Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

How did you meet..........

How did you meet..........

Old May 24th 2006, 10:04 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How did you meet..........

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Was too

Does she own up to this?
Old May 24th 2006, 10:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny

Does she own up to this?
I looked at this post eagerly, I thought I'd be reading about you and Toon. It was before my time you see, so I missed out.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; May 24th 2006 at 10:59 am.
Old May 24th 2006, 10:48 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
Lost my job at a dotcom in London, disillusioned with everything, 25 years old, decided I should travel.
I came over to the middle of f--king nowhere PA with a Camp America/BUNAC program, hired to be a teacher at an adult vacation center (ie, a camp)
My job as a teacher was translated into "Anything we tell you to do" once I was over. They told me and two other girls to paint all the public toilets for our first week, which we did. Then this guy turned up to replace the ceiling tiles in the toilets and we got talking.
He was the son of the maintenence manager working on his summer off from college.
Although he didn't speak of it, (someone else told us) he was on the rebound from a girl who'd just left him, but I could tell (that smell of sadness and desperation) After I made it clear I had a boyfriend back home he promptly asked a different girl out and started rebounding all over her. They lasted about 2 weeks.
Couple of months later after he'd been following me around a lot, (he had a copy of my work schedule and would co-incidentally turn up where ever I was working) he invited me to a party, I went and it turned out to be a set-up, just him and another couple knocking back the booze. He gave me a mix of red wine and champagne in the same glass to drink and I got completely shit faced. He then attached himself to my face for the next hour. I avoided him like the plague for the next week until finally I gave in when he asked me to go for a walk and he'd set up a picnic blanket outside surrounded by candles.
We moved in together 3 weeks later. A year and a half later we were married.
Awww that's nice, does he still like to indulge in stalking?!
Old May 24th 2006, 11:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

I was dragged in a Night Club in Northampton, the Doorman must of been in a good mood because he let him in with Dr Martins on and liked Americans. Clocked each other, fate is very strange. Been together 8 years married 6
Old May 24th 2006, 11:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
I was dragged in a Night Club in Northampton, the Doorman must of been in a good mood because he let him in with Dr Martins on and liked Americans. Clocked each other, fate is very strange. Been together 8 years married 6
........you'll soon be together again soon Vic.
Old May 24th 2006, 11:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
........you'll soon be together again soon Vic.
End of October Should of been alot sooner, like now!!! being as the silly bugger's just broke his Ankle, while sight seeing in Crete, mean Navy.
Old May 24th 2006, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hayley82
That's very sweet!

We met in Corfu... a holiday romance! We'll be together 5 years in July!
Our stories a combination of the previous two, we met in Corfu and have now been together 20 years, two kids and moving to the US, my OH was with a load of boys who told my friends and I they were Liverpool FC players on holiday at the end of August people asked us
Anyway don't have to tell you his first love and now also his sons. Don't have to tell you how stupid Ifelt either
Old May 24th 2006, 11:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

End of October Should of been alot sooner, like now!!! being as the silly bugger's just broke his Ankle, while sight seeing in Crete, mean Navy.

Oh bugger! I would have thought he was a liability on a boat with crutches. Still maybe you'd have had to cancel your UK trip if he came home.
Old May 24th 2006, 11:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by geordiegirl2
Our stories a combination of the previous two, we met in Corfu and have now been together 20 years, two kids and moving to the US, my OH was with a load of boys who told my friends and I they were Liverpool FC players on holiday at the end of August people asked us
Anyway don't have to tell you his first love and now also his sons. Don't have to tell you how stupid Ifelt either

Haha.......can't believe you fell for that old one.

Still everything turned out well in the end.
Old May 24th 2006, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to behold

Haha.......can't believe you fell for that old one.

Still everything turned out well in the end.
All I can say was I was young and also pissed most of the time, the heady days of holiday with the girls
Old May 24th 2006, 11:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh bugger! I would have thought he was a liability on a boat with crutches. Still maybe you'd have had to cancel your UK trip if he came home.
10 days bed rest at the moment, but his job mainly entails sitting behind a desk anyway
Old May 24th 2006, 11:40 am
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute

The Oh broke his ankle while TDY to McGuire in December. He needed to have surgery and got 4 screws in it. Was on quarters for ages. I was ready to kill him He's only now getting back to normal. Was on crutches for months.
Will your husband stay with the ship? Hope it's not too bad a break.

We met in Greece many moons ago.
Old May 24th 2006, 11:48 am
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute

First met my OH when I was 16, but he was living with a pig dog at the time, about to get married ect, he was 23 and even though we got on really well, he decided I was far too young for him and he was very loyal to the kanine he was living with...
Anyhoo, met him again when I was 18, by this time he had seen the light and got rid of the pig dog, well to cut a long story short, I was in the pub with my mates, pissed as a fart when he walked in, he still says to this day he didn't know I was the same person, with being a hairdresser my hair colour changed weekly, also two years had passed and I had filled out a bit...
Well, to cut a long story short, I was pissed, my young hormones were raging and I was as horny as a sow on heat, anyway I coaxed him into the toilet where we ended up having a shag. The rest is history, been married 17 years this October...
Old May 24th 2006, 12:13 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

I will make no coment about his head being between your legs.
No don't ......more like love at first sight
Old May 24th 2006, 12:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by deba34
First met my OH when I was 16, but he was living with a pig dog at the time, about to get married ect, he was 23 and even though we got on really well, he decided I was far too young for him and he was very loyal to the kanine he was living with...
Anyhoo, met him again when I was 18, by this time he had seen the light and got rid of the pig dog, well to cut a long story short, I was in the pub with my mates, pissed as a fart when he walked in, he still says to this day he didn't know I was the same person, with being a hairdresser my hair colour changed weekly, also two years had passed and I had filled out a bit...
Well, to cut a long story short, I was pissed, my young hormones were raging and I was as horny as a sow on heat, anyway I coaxed him into the toilet where we ended up having a shag. The rest is history, been married 17 years this October...

Always thought you were a dirty bugger Debs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.