Grocery Shopping!!!

Old Jan 8th 2008, 12:11 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: Grocery Shopping!!!

Originally Posted by Redlippie
Pervert.
Thats the second time today you've called me that are you looking for a fight?
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:17 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Dirty cow.
I was 16 and easily stunned. A year later and those two dollars would have bought more than help out to the car!
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:21 am

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
I was 16 and easily stunned. A year later and those two dollars would have bought more than help out to the car!
You mean when you were a more mature man?
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:32 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

You mean when you were a more mature man?
Well, I did get married at 22. I remember thinking "I'm 22, it's time to settle down..." I packed a lot of living into the 5 years between 15 and 20 though.

Err, not to say the years since haven't been wonderful!
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:38 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Well, I did get married at 22. I remember thinking "I'm 22, it's time to settle down..." I packed a lot of living into the 5 years between 15 and 20 though.

Another poor bastard that has his posts scrutinised by the other half at the end of the posting day.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:50 am
Unmitigated Gall

Originally Posted by Rushman
Another poor bastard that has his posts scrutinised by the other half at the end of the posting day.
She never looks at BE, it was just pure reflex...
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:52 am
Account Closed

She never looks at BE, it was just pure reflex...
Ahh....a bit like making sure youve ended the last cell phone call to her properly before continuing to chat up the big titted blonde at work? Im with ya brother.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 3:17 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mayhemuk
Does anyone tip the bagger? Is this not similar to service in a restaurant? I've not seen or heard of baggers being tipped.
I know supermarkets in the UK are very profitable but that comes from high volumes on tight margins and low costs by appearing to provide staff but not actually doing it. (See campaigns to open checkouts if people are queueing etc etc)
Are supermarkets here performing similarly?
At a local medium-sized market in my area, you do tip the bagger. This is how it works: You go through the line and the bagger puts your bags on a trolley. They put a plastic number card on the trolley and give you one with the same number. You pay, go to your car, and pull up to a covered "carport" area. The boy (or girl in my daughter's case) opens your door, you hand him/her your number card, and they fetch your groceries and put them in your back seat or trunk. They usually get tipped. If I do not have singles on me I take them to the car myself. It is great when it is raining, snowing, or freezing cold out. They charge a little more for products but carry quite a bit of specialty items that I like. Many older folks go there just for this service.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 3:26 am

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

ABY, have I told you lately that I think you're hilarious?
Old Jan 8th 2008, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

tysbev4ever is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Grocery Shopping!!!

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
I have to agree with you here Cindy. But what tickrf me off a bit more is that I knew some of the baggers were screwing around somewhere and not doing their job (since I had been a bagger before a cashier). I always felt bad when a customer would help bag their groceries but I also appreciated the help.

We use canvas bags now too. I had one old fart of a bagger get belligerant with me about using them. He said "why would anyone want to use these things". He seemed to be on the verge of refusing to bag anything in them when I told him if he didn't like it, I could do it for him. He shut up then.
I too was a cashier when i lived in the UK and we were supposed to ask the customer if they wanted help to pack, as some didnt but i know 8 times out of ten they would say yes but there was never a packer free or around to help so you looked stupid so you would scan and pack as you went which seemed to windup the next custmer up as it took longer to serve the present customer and they wud tut and deep sigh..so now i live here i automatically start packing my shopping as thats how it was in the UK but like people have said you get looks like you have commited a crime, my US hubby even said to me you dont have to do that hun,,they have people to do that for you, which is fine but old habits die hard and i still feel the cashiers fustration as the items mount up waiting to be packed and i have 2 hands able to do it
Old Jan 8th 2008, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

drew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to all

lol My husband ALWAYS does the bagging whenever we go shopping, most of the time people just say thank you. The groceries are better packed when he does it 98% of the time anyway.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 12:32 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

The chain I worked for did not allow us to accept tips. It was very seldom they were offered anyway, usually only after helping someone (Milf) to their car and then as I said, it was a rare occurance. I only remember accepting a tip once. It was after I had refused twice already, the woman (Milf) winked and stuck a couple bucks in my pocket (my PANTS pocket). My god, women have no idea what that kind of thing does to the 16 year old male mind.

Anyway, here's a pretty obvious tip, but if you want certain things bagged together, make sure they go down the conveyor together, it really helps the bagger out. Unload all the meat in a group, all the frozen stuff in a group etc...
We do that, and we shop at the store I casfew years ago, but it ticks me off to have them pack detergent in with meat or something equally ill matched. I had to watch a dvd on bagging when I trained as a cashier and they do show you how to do it correctly.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 3:49 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by drew&venna
lol My husband ALWAYS does the bagging whenever we go shopping, most of the time people just say thank you. The groceries are better packed when he does it 98% of the time anyway.
Another poor henpecked bugger ...
Old Jan 9th 2008, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

drew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to alldrew&venna is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ray
Another poor henpecked bugger ...

that reminds me, your sig is
Old Jan 9th 2008, 4:58 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by drew&venna
that reminds me, your sig is
But I always sit outside the supermarket

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.