I backed into...

Old Dec 16th 2014, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I backed into...

Wife bumped the car in front at traffic lights this morning - everybody moved in the other lanes except the car in front. Couple of very minor dents because it was such low speed, insurance details exchanged, pictures taken, but she took her daughter to hospital "because she was crying". I suppose we're meant to report it to our insurers in case she suddenly develops massive injuries?
Old Dec 16th 2014, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yes do report it.
Old Dec 16th 2014, 5:25 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeoffM
Wife bumped the car in front at traffic lights this morning - everybody moved in the other lanes except the car in front. Couple of very minor dents because it was such low speed, insurance details exchanged, pictures taken, but she took her daughter to hospital "because she was crying". I suppose we're meant to report it to our insurers in case she suddenly develops massive injuries?
As the "aggressor" it would be prudent to report it if you exchanged insurance details. That said, is there a police report? Without one, claiming may be difficult, if not impossible.

I have been rear-ended twice, but neither occasion damaged my vehicle, and I didn't report them, but then I was the "victim" and the chances of me being blamed was virtually zero. (Both were at crossroads where I was slowing/ waiting to turn.)
Old Dec 16th 2014, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

No police report - not required here and I don't think they would even come out unless there were injuries or it involved serious damage.

Thanks both - will report and hope the premiums don't go up (much)! Actually we just had our renewal documentation a couple of days ago and the premiums went down which surprised me.
Old Dec 17th 2014, 12:13 am
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeoffM
Just be aware the kid could have "massive injuries" according to the mother. In this sue happy country, get your insurance company in the loop asap incase they do decide to sue for so called "injuries".
Old Dec 17th 2014, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks - reported to insurance. Actually I'm glad the woman took her kid to the doctor (assuming she did), as there should be a formal record of any injuries by the doctor. That's not to say it's foolproof though.