Got the job

Old Feb 16th 2007, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Got the job

I can't believe it! The only job I applied for as I have wanted to do it for a few years now (Estate Agency). I never went for it in Australia cos guess what, you needed qualifications first.

Well I start next week. Work every Sat - yipee hubby gets the brats for a day. I could even get flexi hours during school time if needed.

How easy has other people found getting work in the UK compared to Australia?
Old Feb 16th 2007, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

Prettypegagirl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Got the job

Originally Posted by woodyinoz
I can't believe it! The only job I applied for as I have wanted to do it for a few years now (Estate Agency). I never went for it in Australia cos guess what, you needed qualifications first.

Well I start next week. Work every Sat - yipee hubby gets the brats for a day. I could even get flexi hours during school time if needed.

That's great Congrats!
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done and good on you.Sometimes things are just ment to be don't you think.
So glad to hear its working out for you.
We go back in 5 weeks .Its all happening a bit fast and I am very nervous about the whole thing.Managed to get my son back into his old school so one less thing to worry about.
Reading your posts makes me feel so much better.Deep down I know I am doing the right thing by going back I have never really settled here but Australia has has`a funny way of getting under your skin and I am sure it is not going to be easy .I know what I am going back to and that also scares me but on the positive side we have a lot more opportunity and it there waiting for us to go grab it.
Roughly what part of the UK are you in and did you go back to where you were before?
What were your first impressions.?
on my way home :)

leeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud ofleeds lass has much to be proud of

Just wanted to say congratulations and I hope the jobs everything you want it to be.

Not back in the UK yet but when I was there I found it really easy to get a job unlike in New Zealand where it took me over 6 months and 100's of applications to get a job.

Loved my job in the UK hate my job here, I hope I get that enthusiasm back when I eventually get back, seem to have lost it along the way here

I also had the opportunity to work around dropping kids at school etc in the UK, no chance of that here.

Well done and good luck
Old Feb 16th 2007, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

fishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations!
Old Feb 16th 2007, 9:23 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

That's brilliant - good for you. So there are no qualifications for being a real estate agent in the U.K.? Will they give you on the job training? I've always fancied my brother would be a good estate agent, he's into collecting spec sheets and knowing the market. It seems to me that estate agents here do such a half-assed job that with an ounce of gumption you could be very successful.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 10:45 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

That's fantastic news woody, so pleased for you.

It's all karma isn't it? It's meant to be.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 1:29 am
FPM
Banned

Location: knuckle dragging, cultureless, boring, dingo oblivion
FPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond repute

yipee hubby gets the brats for a day.
Surely you mean wonderful cherubs miraculously delivered from above to enrich your life with love, don't you?
Old Feb 18th 2007, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Tried to swap them for some of those in Thailand but nobody wanted them

Thanks for the congrats. There is no formal training to start with you just need to be a heartless Bugger and be good at bending the truth

Putting an offer on a house tomorrow.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 11:23 pm
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

brilliant news, well chuffed for you, its obviously meant to be

well donexx
Old Feb 18th 2007, 11:34 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Tried to swap them for some of those in Thailand but nobody wanted them

Thanks for the congrats. There is no formal training to start with you just need to be a heartless Bugger and be good at bending the truth

Putting an offer on a house tomorrow.
Is it through your new office? Do you get a staff discount?

Lots of luck in your new role. Sounds like everything's falling into place for you.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 6:45 pm
STRIKE HARD STRIKE SURE

Whitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to behold

Well done!
Old Feb 25th 2007, 9:52 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations.
Childcare/realestate - did I miss the connection LOL !!!
Best of luck with the new job. How are you finding the U.K now you are home?
J x
Old Feb 27th 2007, 12:59 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and well done!! I'm absolutely thrilled for you - what a result hey after just a few weeks here. Hope it goes well
Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by LouiseD
Congratulations and well done!! I'm absolutely thrilled for you - what a result hey after just a few weeks here. Hope it goes well
Thanks all

Had a fantastic day, people have such good humour. I have just found out that the school offers after school care to so extra days can easily happen...

I have now been back a month and still everyday is great, well almost. I did have a miss OZ hour the other morning but it soon went. I will update more soon when I have more than 5 mins. This house hunting is the only demoralizing thing at the moment! and the waiting for the pay packet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.