Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

How safe is your neighbourhood,location!

How safe is your neighbourhood,location!

Old Jan 17th 2010, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How safe is your neighbourhood,location!

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Though there are persistent rumours that his antics have fscked up more than one prosecution...
...former Dateline anchor Stone Phillips concedes that "... in many cases, the decoy is the first to bring up the subject of sex." (Phillips defends this, saying that "... once the hook is baited, the fish jump and run with it like you wouldn't believe.")[9] Montopoli contends that this alone may render Predator-related cases vulnerable to the defense of entrapment...
I've seen quite a few episodes, and I've never once heard a decoy initiate the subject of sex, either in the weblogs or at the location. I remember one episode in which the decoy invited 2 guys to get in the hot tub while she left to do something else, but that's about it. Now, in some of the transcripts, when the offender asks for sex, the decoy often agrees, but doesn't actually initiate the subject. When the guy discusses and solicits sex in graphic detail over a period of days, and then drives sometimes several hours to meet the "child", I don't see how the idea of entrapment even enters the picture. At the end of each program, when they show the results of each case, very few are acquitted. Is the show partially motivated by ratings? Yes. It's a business. Is it worth it to get some of these scumbags off the streets? I think it is.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 4:05 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tom60
Is the show partially motivated by ratings? Yes. It's a business. Is it worth it to get some of these scumbags off the streets? I think it is.
Do you masturbate, while you watch it?
Old Jan 17th 2010, 4:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter lives in Oakland and out of the four different areas she has lived since being in California she feels safer there than any of the others...

(but thanks Pops for now worrying the life out of me)
Old Jan 17th 2010, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you masturbate, while you watch it?
Where the f**k did that come from? Do you know me? You've got me wondering about you now.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 4:15 pm

Where the f**k did that come from? Do you know me? You've got me wondering about you now.
Like I said earlier, there's something wrong with people who think that kind of shit is entertainment.

Wonder away, pal. I'm not the one watching noncey shows.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

You're a straight up loon. This is the last I've got to say to you.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 4:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
My daughter lives in Oakland and out of the four different areas she has lived since being in California she feels safer there than any of the others...

It really depends where you are in Oakland. I have family who live in Oakland in a pretty nice area but there are definitely scary parts. Sounds like your daughter is in a nicer area.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
It really depends where you are in Oakland. I have family who live in Oakland in a pretty nice area but there are definitely scary parts. Sounds like your daughter is in a nicer area.
First time I ever went to Oakland, I had a meeting there. Finished the business (computer firm), the guy opened a mini fridge in his office, offered us a beer, whisky, etc.

I took a drink and asked if he minded if I smoked. He asked "Tobacco?" I said "Of course", he said "You need to go up on the roof."

I did, smoked my ciggy, drank my beer. When I got back to his office, they were all smoking pot!

I made my excuses and left. Fscking hippies!
Old Jan 17th 2010, 4:24 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

All I have to say is chartreuse is one lucky mofo...
Old Jan 17th 2010, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nettlebed
All I have to say is chartreuse is one lucky mofo...
Yeah, I hear you nettle head. Nice tits in your avatar, btw.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 4:33 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I hear you nettle head. Nice tits in your avatar, btw.
Er, you know they're not real, don't you?
Old Jan 17th 2010, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nettlebed
Er, you know they're not real, don't you?
Yeah...do you?
Old Jan 17th 2010, 5:02 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma

Some parts are really nice, My SIL lived in Emeryville (well thats what she said) but she was right on the edge of Oakland and Emeryville in a lovely building never any problems. I also hear the the Oakland hills is a nice area.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 7:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
The reason I ask this question is because yesterday, whilst chatting on my cell phone, I missed the turn to SF and ended up in the middle of Oakland ...now there is not much that scares me but OMFG!! I drove for 11miles through the streets and it was full of black folk and Mexicans, now I am not racist but I did not see 1 white face NOT one and had they of all looked pleasant my opinion may of been different but it was flippen scary..the truck went into lock all doors and the baseball hat went on, while I prayed that no one saw a blonde chic and no one rear ended me or I them, as there was no way in hell I was getting out of that truck.........I have seen it on the TV show and now I have lived it the roughest, dirty, scary hole ever, I have been to some poor countrys and seen some things but that was expected, what I saw and felt yesterday was not.

So have you ever been scared in a difficult situation, or is the neighbourhood rough where you are?

Before anyone starts I have many Black and Espanic friends it's just a comment on my observations yesterday
I know what you mean - I did exactly the same many years ago - I took a wrong turn and ended up in west Oakland, near the docks. I slowed down on the approach to each traffic light, waiting for green, and was constantly looking at the mirrors for people boxing me in. There were groups of kids on each corner, each looked like they could kill me with their bare hands. This was before the days of GPS - I could not easily find my way back to the freeway! I pay more attention these days to my freeway exits

Funny thing is - I drove into Oakland for dinner Saturday night - to one of our favorite restaurants, 'Pho 84' - a fantastic Vietnamese place on 17th just off Telegraph. The area is not as bad as west Oakland, but the restaurant has been held up a few times! But the food is sooo good! Article - extract: "Pho 84 at 354 17th St., robbed April 8"

As for where I live ... we forget to lock our doors half the time, and there hasn't been an incident in the past 15 years I've been there ...
Old Jan 18th 2010, 3:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Like I said earlier, there's something wrong with people who think that kind of shit is entertainment.

Wonder away, pal. I'm not the one watching noncey shows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.