Got a job

Old Sep 16th 2008, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

TaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond reputeTaraC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got a job

Originally Posted by Dave_Was
Look at it this way Tara, if your making me think of home, you must be getting things in order to make me feel envious!!

Really Camberely if as I remember it's a really nice place. Far too expensive for me then, but maybe if you can time it right with the house prices..

With the wife and I, we're not sure on the situation yet. We do know we'll be back in England at some point but it's all about the timing. I've been in my current job for all the time I've been in the US and though the works not great, I live close to home and it's fairly secure. Moving to the UK would take away that security, so we want to time it right.

I've just found out that the company I work for has a group in the UK that works in the same field that I'm in and so I'm trying to find out more about them, what they do and what the future holds for them. That would be the nicest way of going back.

We're almost living April to April at the moment and have decided that each April we'll think whether we should go back that year or not, and if not put the thoughts out of our heads till the following year. That's what the head says, the heart says get on the plane tomorrow and don't look back. It's more of a pull for me as my wife hasn't lived in England, though has family there, but she's a darling and said that she'll do whatever makes me happy.

We've just got our GC and leaving would mean giving them up and with all the struggles we had to get them, that would be hard to do. However, waiting the five years till we got citizenship, seems like a lifetime away.

Don't want to hijack this thread, so will get back to the original topic.

Camberely and the surrounding areas, used to have wonderful little paths and country lanes, but also big stores and shopping centers around. Some of the roads were a little tight, but aren't they all in the UK?

Good luck and keep us updated!
I'm wishing you luck for your plans. It took me over 20 years to get back, so I understand what you're going through. It's hard to think of giving up the security for something unknown. Coming over with your current company would be brilliant.

Re. the rental front, a friend suggested I also look at Winchester, so I've got some places to see there as well. It is pretty. More of a commute, but nothing like the four hours a day I used to do from Orange County to los Angeles every day. Figure I'm pretty immune to commuting horrors now.

I'll let you know how it goes, and I'll definitely be thinking of you!
Old Sep 16th 2008, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got a job

Originally Posted by TaraC
I'm wishing you luck for your plans. It took me over 20 years to get back, so I understand what you're going through. It's hard to think of giving up the security for something unknown. Coming over with your current company would be brilliant.

Re. the rental front, a friend suggested I also look at Winchester, so I've got some places to see there as well. It is pretty. More of a commute, but nothing like the four hours a day I used to do from Orange County to los Angeles every day. Figure I'm pretty immune to commuting horrors now.

I'll let you know how it goes, and I'll definitely be thinking of you!
Four hours! I hope I don't get spoiled by 15 minutes from my desk to couch.

Good luck and when you become a top level manager, 'gis a job'.