Help Please!

Old Dec 12th 2006, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

NewEngVic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help Please!

My husband and I have been married for 5 years and have been living in the UK the whole time. We now want to move to America to be near my family but are finding the whole process confusing.

When we looked into it awhile back when we first thought of moving we were told that we didn't have to send the actual passports and instead to could send certified copies made by a solicitor... is this still the case?? We cannot find anything about it on the website.

I really do not want to let go of my passport because the last time I did that the Home Office held onto it for 8 months instead of the 6 weeks it said on the website for it to be processed.

Thank anyone for any help you can give me.
Old Dec 12th 2006, 7:58 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Please!

Why do you need to send your passport to the home office
HMG has nothing to do with this
Old Dec 12th 2006, 8:10 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NewEngVic
My husband and I have been married for 5 years and have been living in the UK the whole time. We now want to move to America to be near my family but are finding the whole process confusing.
Is your husband a UKC? If you, the USC, have unlimited leave to remain in the UK, try filing the I-130 directly at the London consulate. You only need to send photocopies of your passport. You'll show the original at the interview.

Rene
Old Dec 12th 2006, 8:29 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

When we looked into it awhile back when we first thought of moving we were told that we didn't have to send the actual passports and instead to could send certified copies made by a solicitor... is this still the case?? We cannot find anything about it on the website.

I really do not want to let go of my passport because the last time I did that the Home Office held onto it for 8 months instead of the 6 weeks it said on the website for it to be processed.

Thank anyone for any help you can give me.
There's really a lot more to it than just "sending your passports in". I have a strong feeling you have no idea what is in store for you on the journey you have chosen to undertake, but can state that given your current question, you have a lot of studying left to do
Old Dec 12th 2006, 8:53 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

[http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new...iv/immrel.html
Old Dec 12th 2006, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

NewEngVic is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you everyone for replying.

I have been very stupid and posted on the entirely wrong website! I actually want to know about sending copies of passports to deal with British immigration and not the visa to America. Dealing with too many things at once!

Sorry for wasting everyone's time.
Old Dec 12th 2006, 11:59 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I actually want to know about sending copies of passports to deal with British immigration and not the visa to America.
Really? Your first post in this thread specifically said, "We now want to move to America to be near my family..." That seems pretty clear to me! <shrug> Anyway, good luck to you.

Ian
Old Dec 13th 2006, 3:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Really? Your first post in this thread specifically said, "We now want to move to America to be near my family..." That seems pretty clear to me! <shrug> Anyway, good luck to you.

Ian
Piece of piss to move to the UK.

http://www.britainusa.com/