Reload this Page >

Hey guys im new to this

Hey guys im new to this

Old Feb 3rd 2012, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

EnglishKimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Hey guys im new to this

So..
well i move to usa like 15 months ago. im only 20 and finding out i cant drink over here was a big blow :-( being a student it is kinda hard to make friends because its a huge culture shock compared to england life. i miss english food so much and the sizes of food portions is silly!
Anyways guys love to hear from any british people and if they got any tricks on how to cope in usa! =)
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 3:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hey guys im new to this

I would never advocate doing anything illegal as that is against site rules, but have you ever wondered where your underage colleagues got their fake IDs from?
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

Post Re: Hey guys im new to this

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
I would never advocate doing anything illegal as that is against site rules, but have you ever wondered where your underage colleagues got their fake IDs from?
haha! well fake ids used to be around alot in houston apparently. But in the last couple of years ive been told police have cracked down on fake ids and i live in the city so police seem to be at every bar. Not like england haha!
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 3:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EnglishKimmy
haha! well fake ids used to be around alot in houston apparently. But in the last couple of years ive been told police have cracked down on fake ids and i live in the city so police seem to be at every bar. Not like england haha!
Fair enough, there does seem to be local variations. The impression I got from my brother in law was that you picked up your fake ID along with your books for the first semester.
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Fair enough, there does seem to be local variations. The impression I got from my brother in law was that you picked up your fake ID along with your books for the first semester.
haha okay dokie. Nothing like that on my campus. Well i havent got long to wait like 7 months until i turn 21! haha. Im going to a different state for my party. New orleans!! =).
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 4:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

haha okay dokie. Nothing like that on my campus. Well i havent got long to wait like 7 months until i turn 21! haha. Im going to a different state for my party. New orleans!! =).
Welcome to BE Kimmy.

Haha...I was just going to say that although it's a bit of a bugger...surely you haven't got long to wait until you're 21.
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 4:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Kimmy.
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs down Re: Hey guys im new to this

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Welcome to BE Kimmy.

Haha...I was just going to say that although it's a bit of a bugger...surely you haven't got long to wait until you're 21.
haha! well sadly i do!
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Welcome Kimmy.
Thank you!!!!
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 4:09 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

So..
well i move to usa like 15 months ago. im only 20 and finding out i cant drink over here was a big blow :-( being a student it is kinda hard to make friends because its a huge culture shock compared to england life. i miss english food so much and the sizes of food portions is silly!
Anyways guys love to hear from any british people and if they got any tricks on how to cope in usa! =)
Hi Kimmy! Have you been to Feast on westheimer? Lunch would fit a student budget as its fixed price and you get English food done by English chefs. Clotted cream, black pudding, roast dinners mmmmmmm

I find it best to have a mix of expat friends and US friends. Then you mix and don't get homesick all the time only talking to expats. Have you tried meetup.com? I found a moms club on there but there are loads of different groups. There is a expat coffee morning run by a realtor which has loads of members. I never went, but I think people go to a few and then hook up with friends through it rather than keep going to it.

Last edited by Weeze; Feb 3rd 2012 at 4:12 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 4:12 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weeze
Hi Kimmy! Have you been to Feast on westheimer? Lunch would fit a student budget as its fixed price and you get English food done by English chefs. Clotted cream, black pudding, roast dinners mmmmmmm
OMG I just looked up their website, the menu looks excellent. Pan Fried Beef Tongue with Bubble and Squeak and Mustard Greens... Yum!!
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Weeze
ohhhhhh nooooo thats really close to me! live off of post oak! ive been craving english roast dinner and mash for ever it feels like haha!
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by robin1234
OMG I just looked up their website, the menu looks excellent. Pan Fried Beef Tongue with Bubble and Squeak and Mustard Greens... Yum!!

OH MY GOSH IM GOING!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 6:32 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

One of the chefs was a butcher as well so they make the black pudding and cure the ham themselves. I think they also make their own clotted cream. We are out in Katy, otherwise I think we'd be there for Sunday lunch every week. I had crispy belly pork last time, with scallops st Jacque to start and sticky toffee pudding with clotted cream for pudding. I had pregnant indigestion all night, but it was totally worth it
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Awesome! Looks like il have to go there deffo!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.