Reload this Page >

Home grocery delivery in Westchester, NY

Home grocery delivery in Westchester, NY

Old Oct 28th 2016, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

MrSunu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Home grocery delivery in Westchester, NY

Hi all,
I'm using Ocado in the UK & find it very useful. It is a Home grocery delivery service, great online/app interface, 1h cheap delivery slots, pretty much always on time. I was wondering if anyone knew of an equivalent that would cover Westchester, NY & has a good web/iphone App to shop & organise delivery.

Thanks,
Alex
Old Oct 28th 2016, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

yellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Home grocery delivery in Westchester, NY

Home grocery delivery is not as big a thing in the US compared to Ocado, Asda, Tesco etc. I believe some stores offer it but it depends on your location as it's not available in all cities. I've heard of people getting grocery deliveries from Safeway and Amazon for example

I think your best bet is to see what supermarkets are in Westchester, and then google that store "home delivery" to see if available.
Old Oct 28th 2016, 1:37 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Stop 'N Shop does with their PeaPods.

Never used them myself as I like to pick and choose my own meats and produce but it was my preferred place to shop for groceries. Several of my elderly neighbors did use them and they do make late night deliveries, i.e. after 8 p.m.

You might want to familiarize yourself with the area's markets, however. Shoprite has some very nice meats and produce, as does Stu Leonard's off the NY Thruway in Yonkers. Being a Brit, you will probably like and use Trader's Joe for things that remind you of home and then there is Whole Foods in Yonkers' Ridge Hill and one in White Plains.

If you are wanting to buy in bulk you have Costco which is in the complex with Stu Leonard's and there is Sam's Club in Elmsford. Westchester is a large county so I can only tell you about the ones in the area of the county I'm familiar with.

Last edited by Rete; Oct 28th 2016 at 1:50 pm.
Old Oct 28th 2016, 7:55 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Hannafords, grocery store do a similar thing to Stop n Shop with the Peapod service.

I think Wegmans offer it in some areas.

Amazon, as mentioned, deliver groceries in some areas.
Old Oct 28th 2016, 9:29 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Hannafords, grocery store do a similar thing to Stop n Shop with the Peapod service.

I think Wegmans offer it in some areas.

Amazon, as mentioned, deliver groceries in some areas.
Unfortunately, Wegman's is not in Westchester County yet ... only in New Jersey. Hannafords is also not in New York, at least not in Westchester County.
Old Oct 28th 2016, 9:38 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Unfortunately, Wegman's is not in Westchester County yet ... only in New Jersey. Hannafords is also not in New York, at least not in Westchester County.
I wasn't sure about Hannafords, as they had recently bought some chain that was based in CT and were merging the brands, which they had started with a bunch of stores in western MA.
Old Oct 29th 2016, 2:57 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Bob
I wasn't sure about Hannafords, as they had recently bought some chain that was based in CT and were merging the brands, which they had started with a bunch of stores in western MA.
The same thing with Stop n Shop. Being a frequent visitor to MA's Berkshire region, I've known that store for over 25 years. They recently bought out A&P, at least some branches.