British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Got the job (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/got-job-427287/)

woodyinoz Feb 16th 2007 8:09 pm

Got the job

I can't believe it! The only job I applied for as I have wanted to do it for a few years now (Estate Agency). I never went for it in Australia cos guess what, you needed qualifications first.

Well I start next week. Work every Sat - yipee hubby gets the brats for a day. I could even get flexi hours during school time if needed.

How easy has other people found getting work in the UK compared to Australia?

Prettypegagirl Feb 16th 2007 8:19 pm

Re: Got the job

Originally Posted by woodyinoz (Post 4413313)
I can't believe it! The only job I applied for as I have wanted to do it for a few years now (Estate Agency). I never went for it in Australia cos guess what, you needed qualifications first.

Well I start next week. Work every Sat - yipee hubby gets the brats for a day. I could even get flexi hours during school time if needed.

That's great Congrats!

Dreamaway 10 Feb 16th 2007 8:19 pm

Well done and good on you.Sometimes things are just ment to be don't you think.
So glad to hear its working out for you.
We go back in 5 weeks .Its all happening a bit fast and I am very nervous about the whole thing.Managed to get my son back into his old school so one less thing to worry about.
Reading your posts makes me feel so much better.Deep down I know I am doing the right thing by going back I have never really settled here but Australia has has`a funny way of getting under your skin and I am sure it is not going to be easy .I know what I am going back to and that also scares me but on the positive side we have a lot more opportunity and it there waiting for us to go grab it.
Roughly what part of the UK are you in and did you go back to where you were before?
What were your first impressions.?

leeds lass Feb 16th 2007 8:19 pm

Just wanted to say congratulations and I hope the jobs everything you want it to be.

Not back in the UK yet but when I was there I found it really easy to get a job unlike in New Zealand where it took me over 6 months and 100's of applications to get a job.

Loved my job in the UK hate my job here, I hope I get that enthusiasm back when I eventually get back, seem to have lost it along the way here :)

I also had the opportunity to work around dropping kids at school etc in the UK, no chance of that here.

Well done and good luck

fishfinger Feb 16th 2007 9:23 pm

Congratulations! :thumbup: :)

dunroving Feb 16th 2007 9:23 pm

That's brilliant - good for you. So there are no qualifications for being a real estate agent in the U.K.? Will they give you on the job training? I've always fancied my brother would be a good estate agent, he's into collecting spec sheets and knowing the market. It seems to me that estate agents here do such a half-assed job that with an ounce of gumption you could be very successful.

TraceyW Feb 16th 2007 10:45 pm

That's fantastic news woody, so pleased for you.:D

It's all karma isn't it? It's meant to be.:thumbup:

FPM Feb 17th 2007 1:29 am

yipee hubby gets the brats for a day.
Surely you mean wonderful cherubs miraculously delivered from above to enrich your life with love, don't you? :rofl:

woodyinoz Feb 18th 2007 8:53 pm

Tried to swap them for some of those in Thailand but nobody wanted them;)

Thanks for the congrats. There is no formal training to start with you just need to be a heartless Bugger and be good at bending the truth:rofl:

Putting an offer on a house tomorrow. :ohmy:

mandtooz Feb 18th 2007 11:23 pm

brilliant news, well chuffed for you, its obviously meant to be:)

well donexx

Geordie George Feb 18th 2007 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by woodyinoz (Post 4419616)
Tried to swap them for some of those in Thailand but nobody wanted them;)

Thanks for the congrats. There is no formal training to start with you just need to be a heartless Bugger and be good at bending the truth:rofl:

Putting an offer on a house tomorrow. :ohmy:

Is it through your new office? Do you get a staff discount? ;)

Lots of luck in your new role. Sounds like everything's falling into place for you.

Whitby whaler Feb 19th 2007 6:45 pm

Well done!

Jaycee1 Feb 25th 2007 9:52 pm

Congratulations.
Childcare/realestate - did I miss the connection :blink: LOL !!!
Best of luck with the new job. How are you finding the U.K now you are home?
J x

LouiseD Feb 27th 2007 12:59 pm

Congratulations and well done!! I'm absolutely thrilled for you - what a result hey after just a few weeks here. Hope it goes well :)

woodyinoz Mar 1st 2007 9:15 am

Originally Posted by LouiseD (Post 4460481)
Congratulations and well done!! I'm absolutely thrilled for you - what a result hey after just a few weeks here. Hope it goes well :)

Thanks all

Had a fantastic day, people have such good humour. I have just found out that the school offers after school care to so extra days can easily happen...

I have now been back a month and still everyday is great, well almost. I did have a miss OZ hour the other morning but it soon went. I will update more soon when I have more than 5 mins. This house hunting is the only demoralizing thing at the moment! and the waiting for the pay packet:ohmy: