Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

The "Gun Madness" Continues.........

The "Gun Madness" Continues.........

Old Dec 17th 2012, 12:54 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Gun Madness" Continues.........

But if the Nurses and Doctors had been armed, this may not have happened.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 1:41 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
Here's one threat that was averted - Note the number of Guns this Guy had;

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,6120959.story

Jim.
It was said in the heat of the argument and he didn't mean anything by it!! OK, sometimes folk may say something in the heat of the moment that they regret later, but to threaten to go to a school and kill lots of people, that is just so far out of "normal" I'm amazed it is dismissed so easily, especially given his gun count. After all, make the wrong sort of joke going through airport security and you'll be carted off by Homeland Security, arrested, charged and hit all sorts of watch lists. What has happened to this guy making threats against a school he lives 1000 yds away from......?
Old Dec 17th 2012, 1:45 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
But if the Nurses and Doctors had been armed, this may not have happened.
I think we should arm the patients. Every hospital bed should have a built-in holster that can be moved up and down by the push of a button for limited-mobility patients. Of course the kind of gun that gets put in there will depend on how good your health insurance is.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 3:21 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
I think we should arm the patients. Every hospital bed should have a built-in holster that can be moved up and down by the push of a button for limited-mobility patients. Of course the kind of gun that gets put in there will depend on how good your health insurance is.
Maybe claymore mines for patients on the operating table so they can feel safe.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 5:06 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah you mean like the kind you have to use for colonoscopy prep??
Old Dec 17th 2012, 7:30 pm
Banned

JRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by robin1234
Ah you mean like the kind you have to use for colonoscopy prep??
Yuck!
Old Dec 18th 2012, 12:06 am
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
Got to hand it to Piers Morgan;

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2307357.html

Jim.
Our Piers has been getting an awful lot of stick on twitter for his common sense tweets. I have been re-tweeting him, hopefully if everybody plays a part in banning guns it will eventually happen!
Old Dec 18th 2012, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

I would want at the very least a millimetric radar and counter-fire - track the incoming rounds back to the shooter, and then...

And cheerleaders - with bullet proof Pom-poms...
Old Dec 18th 2012, 1:05 am
Banned

JRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by HarryTheSpider
I would want at the very least a millimetric radar and counter-fire - track the incoming rounds back to the shooter, and then...

And cheerleaders - with bullet proof Pom-poms...
Ooh err! Signs of "American Beauty"
Old Dec 18th 2012, 1:15 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
I like him more today than before. Good for him.
This is a strange and uncomfortable feeling, well done Piers, you are a star!
Old Dec 18th 2012, 1:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
This is a strange and uncomfortable feeling, well done Piers, you are a star!
Just watching him now. The guy he's just been interviewing is an absolute idiot...just cannot see why gun laws should be changed.

A guy was on TV early this evening he said that the American public need guns to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
Old Dec 18th 2012, 1:30 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

This incident is a real pivot moment for me personally, I have never understood the cult of the gun fetish, but I feel more militant about it now, more likely to speak up in company, and put myself at risk socially, I have a feeling that it is the same as a nation too, but it is so hard to know if it is wishful thinking or a result of my social milieu.

Any one get any hint that things might change on a national scale? I do not mean overnight, but is there a slight realignment that might over time start to push the ball the other way?
Old Dec 18th 2012, 1:41 am
Occasionally here

sunnysideup is a jewel in the roughsunnysideup is a jewel in the roughsunnysideup is a jewel in the roughsunnysideup is a jewel in the rough

We need a referendum to really see what the nation wants and to get around the propaganda and lobbyists. However, if a referendum shows a majority in favor of keeping the second amendment largely intact, well that will be enough to convince me the nation is beyond salvation and will simply bring forward the inevitable day of my departure. But I am hopeful - IF this can be brought to a referendum I have a sneaking suspicion it will reveal that the silent majority is just that - a majority. Then our representatives might have the balls to ignore the hysterical fascists and make some real changes for the better.
Old Dec 18th 2012, 6:15 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunnysideup
We need a referendum to really see what the nation wants and to get around the propaganda and lobbyists. However, if a referendum shows a majority in favor of keeping the second amendment largely intact, well that will be enough to convince me the nation is beyond salvation and will simply bring forward the inevitable day of my departure. But I am hopeful - IF this can be brought to a referendum I have a sneaking suspicion it will reveal that the silent majority is just that - a majority. Then our representatives might have the balls to ignore the hysterical fascists and make some real changes for the better.
Hysterical fascists? The only hysteria I see is coming from those engaged in an orgy of hand-wringing, wailing and lamentation. Piers Morgan is a ****ing idiot. I'll make a deal with you. I'll give up my guns when Bloomberg gives up his heavily armed security detail. Ditto Obama and the Secret Service. And all the myriad police and law enforcement agencies. Deal? You guys start.
Old Dec 18th 2012, 8:12 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Hysterical fascists? The only hysteria I see is coming from those engaged in an orgy of hand-wringing, wailing and lamentation. Piers Morgan is a ****ing idiot. I'll make a deal with you. I'll give up my guns when Bloomberg gives up his heavily armed security detail. Ditto Obama and the Secret Service. And all the myriad police and law enforcement agencies. Deal? You guys start.

Well-spotted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.