Hello me again!!!

Old Jan 24th 2017, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

Devakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hello me again!!!

Hope you have all been doing well on here since my last visit in September 2016 and getting where you want to be in the process of immigration to America. My husband and I boarded the QM2 and sailed across the Atlantic to New York in September with our two fur babies, Quetzal and Treeky. About two days out I got a bit of sea sickness despite the calmness of the sea. Needless to say I didn't enjoy the crossing like I wanted to and just wanted it to be over and get back on dry earth. The husband, who has MS and in a wheelchair got ill from his disability and was in so much pain he couldn't sleep in the bed so slept in his wheelchair for the duration of the trip........the only good part of the voyage was being able to spend time with the fur babies in the kennels where they got the utmost care and attention. We finally landed in New York on the 7th day, gathered our luggage and dogs, went through immigration at the port, which took about 5 minutes, then outside to our waiting car which my sons had driven to New York to pick us up in. Uneventful drive across America to Utah where we stopped to see my mum and family for the night then onward to Boise Idaho. Husband got really ill with very swollen legs and feet and finally took him to a doctor only to find out he had cellulitis, lymphedema and a very bad infection in his legs. After 20 days on antibiotics he started feeling a bit better, although he still has pain. He has an appointment in 2 weeks for a Neurologist and will wait to see how that goes. Me on the other hand was feeling great, enjoyed Christmas and on the 27th of December got up, made my coffee, came into the office to check emails and of course Facebook and this forum. Got up bent over to pick up a tissue off the floor and it hit me.......I had a heart attack and was in hospital for 3 days!!!! They did an angiogram and did find some small blockages in the small vessels on the left side of my heart which they will try to control with medication and my cholesterol was off the charts as well as my blood pressure. So need less to say I am now on all kinds of pills to keep me well and prevent another one. I must say that I am scared as hell to think that I could die from this so have started to try and take better care of ME for a change, although I find it very hard as I have always been one to take care of everyone else first. I am just glad that the hubby is trying to help himself to take some of the pressure off of me. I almost had another heart attack from stress when I saw the bill!!!!!!!! Dang things sure changed in the 6 years I was gone from here to say the least. I do have my granddaughter and grandson come over to help me sometimes especially to help the hubs get a shower which I can't do right now. Now I am trying to figure out the health insurance for him and I have to apply for Medicare as soon as I can. We are both doing okay for the most part, but getting tired of the snow. I need to get my driving licence back here as it expired while I lived in the UK and will have to take the written and driving part.......more stress but anyway the dogs have adjusted better than we are and enjoy running around the big garden barking and chasing birds..........they even brought me a present of a dead mouse that the terrier killed.......oh wonderful....NOT!!! Okay just wanted to touch base and let you all know we are still alive for the most part and will continue to visit this page often. You all take care and will speak to you all soon I hope..........
Old Jan 24th 2017, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello me again!!!

Oh gosh. Sorry to hear of all the medical issues.

Regards to both of you and hope you both get better soon.