Has This been Done?

Old Oct 14th 2007, 4:05 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has This been Done?

Originally Posted by Elvira
Bumped into him (literally) at the students' union on the first day of the first term of my first year at uni...
You were at the opening day of Oxford Uni?
Old Oct 14th 2007, 4:08 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Thydney
You were at the opening day of Oxford Uni?
Putney Poly
Old Oct 14th 2007, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

We met online in a chat room, neither of us were looking for love (infact for the first few chats we both thought each other was married). Here we are 7 years later, married for 5 years, with 2 kids and still very happy
Old Oct 14th 2007, 5:29 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
We met online in a chat room, neither of us were looking for love (infact for the first few chats we both thought each other was married). Here we are 7 years later, married for 5 years, with 2 kids and still very happy

he he - us too. Yahoo, Books and Literature. I was bitching about American foreign policy. We chatted for two years, been married for one. Who'd a thunk it lol.
Old Oct 14th 2007, 5:38 pm
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

I got IM'd by the woman I would eventually marry, when we both happened to be using AOL. She was looking for people who liked the same music she did , and we just carried on chatting. And that was nearly 10 years ago
Old Oct 15th 2007, 12:13 am
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

I was working behind the bar at the local Royal Legion....we had to use one of those really old tills, were talking real old! (you actually had to add everything up in your head and then put in the total).

Anyway its last orders, some lady gives me a beer mat with a list of drinks she wants, so as I 'm walking around getting the order (I'm adding everything up in my head)...when this guy starts following me around shouting "excuse me"...trying to get my attention...well he kept doing it...so of course I'm trying to add up in my head whilst this bozo is still shouting...needless to say I mess up the order amount and just entered what I thought was right in the till...

I then turn round to the cute guy and say "was that you that's been shouting me for the last 10 mins" he says yes with a hopeful smile on his face...

"well then you can F@*k off" I said

What can I say...It must of been my charm and wit, as we've been married for the past 9 yrs
Old Oct 15th 2007, 12:31 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

I was working for a development organisation in Uganda when Bill & Hillary Clinton toured Africa in 1998 and they visited a US AID/Peace Corps project near where I lived. About a month before the visit loads of White House/secret service people pitched up to prep the site and they drafted in some more peace corps volunteers from elsewhere in the country to liaise with the locals. They were given the choice of staying in a local hotel or being billeted in a house with a couple of British engineers. They chose the latter and one of them happened to be a tall blonde lady from Virginia who took my fancy. Got married in London 18 months later.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 12:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
I was working for a development organisation in Uganda when Bill & Hillary Clinton toured Africa in 1998 and they visited a US AID/Peace Corps project near where I lived. About a month before the visit loads of White House/secret service people pitched up to prep the site and they drafted in some more peace corps volunteers from elsewhere in the country to liaise with the locals. They were given the choice of staying in a local hotel or being billeted in a house with a couple of British engineers. They chose the latter and one of them happened to be a tall blonde lady from Virginia who took my fancy. Got married in London 18 months later.
Well I hate to follow that story - mine isn't nearly as interesting.

Online of course. Purely by chance, not a dating forum or any such. But we hit it off from day 1.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 12:54 am
Militant Ginger

Roland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond repute

I walked into a TGI Fridays in New York and my wife was my waitress. She gave me her number and almost exactly a year later (to the day) we were married.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 12:55 am
Militant Ginger

Roland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roland Hulme
I walked into a TGI Fridays in New York and my wife was my waitress. She gave me her number and almost exactly a year later (to the day) we were married.
I'm not sure if she was joking or not, but she's always told me a (gay) male colleague of hers liked the cut of my jib too and was trying to get my number thinking I was gay. They had a challenge going.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 1:05 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

We met in college. She saw me at a party and wouldn't leave me alone until I agreed to meet her for a coffee. Evidently in her language, "coffee" means "wedding".
Old Oct 15th 2007, 1:08 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure if she was joking or not, but she's always told me a (gay) male colleague of hers liked the cut of my jib too and was trying to get my number thinking I was gay. They had a challenge going.
I'm sure she was just joking. You don't appear gay at all.

Nope, nothing gay about you....
Old Oct 15th 2007, 1:14 am
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

I had a girlfriend at university who I met in a club - she always went out with her gay friend and, as they had similar taste in men she would try first and if she failed then he would try.

Anyway, how I met my wife: I was initially going to be working out of the US for just one year (company transfer) but I got the chance to stay longer so I knew I was going to be around for a few years at least. I had a friend who had married an American so I had one friend around but he had a young kid so wasn't always around for going out drinking. I did make some friends at work and we would go out drinking every Friday night, but I still had loads of free time so I went on the Time Out NY online dating site to meet new people and go to new places. I was having a great time, had some short term things going on, made some new friends (at least, I thought of them as friends but they disappeared as soon as I got engaged - very strange); then in August 2002 I had a string of 8 nights out with 8 different girls and was going to meet one of them again on a Tuesday night but the plans got cancelled that afternoon. I immediately arranged an alternative (someone I'd exchanged a few emails with by that point) and went for dinner straight after work. After that evening I deleted my account on the website and haven't looked back since. She actually met my parents two weeks after we met because they happened to be visiting so I must have known something was different about this one. We moved in together 6 months later and got married 2 years ago.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 1:29 am
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

I was living in London in my 20s. A friend and I decided we wanted to live in Germany (we fancied seeing Europe, and dating good-looking blonde haired blue eyed German or Scandinavian guys). We got promises of jobs, and hopped over on the ferry/train with 2 suitcases each.

A month after arriving, I met a blonde haired blue eyed American. We travelled all over Europe during our 3 years there, and came to the USA with a blonde haired and blue eyed baby girl.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 1:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Who'd of thought I'd meet my Yank in a night club in Northampton gave him my number and asked him to call me Monday lunch time, which he did bang on 12 o clock

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.