Reload this Page >

Homesick for Britain!

Homesick for Britain!

Old Apr 9th 2005, 11:18 pm
Merlot

Default Re: Homesick for Britain!

Originally Posted by Bob
castle is another one...
I take it you have a way of spotting them via their log in or something?

M

Old Apr 9th 2005, 11:19 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Merlot
Seems we have lost The Castle, dropping like flies these banned ones tonight, just as I thought we were making headway!

M
twice in one day getting banned is not good..
Old Apr 9th 2005, 11:21 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Merlot
I take it you have a way of spotting them via their log in or something?
IP address is the same.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 11:22 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by Bob
IP address is the same.
Nice one Bob.

I'll sleep well tonight with less Trolls out there.

Cheers

M

Old Apr 9th 2005, 11:22 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
IP address is the same.
so are they banned for 24 hours or permanant..
Old Apr 10th 2005, 9:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

emmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond repute

missed all the action yesterday whilst at work .....wanted to give baileyalison a personal send off too
Old Apr 10th 2005, 11:31 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by emmals
missed all the action yesterday whilst at work .....wanted to give baileyalison a personal send off too
It was fun but seacreature if you read this thread and where is had gone, please accept my own apologies as I for one did not want to detract from your original questions. I was a bit miffed with baileyalison.

M

Old Apr 10th 2005, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

seacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant futureseacreature has a brilliant future

A lot of threads seem to get hijacked by trolls just lately.

Personally I miss the UK enormously however I'm not blind to it's faults.
There is nothing fundamentally wrong with the UK, it's a beautiful country with lovely friendly people, a successful economy and great nightlife. The main problem is the failure to clamp down on anti-social behavior and yobbism. This really ruins people's quality of life and gives them a very negative view of the nation as a whole.
Personally I think the UK police should be armed and their numbers should be doubled. That would go someway in restoring people's respect (fear?) for law and order.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 3:01 am
ImHere

Originally Posted by seacreature
A lot of threads seem to get hijacked by trolls just lately.

Personally I miss the UK enormously however I'm not blind to it's faults.
There is nothing fundamentally wrong with the UK, it's a beautiful country with lovely friendly people, a successful economy and great nightlife. The main problem is the failure to clamp down on anti-social behavior and yobbism. This really ruins people's quality of life and gives them a very negative view of the nation as a whole.
Personally I think the UK police should be armed and their numbers should be doubled. That would go someway in restoring people's respect (fear?) for law and order.

As an Ex Police Officer in the UK i feel I have to address the last point you made. Britian has a very different culture and policing ideal to the majority of the world: We police by consent not superior fire power. Put simply that means the police in the UK are there simply because they public say they can be. In my opinion it is more a role that society should be adopting to combat ant-social behaviour rather than having military style law enforcement. Our police system is highly respected and highly regarded world wide and it would be a very sad day if and when the UK Police became Law Enforcement rather than Constables of the Peace.

Old Apr 11th 2005, 5:38 am
Just Joined

Kerry UK is just really niceKerry UK is just really niceKerry UK is just really niceKerry UK is just really niceKerry UK is just really niceKerry UK is just really niceKerry UK is just really niceKerry UK is just really nice

[Hi everyone my name is Kerry this is my first post, im not sure if i am putting it in the right area but here goes.
Basically were from West yorkshire and moved to New Zealand and i hate it!!!
kids and hubby love it so im stuck here for now, im 8 months pregnant so im stuck here fot time being, i love the Uk and i miss it lots.
Just thought i would say hi and try and get into the group if you know what i mean
Thanks
Old Apr 11th 2005, 6:08 am
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kerry UK
[Hi everyone my name is Kerry this is my first post, im not sure if i am putting it in the right area but here goes.
Basically were from West yorkshire and moved to New Zealand and i hate it!!!
kids and hubby love it so im stuck here for now, im 8 months pregnant so im stuck here fot time being, i love the Uk and i miss it lots.
Just thought i would say hi and try and get into the group if you know what i mean
Thanks

Whereabouts are you in NZ Kerry? Have you managed to make any friends?
Old Apr 11th 2005, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

Kerry UK is just really niceKerry UK is just really niceKerry UK is just really niceKerry UK is just really niceKerry UK is just really niceKerry UK is just really niceKerry UK is just really niceKerry UK is just really nice

Originally Posted by Watt Dabney
Whereabouts are you in NZ Kerry? Have you managed to make any friends?
Hiya were in Napier, its ok if a bit boring, very touristy as you probably know,
There is a canadian couple living behind us, but they leave at the end of the year, apart from that not really, im not the type of person to go out and make friends, that will have to change.I made myself go to a playcenter which was ok, so ill keep plugging at that
Any suggestiosn or anyone who lives near me would be great
Kerry
Old Apr 11th 2005, 8:10 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kerry UK
Hiya were in Napier, its ok if a bit boring, very touristy as you probably know,
There is a canadian couple living behind us, but they leave at the end of the year, apart from that not really, im not the type of person to go out and make friends, that will have to change.I made myself go to a playcenter which was ok, so ill keep plugging at that
Any suggestiosn or anyone who lives near me would be great
Kerry

It can be really hard, I know. Making some friends can make it a bit easier. I would be your friend but I'm a bit far away! Here are the links to some other forums you might be able to find a fellow Napierite there.

www.*****.co.uk
www.emigratenz.org

Try not to let it get you down. I know easier said than done. I always prided myself on never feeling homesick, been here 2 1/2 yrs. Then about a month ago it hit me like a brick. I got very down for a couple of weeks, but I have made some good friends and they noticed and had lots of kind words. That in itself helped because the homesickness made me feel very isolated and alone, and their concern made me realise i wasn't. Waffling now - sorry!

Chin up, you'll be OK.

Paula
Old Apr 12th 2005, 3:51 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ImHere
As an Ex Police Officer in the UK .
and to think I gave you Karma
Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:24 am
ImHere

Originally Posted by Eskimo
and to think I gave you Karma
hehehe its ok...i wasnt a complete facist bastard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.