Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Help? Problems with Courier

Help? Problems with Courier

Old Apr 27th 2012, 3:35 am
Just Joined

MrsMacIver is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help? Problems with Courier

So, as I have stated in other posts, my husband forgot to bring some W-2s to his interview in London. As a result, he officer at the interview gave my hubby instructions to send the W2s and his passport to the Embassy.

Alas, once my hubby was home again with W-2s in hand, and had contacted the courier specified by the Embassy, he was informed by the courier that they do not service the Western Isles where he is!

My husband was given instructions by the courier regarding how to send the W-2s and his passport to the Embassy via Royal Mail. I was worried about this and made him contact the Embassy to clarify exactly how the papers should be sent. Naturally, it takes a few days to hear back from the Embassy since they insist all contact be done via email. Rather than wait to hear back, he has sent the W-2s and his passport via Royal Mail.

I figure the courier gave him correct instructions, but I am so darn paranoid that something else will go wrong now!!!

Does anyone have any experience with a situation like this? Will the Embassy reject the package because of how it was sent? Did we do this right?

Or am I overreacting and getting all worked up over nothing...again
Old Apr 27th 2012, 3:57 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help? Problems with Courier

The embassy probably won't reject the package being sent Royal Mail, but it might take longer to process since they're receiving it in a different way than they anticipated.

I don't know anything about Royal Mail; hopefully he sent it via a trackable method, to make sure it got there, and that his passport doesn't get lost en route.

Rene
Old Apr 27th 2012, 4:16 am
Just Joined

MrsMacIver is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help? Problems with Courier

hopefully he sent it via a trackable method, to make sure it got there,
He sent it basically as securely as possible, and is able to track it.

I hope it doesn't take too long...I really want him to be here, in the US, for our anniversary (June 1st.)