Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Home Schooling & IGCSE

Home Schooling & IGCSE

Old Mar 25th 2012, 4:37 am

daisycutter is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Home Schooling & IGCSE

Hi,my kids currently do the IGCSE exams course at school here in NZ .. we may return to the UK later this year and want to think about home schooling and continue the IGCSE course ... does anyone else have experience of home schooling for teenagers in the UK and study groups etc that operate ... many thanks.
Old Mar 25th 2012, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

heartofengland has a spectacular aura aboutheartofengland has a spectacular aura aboutheartofengland has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Home Schooling & IGCSE

I would try googling "home education" rather than "homeschooling". From what I understand there are many sites dedicated to the practice, with www.home-education.org.uk being one of the most informative. Best of luck!
Old Mar 25th 2012, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Home Schooling & IGCSE

I know absolutely nothing about IGCSEs, so please feel free to discount what I say, but I taught teenagers for GCSEs in the UK for a long time. I would advise you, if possible, to send your kids to the local school because they can then make friends in the local area, essential when moving to a new country. Also, they are probably flexible enough to change from one system to another, and there may be some overlap in what they`ve been taught.
Sorry, I dont want to seem interfering. I just encountered a number of children who were home schooled and then sent to us at the last minute to get their exams and it would have been easier for them if they`d been in school a bit earlier on.