Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Halloween Costumes..and teenage girls

Halloween Costumes..and teenage girls

Old Oct 6th 2009, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Halloween Costumes..and teenage girls

So yet again the "fun" has started. My daughter has a terrible time making decisions at the best of times, but put in front of an array of Halloween Costumes and we're sunk!
Add to that the peer pressure and the fact that anything for teens makes them look like mini prossies and we're having a hard time...she's about to turn 13 and I refuse to let her go out dressed like a tart, but don't want her being teased by her friends by making her wear a "silly" costume....any ideas??
Old Oct 6th 2009, 3:56 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Halloween Costumes..and teenage girls

My idea, which the missus wasn't too impressed with for the baby...

50's style house wife, the pinny, hair in a bun, starched collared white shirt and black skirt.

She'd be dressed like a "mummy" amusement being the woddling baby
Old Oct 6th 2009, 4:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter always dresses like a tart
Old Oct 6th 2009, 4:04 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
My idea, which the missus wasn't too impressed with for the baby...

50's style house wife, the pinny, hair in a bun, starched collared white shirt and black skirt.

She'd be dressed like a "mummy" amusement being the woddling baby

can see why your wife wasn't too impressed with your idea though
Old Oct 6th 2009, 4:41 am
member of little note

made of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond repute

Don't let her go out as a tart! please, she's only little ..mum of 4 year old boys, that's only 9 years...
instead make her look cute and sexy, middle ground, think tight skirts to the knee, and a shirt, and mad black hair, or sexy witch, well cut dress but to the floor, and no flesh on show, you at this time can't fight the sexy stuff, but you can do it on your terms, (now I am getting the boys are a pain as children, easier as teenager stuff?)
and here I ramble when i got married I could not find one single bridesmaid dress I like for my cousins of 13, even in the kid stuff it was backless, strapless and bare mid-drifts...for bridesmaids children's stuff?? (10 years ago) anyway eventually found a pattern, and it still had a backless number but it was far better than I had seen.
took it to a dress maker who my aunt recommended and, this woman was 80 and she was not having 13 yr old as tarts, as she put it... she put together a back panel on the dress...and Emma and Amelia on the day look amazing, pretty, make up on, but well...still girls yet..sophisticated?
So do that for your girl, make her feel pretty and grown up, but don't let you own feelings go, no girl of 13-16 showed go out looking older.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

When I was about 15 I went to a Girl Guides Halloween party in a costume my mum and neighbour thought up. I was supposed to look like a homeless person but ended up looking like a hooker! The GG leader was not happy and gave the costume prize to the person who came as a ghost with a white sheet draped over them. I left the Guides not long after that, they didn't think I was Girl Guide material!
Old Oct 6th 2009, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.partycity.com/product/cos...by=bestSellers

A couple from the Party City website that might work. You could accept that it's dress up not a lifestyle choice to deal with the tarty look. Is she going to be in a supervised situation?
Old Oct 6th 2009, 11:31 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisa67
So yet again the "fun" has started. My daughter has a terrible time making decisions at the best of times, but put in front of an array of Halloween Costumes and we're sunk!
Add to that the peer pressure and the fact that anything for teens makes them look like mini prossies and we're having a hard time...she's about to turn 13 and I refuse to let her go out dressed like a tart, but don't want her being teased by her friends by making her wear a "silly" costume....any ideas??

Christ... My daughter is 9. Is this what I have to look forward to?

My son is 11 and says he's too old for Halloween this year which is fine by me, the youth only deer season starts on 31 Oct anyway so we'll be in the woods.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 11:34 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by made of kent
Don't let her go out as a tart! please, she's only little ..mum of 4 year old boys, that's only 9 years...
instead make her look cute and sexy, middle ground, think tight skirts to the knee, and a shirt, and mad black hair, or sexy witch, well cut dress but to the floor, and no flesh on show, you at this time can't fight the sexy stuff, but you can do it on your terms, (now I am getting the boys are a pain as children, easier as teenager stuff?)
and here I ramble when i got married I could not find one single bridesmaid dress I like for my cousins of 13, even in the kid stuff it was backless, strapless and bare mid-drifts...for bridesmaids children's stuff?? (10 years ago) anyway eventually found a pattern, and it still had a backless number but it was far better than I had seen.
took it to a dress maker who my aunt recommended and, this woman was 80 and she was not having 13 yr old as tarts, as she put it... she put together a back panel on the dress...and Emma and Amelia on the day look amazing, pretty, make up on, but well...still girls yet..sophisticated?
So do that for your girl, make her feel pretty and grown up, but don't let you own feelings go, no girl of 13-16 showed go out looking older.

NO!!

No sexy 13yo witch!!!!
Old Oct 6th 2009, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for the advice and the links guys...I've found a cute costume at target, but she has yet to try it on, so
Old Oct 6th 2009, 12:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bevinva

A couple from the Party City website that might work. You could accept that it's dress up not a lifestyle choice to deal with the tarty look. Is she going to be in a supervised situation?

Love the Alice in Wonderland one...cute
Old Oct 6th 2009, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute

Not got a clue what the kids are doing but here's what the dog will be wearing.
Attached Thumbnails Halloween Costumes..and teenage girls-lobster-pic-2.jpg   Halloween Costumes..and teenage girls-lobster-pic-4.jpg  
Old Oct 6th 2009, 1:37 pm
Unmitigated Gall

Originally Posted by Macca67
Not got a clue what the kids are doing but here's what the dog will be wearing.
It looks like he's being molested by an insane lobster.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Old Oct 6th 2009, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Originally Posted by SarahG
Don't be fooled. It's part of an elite training programme. That dog's a trained killer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.