Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

How do you complain over here?

How do you complain over here?

Old Jan 14th 2008, 11:24 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do you complain over here?

I highly recommend going to http://www.consumerist.com. That site is loaded with tips on how to get the best customer service, important big-wig contact information for you to use, consumer resources on where to lodge a complaint, AND most importantly a place to write any anecdotes of poor customer service to warn the rest of the consumers out there. It's an awesome site and excellent resource to boot.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 11:30 pm
In yonder hills

britex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ugacrew
I highly recommend going to http://www.consumerist.com.
I've bookmarked that URL for when I head back to the US! ...

----
Old Jan 14th 2008, 11:42 pm
LAH-DI-DAH.

jurassic will become famous soon enough

In this little town,it not what you know but WHO,old boys club is going strong here,course I dont know any one.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 4:35 am
BE Enthusiast

mayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of light

In the UK if you paid for something with a Credit Card the Card issuer and the retailer are jointly liable. So you can get a refund from the card company.
Does the same carry over here?
Old Jan 15th 2008, 4:39 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mayhemuk
In the UK if you paid for something with a Credit Card the Card issuer and the retailer are jointly liable. So you can get a refund from the card company.
Does the same carry over here?
You can challenge purchases made on your credit card in the same way if you did not receive proper service from the merchant. For instance, you received a crappy product and the store won't refund your purchase. Stuff like that.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 5:03 am

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

I miss the ability to get some sense of fair play, like I had in the UK.
Typical example:
Wife forgets to move her car on street cleaning day - OK fair cop - our mistake. BUT the parking official claims she did not have a license plate on the front of the vehicle - and issues TWO fines. Her front license plate if slightly recessed in the bumper (factory specifications). So I take a picture and send it to them with a cover letter (I pay the parking fine online - uncontested). I receive a GENERIC letter back that does not answer my question. I write 3 letters, but each one gets a generic letter back from them (identical) all telling me why not having a front license plate is wrong - I keep telling them we had one and providing the proof. Finally I get a warning of court proceedings! I pay the fine online immediately and write yet another letter. This time they write back claiming I was tough out of luck! Apparently I should have paid the fine with 14 days, and then contested it!
WTF, where is the justice in that? Los Angeles parking bureau robbed me, plain and simple!
Old Jan 15th 2008, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Why would you pay it if you were correct and they were incorrect? Just take your evidence to court.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 11:34 am
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

I usually start off very politely, which gets me nowhere. Then I make "The Offer":

"You can either deal with me, or you can deal with my wife. Trust me, resolving this now will be to the benefit of your hearing in later life"

Every time, without fail, my bluff has been called.

Every time, Mrs Titchski has got results.

It's uncanny
Old Jan 15th 2008, 12:17 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

With me its a case of I take my OH along, he's built like a brick shit house and can do the 'evil glare' and that kind of motivates them into action.

I only use this as a last resort but sometimes they leave you no other choice...
Old Jan 15th 2008, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emma M
If you have a complaint, how do you complain in an efficient manner?

Tell them to deal with the issue to your satisfaction, or........you will fart in their general direction

Jim.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 2:16 pm
Riding on silver wings

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
Tell them to deal with the issue to your satisfaction, or........you will fart in their general direction

Jim.
Youuuu silly French person!

Old Jan 15th 2008, 2:17 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

From what I see, the answer is "Frequently."
Old Jan 15th 2008, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

im9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really niceim9907620 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Redlippie
Reminds me of the one time I got the wrong order at the local BK for the 100th time it seemed, and just lost it. Went inside, ranted and raved, got it for free, for the 100th time.

Went outside and my bleeding van's battery had died, no other store anywhere near there, and I'd forgotten my cell phone at home. Had to sheepishly go in and apologize
Now that must have been cringe worthy
Old Jan 15th 2008, 7:27 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.freeadvice.com/

That's another site that might be worth taking a peak at...
Old Jan 16th 2008, 12:16 am

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

I always get hold of corporate office. Most companies have customer service people who actually have the clout and know how on how to deal with complaints. Never had a problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.