Hurricane Michael

Old Oct 9th 2018, 9:54 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hurricane Michael

Heads up Florida folk. Stay safe . Let us know how you all are.
I thought this hurricane nonsense was over already this year! It doesn't need to drag on until the end of November, for sure.
Old Oct 10th 2018, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hurricane Michael

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Heads up Florida folk. Stay safe . Let us know how you all are.
I thought this hurricane nonsense was over already this year! It doesn't need to drag on until the end of November, for sure.
We Gulf coasters have had a really quiet season this year, best of luck to the Northern folk in the state.
Old Oct 10th 2018, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

steveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Heads up Florida folk. .
Heads down would probably be safer.
Old Oct 10th 2018, 2:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steveq
Heads down would probably be safer.
The most used phrase from the weather media is actually "hunker down" but when you've been hearing it over and over for the last 30 years heads up or heads down is not so annoying!
Old Oct 10th 2018, 1:43 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Florida and Alabama are sandbagging it and praying for the best scenario. I know we are on the border of Alabama and Mississippi and watching where he will go once he makes landfall. Too far west and we will get parts of him and too far east and the poor Carolinas will suffer poor flooding.
Old Oct 10th 2018, 11:27 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rete
Florida and Alabama are sandbagging it and praying for the best scenario. I know we are on the border of Alabama and Mississippi and watching where he will go once he makes landfall. Too far west and we will get parts of him and too far east and the poor Carolinas will suffer poor flooding.
Are you going to be ok, Rete?
Old Oct 11th 2018, 3:56 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, we are fine. It veered east and never got to MS. Have we heard from the members living in the Panhandle? I know there are two of the one is zzzmark and I don't recall one's nick. He's in Gulf Breeze, FL
Old Oct 11th 2018, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, we are fine. It veered east and never got to MS. Have we heard from the members living in the Panhandle? I know there are two of the one is zzzmark and I don't recall one's nick. He's in Gulf Breeze, FL

Post #2, I'm just south of Tampa, Rich's town, and a few others are in this locale but we just had a snot of localised flooding, a few heavy downpours and overcast skies all day. Absolutely nothing considering what the Northern chunk of the state got last night.

Not sure if Sheepdip is still in the Lexington SC area but if he is he might have had a bit of a rough morning!
Old Oct 11th 2018, 10:18 pm
Concierge

Assumed you lived in the panhandle when you said in post #2 that you gulf coasters. My sister is in Ft. Myers and I don't consider a gulf coaster ... just another eastside in my book. I'm a gulf coaster here in MS.

The other poster is Chawkins99 who lives in Gulf Breeze (which is on the panhandle). The destruction is horrendous. Whole blocks of homes reduced to rubble if not rubble even remains of them.
Old Oct 12th 2018, 10:47 pm
Concierge

Chawkins99 is okay. I saw that he BE trivial pursuit today.
Old Oct 12th 2018, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

Chawkins99 is okay. I saw that he BE trivial pursuit today.
Yes. We're OK. We just had a lot of wind and rain but nothing major. Peak winds here around 40-50mph. We dodged a bullet.

A friend's daughter lives in Panama City within walking distance to the beach. She evacuated to Jacksonville and was going back today or tomorrow. They suspect they have lost everything. They were renting but apparently couldn't get renters insurance due to location. I suspect more due to cost. Still waiting for an update.

We have a sister company out there. Their building mostly survived intact but they have no power. They hooked up a generator but then discovered their internet is down and likely to be down for several weeks if not months. I've spent most of today recovering their systems in our data centre. Their IT guy has lost power at home. He has a backup generator but the storm took out their electric meter and switch panel so can't get the genny working.

I know a couple of others with homes in the area who haven't been back yet. Keeping fingers crossed for them.
Old Oct 13th 2018, 12:31 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
Post #2, I'm just south of Tampa, Rich's town, and a few others are in this locale but we just had a snot of localised flooding, a few heavy downpours and overcast skies all day. Absolutely nothing considering what the Northern chunk of the state got last night.

Not sure if Sheepdip is still in the Lexington SC area but if he is he might have had a bit of a rough morning!
I like that! Nothing but a stiff breeze and a few showers here in St Petersburg.
Old Oct 13th 2018, 12:48 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chawkins99
Yes. We're OK. We just had a lot of wind and rain but nothing major. Peak winds here around 40-50mph. We dodged a bullet.

A friend's daughter lives in Panama City within walking distance to the beach. She evacuated to Jacksonville and was going back today or tomorrow. They suspect they have lost everything. They were renting but apparently couldn't get renters insurance due to location. I suspect more due to cost. Still waiting for an update.

We have a sister company out there. Their building mostly survived intact but they have no power. They hooked up a generator but then discovered their internet is down and likely to be down for several weeks if not months. I've spent most of today recovering their systems in our data centre. Their IT guy has lost power at home. He has a backup generator but the storm took out their electric meter and switch panel so can't get the genny working.

I know a couple of others with homes in the area who haven't been back yet. Keeping fingers crossed for them.
I just got update from WOW internet who were crap in Irma- Offices in Panama City closed indefinitely most others out till monday. If they are your provider in the area you might not see this for a week or two!
Old Oct 13th 2018, 1:15 am
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH
I just got update from WOW internet who were crap in Irma- Offices in Panama City closed indefinitely most others out till monday. If they are your provider in the area you might not see this for a week or two!
I believe they're on C-Spire fiber. From what I heard today, the whole network in the area is screwed up and will take weeks to restore. It's going to take weeks to get power restored. Internet is gonna take a back seat.

AT&T have brought in temporary towers. Verizon is still unavailable.
Old Dec 7th 2018, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Quick update:
Our sister company in Panama City have, just this week, got their internet connections back up and their computer systems are back operational. We have been hosting their systems for the last 2 months.

They still have major damage to their building including sections with no roof but repairs are under way. This is a business with good insurance and finances.

Many of their workers still have unlivable homes and are living in temporary accommodation or FEMA trailers.

For those who know Panama City, there is a bridge separating Panama City on the east side and Panama City Beach on the west side. Properties in Panama City Beach escaped relatively unscathed but across the bridge it's like a war-zone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.