Howdy From The Sod

Old Aug 5th 2009, 10:14 am
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Howdy From The Sod

Hi there ex pats and anglophile hanger on American spouses and friends

Thought I would check in and see who is still around and who remembers Sillyus Soddus. Time for a quick update methinks. But first of all - if you are thinking of returning to the UK - DON'T BOTHER!!! The lunatics are running the asylum. The labour party are in disarray, the conservatives led by a Tony Blair clone and the common man is putting everything down to 'dem immygrunts and dat, innit', even the rain.

As for the sods? Well, whatcha gonna do. Mrs Sod and Step Sod are back in the US right now, feeling very homesick and fed up. We are waiting for a court hearing so that we can bring step sod to live here as step sods father feels she would have a better life in a Michigan trailer park and spending every other weekend sleeping on a couch at his mams house, being that he is homeless and jobless and yet, despite his proven inability at any kind of sensible parenting (hence us having to go to court in the first place) still has some legal right to stand between us being a happy, functiona littlel family.

All this despite the fact that the new custody arrangement we have worked out with our attorney in the US actaully means he would have more parenting time that he has now and the very generous offer of us flying him over here for vacations every year as our guest. There's no pleasing some people.

Non the less, we are confident the judge will agree a change of domicile and then, after almost four months apart, we shall be together again - fingers crossed.

So, thats the story so far for anybody who is remotely interested. Had I known the stress and complications involved in marrying an American before hand....I still would not have thought twice!! When things get us down I just paraphrase that famous 1960's sub culture war cry: We are the Sods, we are the Sods, we are, we are, we are the Sods!!!

Hoping all our US and ex pat friends are well and happy as you deserve.

Peace
Old Aug 5th 2009, 11:24 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Howdy From The Sod

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
But first of all - if you are thinking of returning to the UK - DON'T BOTHER!!! The lunatics are running the asylum. The labour party are in disarray, the conservatives led by a Tony Blair clone and the common man is putting everything down to 'dem immygrunts and dat, innit', even the rain.
But other than that, how is it? Still checking into a Taco Hell franchise?
Old Aug 5th 2009, 1:07 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Ayup...well you've not missed much...
Old Aug 5th 2009, 1:22 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Hello there Mr Sod.

Went through the old court battle stuff myself with the ex (american) not nice, hope it all works out well for you....so are you going to move back then!
Old Aug 5th 2009, 2:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Hey there SS, sounds like you are settling in nicely
hope the court stuff goes well and you can all be miserable togeather
Old Aug 5th 2009, 3:39 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

But other than that, how is it? Still checking into a Taco Hell franchise? ABY

I'm afraid my Taco dreams are crushed. There can be no hope now that bio fuel looks set to use all the tacos up ha ha

Ayup...well you've not missed much... - Bob

SO they tell me fella

Hello there Mr Sod.

Went through the old court battle stuff myself with the ex (american) not nice, hope it all works out well for you....so are you going to move back then - Poppy

Hiya Poppy. We think it is pretty ait tight (we hope and pray) so we are not too worried. It is only a change of domicile and it can be shown that the childs quality of life is better here in the UK than there in the US.

hope the court stuff goes well and you can all be miserable togeather - Englishtart

Oh the joy or marital misery ha ha. It aint too bad here to be honest. The whole world is in the poo right now. I just can't stand the BNP and their apologists who say - I'm not racist, and I don't support the BNP, but..............

When I here the entirely expected 'but' I begin to bristle. We live in a country with an aged population which far outstrips the birthrate. We NEED bloody immigrants ha ha.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 3:41 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

it can be shown that the childs quality of life is better here in the UK than there in the US.

Michigan is so much in the shit right now you could probably prove he'd have a better quality of life in Murmansk......
Old Aug 5th 2009, 3:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there you Silly Sod...give my regards to Molly. Hope you manage to get everything sorted out soon...must be awful still being apart after all this time.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 6:16 pm
Bugger Off!

Originally Posted by Manc
Michigan is so much in the shit right now you could probably prove he'd have a better quality of life in Murmansk......
He he. Well he is a she but you are right of course. Great to hear from ya mate
Old Aug 5th 2009, 6:18 pm
Bugger Off!

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hi there you Silly Sod...give my regards to Molly. Hope you manage to get everything sorted out soon...must be awful still being apart after all this time.
Hi, thanks for the JG - it is lovely to hear from some of our old pals on here, I will have to pop in more often. It is awful being apart and it is wearing us down a little at this point, but it certainly serves to make our marriage stronger, as adversity tends to. We will all be together soon (and then no doubt I will want to move back to the US ha ha ha)
Old Aug 5th 2009, 7:13 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

hope you get it all sorted soon ss - its great to hear an update!
Old Aug 5th 2009, 8:09 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

But other than that, how is it? Still checking into a Taco Hell franchise? ABY

I'm afraid my Taco dreams are crushed. There can be no hope now that bio fuel looks set to use all the tacos up ha ha

Ayup...well you've not missed much... - Bob

SO they tell me fella

Hello there Mr Sod.

Went through the old court battle stuff myself with the ex (american) not nice, hope it all works out well for you....so are you going to move back then - Poppy

Hiya Poppy. We think it is pretty ait tight (we hope and pray) so we are not too worried. It is only a change of domicile and it can be shown that the childs quality of life is better here in the UK than there in the US.

hope the court stuff goes well and you can all be miserable togeather - Englishtart

Oh the joy or marital misery ha ha. It aint too bad here to be honest. The whole world is in the poo right now. I just can't stand the BNP and their apologists who say - I'm not racist, and I don't support the BNP, but..............

When I here the entirely expected 'but' I begin to bristle. We live in a country with an aged population which far outstrips the birthrate. We NEED bloody immigrants ha ha.

Has Willmore been giving you qouting lessons?

Seriously, good to see you. Have you thought about trying to help the ex get set up in the UK on an economic asylum visa...getting him signed up for the dole, free council house, free medical (hell even free taxi fare to and from the Dr. as I understand it), free everything? Sounds like the sort that might like that...especially as the alternative is Michigan!
Old Aug 5th 2009, 10:14 pm
Bugger Off!

Originally Posted by ironporer
Has Willmore been giving you qouting lessons?

Seriously, good to see you. Have you thought about trying to help the ex get set up in the UK on an economic asylum visa...getting him signed up for the dole, free council house, free medical (hell even free taxi fare to and from the Dr. as I understand it), free everything? Sounds like the sort that might like that...especially as the alternative is Michigan!
It has been so long I forgot how to quote properly lol. As for fella me lad - I wouldn't mind sending him to an asylum period. As for a council house even I aint in with a shout. The wife can't even live in one as it is classed as being in receipt of social benefits. But, mustn't grumble
Old Aug 8th 2009, 5:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Hey SS, nice to see you

Hope you get things sorted out.
Old Aug 8th 2009, 8:07 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, thanks for the JG - it is lovely to hear from some of our old pals on here, I will have to pop in more often. It is awful being apart and it is wearing us down a little at this point, but it certainly serves to make our marriage stronger, as adversity tends to. We will all be together soon (and then no doubt I will want to move back to the US ha ha ha)
One shouldn't joke about such things.

But seriously, glad you're holding up and good luck with working everything out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.