but....

Are you sure???

If you're young and enthusiastic and have at least a few basic skills then the USA would welcome you! While America's only a small-ish country and is getting quite full of Mexicans I hear there's still room left in Orlando where Disney and all that is.

Old Jan 23rd 2008, 1:40 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

I am so amazed. In the UK they moan there is too much immigration and that all the school places (etc etc) are being snatched by immigrants rather than those who have lived there all their lives and paid taxes etc.

They would surely have something to say about it if the borders to the uk were totally opened and ANY enthusiatsic young worker or someone who just fancied it, OR any old scrounger could just turn up and live there. They like border controls in the uk - but just cant understand why the USA would be any different and just let anyone in who fancies it.

There is also common (i believe) understanding that you cant just breeze into Oz, and that you have to fulfill whatever criteria. So why on earth do they think the USA would be any different.

beggars belief!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 2:11 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui
I am so amazed. In the UK they moan there is too much immigration and that all the school places (etc etc) are being snatched by immigrants rather than those who have lived there all their lives and paid taxes etc.

They would surely have something to say about it if the borders to the uk were totally opened and ANY enthusiatsic young worker or someone who just fancied it, OR any old scrounger could just turn up and live there. They like border controls in the uk - but just cant understand why the USA would be any different and just let anyone in who fancies it.

There is also common (i believe) understanding that you cant just breeze into Oz, and that you have to fulfill whatever criteria. So why on earth do they think the USA would be any different.

beggars belief!
Ah, but there's a difference... the people who want to come here are **better*** than the Eastern Europeans that Britain is (apparently) bursting at the seams with right now.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 4:31 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Triboy
...reading some of the threads and replies,,,you guys are really patient!
Was this split from another discussion or is it just me who doesn't see the connection to... ??
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 4:33 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Was this split from another discussion or is it just me who doesn't see the connection to... ??

Nah the OP was making a funny
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 4:46 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Nah the OP was making a funny
Well, this one was better for the ha-ha factor (sorry Triboy!)

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=508478
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 7:29 pm

Triboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
Well, this one was better for the ha-ha factor (sorry Triboy!)

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=508478
That's pretty funny.

My regular haunt is MBTTUK, but I read a lot of the other forums (esp Spain, which is weird because I have no intention of moving there either). I was making a comment on the complete naivety of 'some' of the thread starters here, and your ability not to chuck a wobbler on a regular basis
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 7:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui

beggars belief!
I blame Eastenders, where characters breeze off to America all the time.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 7:34 pm

NOW it makes sense.

Of course, some abuse is dished out here on occasion.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
Ah, but there's a difference... the people who want to come here are **better*** than the Eastern Europeans that Britain is (apparently) bursting at the seams with right now.
That is exactly what it is. They're a different kind of immigrant apparently.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I blame Eastenders, where characters breeze off to America all the time.
Ah yes I remember Pauline deciding she was going to move there the next day.