Grocery Shopping!!!

Old Jan 7th 2008, 7:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grocery Shopping!!!

I'm not fast enough - I can't keep up with the cashier.

When I'm doing it, I have them half bagged - then have to stop and pay, then try to do the rest and I hold up the line.

So if the bagger is there - I'd leave them to it - most effecient way imo.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 7:29 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ugacrew
Just remember everyone. You are PAYING for this service in the markup on your grocery. Get your money's worth when going. If you think of it this way then there's no shame in letting someone who is paid to do that for you. Let him earn his keep and help keep them employed. After all he needs that money to take out his girlfriend with on a date or to go to school. Just a thought.
This is also another reason why I don't use the self-check out lines if I have enough time to use a line with a checkout clerk. I want to justify their necessity.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

mayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of light

Does anyone tip the bagger? Is this not similar to service in a restaurant? I've not seen or heard of baggers being tipped.
I know supermarkets in the UK are very profitable but that comes from high volumes on tight margins and low costs by appearing to provide staff but not actually doing it. (See campaigns to open checkouts if people are queueing etc etc)
Are supermarkets here performing similarly?
Old Jan 7th 2008, 8:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mayhemuk
Does anyone tip the bagger? Is this not similar to service in a restaurant? I've not seen or heard of baggers being tipped.
I know supermarkets in the UK are very profitable but that comes from high volumes on tight margins and low costs by appearing to provide staff but not actually doing it. (See campaigns to open checkouts if people are queueing etc etc)
No, we don't tip the baggers here. They are paid a regular wage.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 11:24 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mayhemuk
The chain I worked for did not allow us to accept tips. It was very seldom they were offered anyway, usually only after helping someone (Milf) to their car and then as I said, it was a rare occurance. I only remember accepting a tip once. It was after I had refused twice already, the woman (Milf) winked and stuck a couple bucks in my pocket (my PANTS pocket). My god, women have no idea what that kind of thing does to the 16 year old male mind.

Anyway, here's a pretty obvious tip, but if you want certain things bagged together, make sure they go down the conveyor together, it really helps the bagger out. Unload all the meat in a group, all the frozen stuff in a group etc...
Old Jan 7th 2008, 11:26 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dan725
Haha, I can see that

Its funny, Publix Goon generally just says "Plastic OK?" I've always wondered what they would do if I said "No, it's not!" - There often doesn't seem to see any of the brown paper bags kicking around.
I often use paper bags - they always have them, but then the one I go to is a posh one full of wrinklie ex hippies......
Old Jan 7th 2008, 11:28 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
The chain I worked for did not allow us to accept tips. It was very seldom they were offered anyway, usually only after helping someone (Milf) to their car and then as I said, it was a rare occurance. I only remember accepting a tip once. It was after I had refused twice already, the woman (Milf) winked and stuck a couple bucks in my pocket (my PANTS pocket). My god, women have no idea what that kind of thing does to the 16 year old male mind.

Anyway, here's a pretty obvious tip, but if you want certain things bagged together, make sure they go down the conveyor together, it really helps the bagger out. Unload all the meat in a group, all the frozen stuff in a group etc...
Dirty cow.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 11:30 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Redlippie
Dirty cow.
Lucky sod.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan725
Haha, I can see that

Its funny, Publix Goon generally just says "Plastic OK?" I've always wondered what they would do if I said "No, it's not!" - There often doesn't seem to see any of the brown paper bags kicking around.
Doesn't happen in San Francisco.

Paper or plastic? Not anymore in San Francisco.

The city's Board of Supervisors approved groundbreaking legislation Tuesday to outlaw plastic checkout bags at large supermarkets in about six months and large chain pharmacies in about a year.

Mirkarimi's legislation is one in a string of environmentally sensitive measures -- such as outlawing Styrofoam food containers and encouraging clean-fuel construction vehicles at city job sites -- adopted by the city in recent months
Old Jan 7th 2008, 11:44 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank

You know this sounds like a submission to Penthouse...

Dear Penthouse,

You wouldn't believe what happened to me today....

Old Jan 7th 2008, 11:47 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

You know this sounds like a submission to Penthouse...

Dear Penthouse,

You wouldn't believe what happened to me today....

How do you know what those letters sound like? Hmmmm?
Old Jan 7th 2008, 11:48 pm
Riding on silver wings

Originally Posted by surly
Doesn't happen in San Francisco.

Paper or plastic? Not anymore in San Francisco.

The city's Board of Supervisors approved groundbreaking legislation Tuesday to outlaw plastic checkout bags at large supermarkets in about six months and large chain pharmacies in about a year.
That's interesting seeing as the carbon footprint produced for shipping paper over plastic is much bigger. Just imagine the cargo space needed for 100 paper bags v. 100 plastic ones.

I'll have to do some research on my own to figure out what's a better disposable alternative.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 11:50 pm
Riding on silver wings

Originally Posted by Rushman
How do you know what those letters sound like? Hmmmm?
I'm not a naive little girl Rushman. Funny that you know about them too.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 12:04 am
Account Closed

I'm not a naive little girl Rushman. Funny that you know about them too.
Know about them?? I write most of them.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by Rushman
Know about them?? I write most of them.
Pervert.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.