holidaying in usa

Old Jun 15th 2010, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default holidaying in usa

hello all
fiance usc - me ukc

fiance visa started process march for me to go to usa

question
I have booked to go to usa on hol in july for a week - is this ok?hope so as ticket cost an arm and a leg!!!

i will have a letter from my employer to state date im due back at work and i will tell immigration straight away i have visa in progress

advice please
many thanks!!!

Last edited by CAdreaming; Jun 15th 2010 at 9:04 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jun 15th 2010, 9:11 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: holidaying in usa

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
hello all
fiance usc - me ukc

question
I have booked to go to usa on hol in july for a week - is this ok?hope so as ticket cost an arm and a leg!!!

i will have a letter from my employer to state date im due back at work and i will tell immigration straight away i have visa in progress

advice please
many thanks!!!
Yes, you are allowed to visit the USA while your I-129F petition is in progress, and also at any time during the rest of the K-1 process, up until the point of getting the K-1 visa in your passport.

You are wise to bring proof of your need to return home, just in case the POE officer asks.

Of course there is always a chance you might be turned away at the POE, but if you have a good travel history and haven't visited the USA too much recently, you shouldn't have any problem.

Rene
Old Jun 15th 2010, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

thank you (I have had my caffine today so know there is only one of you!)
I did visit the usa 4 times last year but only for approx 10 days at a time and havent been at all this year- last visit was last nov....
Old Jun 15th 2010, 9:31 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

thank you (I have had my caffine today so know there is only one of you!)
I did visit the usa 4 times last year but only for approx 10 days at a time and havent been at all this year- last visit was last nov....
LOL, yes, that's me again...Rene aka Noorah101 (and maybe my pet kitty PK).

Sounds to me like you're pretty safe to visit again. Pray you get a cheerful POE agent.

Rene
Old Jun 16th 2010, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thumbs up Re: holidaying in usa

thank you ---will let you know how it goes- hopefully when i get back fingers crossed
Old Jun 17th 2010, 9:17 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

CAd,

Some important information that you do not mention - what is your visiting history?

When were you last here, and for how long? The time before that?

This can be as important to the decision to grant you entry as the fact that your fiance has filed a petition for you.

Regards, JEff

hello all
fiance usc - me ukc

question

advice please
many thanks!!!
Old Jun 18th 2010, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
CAd,

Some important information that you do not mention - what is your visiting history?

When were you last here, and for how long? The time before that?

This can be as important to the decision to grant you entry as the fact that your fiance has filed a petition for you.

Regards, JEff
hi Jeff
thanks for the reply
I visited the US 4 times last year- jan, march,july and lastly in nov 09. I was there approx 7 to 10 days per visit. Havent been for 7 months.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 12:55 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Havent been for 7 months.
Enjoy your holiday.

Ian
Old Jun 18th 2010, 5:31 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good. A lot of visits in a 1 year period, but all short and a long time since the last. I echo Ian's sentiments.

The reason I asked is that:
1. I failed to read your post at #3 in this thread , and
2. I read a similar thread recently where the initial post simply asked if there'd be any problem visiting with a petition having been submitted. The answer was 'no, shouldn't be, just have your proofs ...'. But as the thread went on it came out that the person had been in and out of the USA continually with none of the 'outs' back to the home country, just visits here and there returning to 'visit' the USA after each visit elsewhere. Whole different answer, the petition having nothing to do with it!

Regards, JEff

hi Jeff
thanks for the reply
I visited the US 4 times last year- jan, march,july and lastly in nov 09. I was there approx 7 to 10 days per visit. Havent been for 7 months.

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Jun 18th 2010 at 5:39 pm.