How's your Monday?

Old Jul 21st 2014, 1:01 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default How's your Monday?

Mine isn't bad so far, though I met someone this morning who's week hasn't had the best start. I was taking little Miss P to her summer (day) camp when I stopped as an already-yellow left-turn light was about to turn red. I stopped, so did the Hyundai behind me, .... eventually!

I was driving my F250 with a big ****-off trailer hitch receiver bolted to the chassis; you can probably figure out the rest of story.
Old Jul 21st 2014, 2:09 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How's your Monday?

my first ever car accident - i drove a Renault 5 into the back of someone with a tow hook. Suffice to say it didn't quite work so well with a V-shaped radiator!

My Monday isn't bad but i do have a snarly headache i am hoping will bugger off soon.
Old Jul 21st 2014, 2:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Is it Monday already? One week blurs into the next when you don't work during the summer. Although my dd has soccer camp this week so we actually have structure!
Old Jul 21st 2014, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

My Monday is going pretty well - we have left our son and dog with the Grandparents for a week, so we are footloose and fancy free this week Oh and the sun is shining (and has been for what seems like ages) so that's all good...

On the other hand, I have spent a bit of time today squabbling with Priceline.

As part of our footloose & fancy free lifestyle, OH & I are planning a couple of days up in London later this week. I used the 'name your price' option on Priceline (which I have used before and been happy with). I said I would be happy with a 4* or better hotel and my bid was successful but the property we got was serviced apartments.

I've no problem with apartments or self catering or any of those options sometimes, but I'm not sure that apartments count as a hotel? On this occasion, it is definitely a hotel we are looking for.

Priceline are not budging, their view is that they have given us what we agreed to... we are not so sure...
Old Jul 21st 2014, 2:31 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebs
...... I used the 'name your price' option on Priceline (which I have used before and been happy with). I said I would be happy with a 4* or better hotel and my bid was successful but the property we got was serviced apartments.

I've no problem with apartments or self catering or any of those options sometimes, but I'm not sure that apartments count as a hotel? On this occasion, it is definitely a hotel we are looking for.

Priceline are not budging, their view is that they have given us what we agreed to... we are not so sure...
We did something similar with another web site in June, taking their heavily discounted price for "any" 4* hotel in the City of London, centered on St Paul's. Got a very nice room for $170 about 5mins from St Paul's.
Old Jul 21st 2014, 2:40 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Is it Monday already?
I feel the same way--these summer days need to slow down so I can enjoy them....

Today MUST be Monday because I put out the rubbish bin last night, and so have all my neighbors.
Old Jul 21st 2014, 2:49 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Ours has been pretty darn good.
Got the ferry over to Indonesia to an island resort we used to go to 10+ years ago. A bit nervous what it would be like, but it was totally refurbished last year, so looking nice. Spent the afternoon on a deserted white sand beach complete with Palm trees, playing in the sea with the kids, then wandered down to a restaurant on stilts over the sea for dinner of black pepper crab, steamed garoupa and butter fried prawns, washed down with a few cold ones. Full belly, happy family...all is well. Roll on Tuesday......!

Last edited by Yorkieabroad; Jul 21st 2014 at 2:53 pm.
Old Jul 21st 2014, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Really bad so far!

I got in to find my boss is in hospital with what sounds like a mild heart attack. I've only been here five weeks, so I know almost nothing and we have an election tomorrow and people are flying in to set up a wireless video system for the Sheriff's Office. I know nothing about either as he was dealing with them, so I have to fumble my way through as well as dealing with the usual problems relating to about 250 users on the system in 18 different locations!

IV coffee is called for. The election will involve me being here from about 6am to 9pm tomorrow (we were going to share the load) plus figuring out how the reporting of the results is done.

Is it Friday yet?
Old Jul 21st 2014, 2:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WEBlue
I feel the same way--these summer days need to slow down so I can enjoy them....

Today MUST be Monday because I put out the rubbish bin last night, and so have all my neighbors.
That's how I know it's Tuesday here...
Old Jul 21st 2014, 3:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Ours has been pretty darn good.
Got the ferry over to Indonesia to an island resort we used to go to 10+ years ago. A bit nervous what it would be like, but it was totally refurbished last year, so looking nice. Spent the afternoon on a deserted white sand beach complete with Palm trees, playing in the sea with the kids, then wandered down to a restaurant on stilts over the sea for dinner of black pepper crab, steamed garoupa and butter fried prawns, washed down with a few cold ones. Full belly, happy family...all is well. Roll on Tuesday......!
That sounds horrible! I feel for you.
Old Jul 21st 2014, 3:06 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

It's dirty work, but someone's got to do it

/smug!
Old Jul 21st 2014, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

So far so good, mowed the lawn, done the laundry and its nearly time to go sit in the sun with a cup of coffee
Old Jul 21st 2014, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond repute

Alright so far - returned some books and dvd's, applied for two jobs and now trying to summon up motivation to do some at home data entry.

Then back into town to pick up little man and that's the end of the day.
Old Jul 21st 2014, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

We have to clear up the remnants of yesterday's housewarming party. 40+ guests including one set of neighbours (met the others but they didn't turn up - didn't really expect them to, to be honest).

Onwards with more irrigation investigation and implementation...
Old Jul 21st 2014, 4:29 pm
Banned

Golden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty dam great actually...
I got up around 7am, got a cup of coffee and strapped myself into the Nerve Center. Thats what I call my office..Big wrap around desk, 3 computers, 3 TV's and 3 phones. Took care of business for a few hours, then ate a piece of leftover chicken. Thinkin about layin on the couch now......Might glue something my wife needs glued. Some sandals, I don't know if glue's going to work on that so I don't really want to waste my time on it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.