Help our doggy!!!!

Old Jul 28th 2009, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Caymanite is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help our doggy!!!!

We are moving back to the UK hopefuly before the year is out. Our dog is eligable for travel under the PETS scheme on or after January 28th 2010. IIf need be we can take her back to the UK before then but she will spend whatever remaining time between getting back and Jan 28th in quarantine

Can anyone suggest a kennels that offers quarantine in the UK? We will be travelling BA from Cayman to Gatwick so anywhere in London area. Everything I see is at least 30 pounds per day which is going to work out crazy if we want to return before Christmas!

Help!!!!

Joanna
Old Jul 28th 2009, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

newcomer will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Help our doggy!!!!

We used Airpets to arrange board and travel for our dogs to the US and I know they do quarentine although not too sure of the cost. Defra has a list of approved quarentine premises on their website.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

I would also be intrested our dog is having his jab tonight so 19th Feb befoire he can actually be with us in the UK
Old Jul 30th 2009, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

Amandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of light

I'm not sure if this helps, but the quarentine facility can be any in the UK, so you can get one closer to where you will be living. All you have to do is get a transport company that is defra certified.

This may make it a bit cheaper for you?
Old Jul 30th 2009, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Caymanite
We are moving back to the UK hopefuly before the year is out. Our dog is eligable for travel under the PETS scheme on or after January 28th 2010. IIf need be we can take her back to the UK before then but she will spend whatever remaining time between getting back and Jan 28th in quarantine

Can anyone suggest a kennels that offers quarantine in the UK? We will be travelling BA from Cayman to Gatwick so anywhere in London area. Everything I see is at least 30 pounds per day which is going to work out crazy if we want to return before Christmas!

Help!!!!

Joanna
These people are in Chingford and charge only 9.35 GBP a day. The other option is to leave your dog with friends in the Caymans and get them to ship the dog closer to the time and minimise quarantine costs.

http://www.chingfordkennels.co.uk/qu...epricelist.htm
Old Jul 30th 2009, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Caymanite is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the help and advice!!!

This is one well travelled hound, started off life on a garbage dump in the Cayman Islands, rescued and sent to Humane Society, then we adopted her back in 2000, came to UK with us in 2003, spent a few years perfecting her British "woof", travelled back to the Cayman Islands 2007 and now about to return to the UK to live out her remaining doggy years running through the green fields of West Yorkshire (or maybe a slow trot).

Love my pooch
Old Jul 30th 2009, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Caymanite
Thanks for the help and advice!!!

This is one well travelled hound, started off life on a garbage dump in the Cayman Islands, rescued and sent to Humane Society, then we adopted her back in 2000, came to UK with us in 2003, spent a few years perfecting her British "woof", travelled back to the Cayman Islands 2007 and now about to return to the UK to live out her remaining doggy years running through the green fields of West Yorkshire (or maybe a slow trot).

Love my pooch
Well here are some quarantine kennels in Yorkshire:

http://www.yorkshirequarantine.co.uk/
Old Jul 31st 2009, 12:25 am
Just Joined

peg66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Not sure where you live but i have a couple of kennels that will take your dog into quarantine, i think they are about 12 pounds a day ( alot cheaper). www.londonandessex.demon.co.uk and www.parair.co.uk
Hope this helps. If not why not email Defra.