Great News!!!

Old Jan 20th 2008, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

simongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Great News!!!

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
Hi all. First of all we have borrowed an old PC from the FIL's office so the Sods are back for the time being.

For those who have been following this saga the good news is as follows.
You may remember me saying that the husband of a friend has offered me a job on my return? Okay. The really good news is that we spoke the other day on the phone and, out of the blue, my friend said we could all stay with them until we get our own place. They have a big four bed house in leafy Sale. They have a seperate lounge that she inists upon us making our own while we are there so that we can have our own space.

Well, of course, all of this means that......drum roll.............we can all fly out together as a family!!! Yaaay!!! There will be no need for us to be apart from months. I have a job, a place for us to stay so all of our ducks are almost in a row. All we have to do now is navigate the minefield that is the visa apps. Oh weell. Thats the news. be back to post the usual load of old shite you are all more used to hearing.

I'm from Sale, Cheshire. Let me know if I can be of any help.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

simongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freezerman
Great news and please say Hello to Washway Road from me. I passed my motor bike test there a lot of years ago.
FM
I lived on Washway road too! I lived on Gleblands road (near where the the Marks and Spencers is now), but now my family lives near Sale station. There is a restaurant called Valencia near Sale station. Great Spanish food.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 8:48 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys. Of course I will keep ya'll posted. We are aiming for the end of feb to be gone but, realistically, it may be more like the end of March. We really want to try and be gone before the summer season starts and the flights get more expensive.

It is the best news ever though, that we wont have to be apart from a couple of months while I go house hunting alone. Now we just have to face the bleedin insane 17 page spousal visa form. Like all goverment forms it is as clear as mud.

oh well, needs must and all that. Please forgive any typos by the way, for the next few days until I get used to this new keyboard (that has seen better days lol)
Are you talking about Molly's visa, I remember the form being fairly simple.. It's actually nothing compared to the hassle of applying for a US visa..

Good luck with your move!!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all. First of all we have borrowed an old PC from the FIL's office so the Sods are back for the time being.

You may remember me saying that the husband of a friend has offered me a job on my return? Okay. The really good news is that we spoke the other day on the phone and, out of the blue, my friend said we could all stay with them until we get our own place. They have a big four bed house in leafy Sale. They have a seperate lounge that she inists upon us making our own while we are there so that we can have our own space.

Well, of course, all of this means that......drum roll.............we can all fly out together as a family!!! Yaaay!!! There will be no need for us to be apart from months. I have a job, a place for us to stay so all of our ducks are almost in a row. All we have to do now is navigate the minefield that is the visa apps. Oh weell. Thats the news. be back to post the usual load of old shite you are all more used to hearing.

Great news...shame for the Sale householders...with you living there house prices will plummet!!!

All the best.....to you all.......good luck
it is suppose to be an excellent summer weather wise this year......
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 3:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

It's the first time I've seen this SS. Just want to say...well you know what I want to say so I'll leave it at that.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 3:40 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
It's the first time I've seen this SS. Just want to say...well you know what I want to say so I'll leave it at that.
Jeez. Just read in the MEN about an expected property slump in Sale
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
Jeez. Just read in the MEN about an expected property slump in Sale
Have they heard Silly Sod is coming back over the pond?!!!!!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 5:48 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

FANTASTIC NEWS SS I bet Molly and your stepdaughter are over the moon too. Even more good news is, Molly can make sure you get to the dentist......
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 1:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

That's terrific Silly Sod - I'm so glad you won't be separated.

But us yanks will miss you...

And right... get thee to the DENTIST!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 2:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Great news SS! What lovely friends you have!
Good luck with the form filling!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 10:48 am
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all and apols for letting this thread get away from me. As you know the lap top buggered up and we are now using a borrowed desktop from the FIL's office.

Just want to say thanks to all of my friends here for the kind comments and thanks to those I don't particularly know also. Latest new is, and this is quite uncanny, that the guy who has offered me the job and whose home we will be staying at initially - his company is building houses in bacup, lancs, which is where we were thinking we would try to live. We thought it might be a pain though, moving from Sale to Salford, and then trying to find a place in rossendale. Not to mention the worry of moving Step Sod from area to area and school to school when she will already have so much to get used to. Now it appears I will be working up there so it seems to be falling weirdly into place. We shall (fingers crossed) go from Sale (so don't panic sell your homes just yet ha ha) straight to Rossendale.

For those who don't know the area, it is very nice northern countryside, lots of wild moorland and stone workers cottages. A stones throw from Hebden Bridge and Hardcastle Crags and the lovely village of Heptonstall, final resting place of Sylvia Plath (I sound like a bleedin tour guide lol). The rents are very cheap (2, 3, and even 4 bed houses for under 400 a month) and I have many friends there. It is also only thirty mins from Manchester so home and family are still close by.

Well, thats all the latest so far in one rambling and bracket filled post. Forgive me and thanks again for being a jolly wonderful bunch all round!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 10:52 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

. Latest new is, and this is quite uncanny, that the guy who has offered me the job and whose home we will be staying at initially - his company is building houses in bacup, lancs, which is where we were thinking we would try to live. We thought it might be a pain though, moving from Sale to Salford, and then trying to find a place in rossendale. Not to mention the worry of moving Step Sod from area to area and school to school when she will already have so much to get used to. Now it appears I will be working up there so it seems to be falling weirdly into place. We shall (fingers crossed) go from Sale (so don't panic sell your homes just yet ha ha) straight to Rossendale.

:
That's fate for you. Obviously it's meant to be
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Silly Sod,
All the best in your move home. Sounds like everything is working out wonderfully
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi all and apols for letting this thread get away from me. As you know the lap top buggered up and we are now using a borrowed desktop from the FIL's office.

Just want to say thanks to all of my friends here for the kind comments and thanks to those I don't particularly know also. Latest new is, and this is quite uncanny, that the guy who has offered me the job and whose home we will be staying at initially - his company is building houses in bacup, lancs, which is where we were thinking we would try to live. We thought it might be a pain though, moving from Sale to Salford, and then trying to find a place in rossendale. Not to mention the worry of moving Step Sod from area to area and school to school when she will already have so much to get used to. Now it appears I will be working up there so it seems to be falling weirdly into place. We shall (fingers crossed) go from Sale (so don't panic sell your homes just yet ha ha) straight to Rossendale.

For those who don't know the area, it is very nice northern countryside, lots of wild moorland and stone workers cottages. A stones throw from Hebden Bridge and Hardcastle Crags and the lovely village of Heptonstall, final resting place of Sylvia Plath (I sound like a bleedin tour guide lol). The rents are very cheap (2, 3, and even 4 bed houses for under 400 a month) and I have many friends there. It is also only thirty mins from Manchester so home and family are still close by.

Well, thats all the latest so far in one rambling and bracket filled post. Forgive me and thanks again for being a jolly wonderful bunch all round!
Even Better news.....and there is no place on Earth (thats just my opinion) as pretty as the Northern Countryside of Manchester...that said be a South East Mancunian...it's the heat.....sizzles the brain after a while!!!...Well done and all the best.....it was meant to be!!!
Jackie
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 2:09 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

We shall (fingers crossed) go from Sale (so don't panic sell your homes just yet ha ha) straight to Rossendale.

Sounds lovely. Do they have a National Health Dentist there?