Holy heck.......

Old Feb 13th 2008, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Holy heck.......

Hello there! How exciting to be on the final rundown to going home!
I just had a thought seeing as you dont have a car and you said you had things to donate, i dont know how things work where you are but here in NZ the schools are often advertising for stuff they can sell or auction at their annual fleamarket or fete and here they do say we will come and collect if you cant get to us....Just a thought but it may be worth giving a few of them a call. Good luck and keep us updated when you get home!
Cheers
Cally
Old Feb 14th 2008, 12:23 am
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holy heck.......

Originally Posted by cally49
I just had a thought seeing as you dont have a car and you said you had things to donate, i dont know how things work where you are but here in NZ the schools are often advertising for stuff they can sell or auction at their annual fleamarket or fete and here they do say we will come and collect if you cant get to us....Just a thought but it may be worth giving a few of them a call. Good luck and keep us updated when you get home!
Cheers
Cally
Hmmm, never thought about schools. Might give that a go. I had called one of the massive charity stores here and asked them if they could pick up a huge entertainment unit that's in storage, and they said they won't pick up unless I have TWO pieces of furniture. Erm...huh? How ungrateful.

I'm going to call a few more, and if they all say the same thing, I'll put one tiny piece of furniture that I'd be donating anyway in with the unit too. Hah! Failing that, I'll def try the schools, thanks for the tip!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 12:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katesbackagain
Hmmm, never thought about schools. Might give that a go. I had called one of the massive charity stores here and asked them if they could pick up a huge entertainment unit that's in storage, and they said they won't pick up unless I have TWO pieces of furniture. Erm...huh? How ungrateful.

I'm going to call a few more, and if they all say the same thing, I'll put one tiny piece of furniture that I'd be donating anyway in with the unit too. Hah! Failing that, I'll def try the schools, thanks for the tip!
There you go, problem solved Kate you must be getting so excited about moving back, how are you feeling right now?
Old Feb 14th 2008, 4:26 am
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marmalade
There you go, problem solved Kate you must be getting so excited about moving back, how are you feeling right now?

Thank you for asking. My response......

Extremely peculiar. My last day at work is tomorrow and the lady who's been my best friend for the last few months keeps saying nice things to me like she'll miss me, and I almost cry every time. They're all having a pot luck lunch for me tomorrow and I know I'll bawl like a baby.

I felt a little ill last night, and I think I'm just getting so wound up that my immune system is faltering a little. I think once I don't have to deal with work as well, I'll be better, cuz I can sleep in most days until I leave.

Can't wait to see my mum, and I've even missed my dad's moaning!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for asking. My response......

Extremely peculiar. My last day at work is tomorrow and the lady who's been my best friend for the last few months keeps saying nice things to me like she'll miss me, and I almost cry every time. They're all having a pot luck lunch for me tomorrow and I know I'll bawl like a baby.

I felt a little ill last night, and I think I'm just getting so wound up that my immune system is faltering a little. I think once I don't have to deal with work as well, I'll be better, cuz I can sleep in most days until I leave.

Can't wait to see my mum, and I've even missed my dad's moaning!
Oh, you poor thing, you must be feeling very peculiar

How many weeks, days is it now?
Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:33 am
Former Floridian

Originally Posted by Marmalade
Oh, you poor thing, you must be feeling very peculiar

How many weeks, days is it now?
Just under 2 weeks. Flying on 27th Feb. I would say it in days but I'm superstitious and don't like that number.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Just under 2 weeks. Flying on 27th Feb. I would say it in days but I'm superstitious and don't like that number.
Ah, come on, 13 is a lovely number (personally I don't like the number 11)

Make sure you post right before you go, and obviously afterwards.