British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Having to go early (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/having-go-early-550241/)

kizbut1 Jul 21st 2008 4:05 am

Having to go early

This weekend has been one of the hardest in my married life. My G'dad has taken a turn for the worst and although we were due to go home on the 6th August, his prognosis is that he wont last that long, so me and the kids are heading home tomorrow on the soonest flight possible.

I just wanted to wish all of you well, it might be a while before I can check in again. See you on the other side eh? ;)

Jo

Nu-Shooz Jul 21st 2008 4:43 am

Re: Having to go early

Originally Posted by kizbut1 (Post 6592964)
This weekend has been one of the hardest in my married life. My G'dad has taken a turn for the worst and although we were due to go home on the 6th August, his prognosis is that he wont last that long, so me and the kids are heading home tomorrow on the soonest flight possible.

I just wanted to wish all of you well, it might be a while before I can check in again. See you on the other side eh? ;)

Jo

Hope you get back in time, such a shame when these things happen.

All the best to you all.;)

Nick11 Jul 21st 2008 5:45 am

Originally Posted by kizbut1 (Post 6592964)

Jo

So sorry to hear mate
Nick
x

quoll Jul 21st 2008 6:22 am

Oh Jo, so sorry to hear that - I hope the trip back goes smoothly and you can get back in time to see him. Take care!

peanut21 Jul 22nd 2008 1:33 am

HI Jo

So sorry to hear about your grandad sweetheart.:sad_smile::sad_smile:

I know this wont help but you are on your way home now and it will all get easier from now on. Have a safe journey.:wub:
:wub:

Nicola

kizbut1 Jul 22nd 2008 9:55 am

Thanks for everyones thoughts, unfortunately he passed away this morning, but he went peacefully, and I would rather be here and he leave like that, than make it home and he be in pain. We're all very sad, but strangely calm, so I think I really must have said my goodbyes last year, when calm was the last thing I was! Well, better get myself on that plane. Good luck everyone
Jo

Originally Posted by peanut21 (Post 6596339)
HI Jo

So sorry to hear about your grandad sweetheart.:sad_smile::sad_smile:

I know this wont help but you are on your way home now and it will all get easier from now on. Have a safe journey.:wub:
:wub:

Nicola

billy0911 Jul 22nd 2008 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by kizbut1 (Post 6597467)
Thanks for everyones thoughts, unfortunately he passed away this morning, but he went peacefully, and I would rather be here and he leave like that, than make it home and he be in pain. We're all very sad, but strangely calm, so I think I really must have said my goodbyes last year, when calm was the last thing I was! Well, better get myself on that plane. Good luck everyone
Jo

Hi Jo

So sorry for your loss, Sadly a few of us here will know how you do feel I lost my Mum while i was in sydney airport on the way Back to see her
yes you are correct it is better for you to be here around loved ones

all the very best for you & your Family Jo

Billy

Nick11 Jul 23rd 2008 7:47 am

Jo

So sorry.
Have a safe journey and say hello to Eastwood for me.
Nick
x

cally49 Jul 23rd 2008 9:01 am

So sorry to hear of your sad news.
Take care now
Cally x

nicola411 Jul 23rd 2008 9:04 pm

Jo

HI Jo

If there is anything I can do for you this end while I am still here please do not hesitate to contact me. I hope you had a good flight and a safe journey.

thinking about you
NIcola

maka paka Jul 24th 2008 7:06 am

Sorry to hear of your very sad news.

Our prayers are with you and your family.