Got a buyer

Old Sep 28th 2006, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Got a buyer

I can't believe it as it is happening too fast. After a week on the market we have a potential buyer putting in the amount that we wanted. I thought that I would be ecstatic but I am still so full of doubts.

We are going away tomorrow for a few days rock climbing and canoing.

Who else worries every day if they are making / made the right decision??
Old Sep 28th 2006, 6:37 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Got a buyer

Originally Posted by woodyinoz
I can't believe it as it is happening too fast. After a week on the market we have a potential buyer putting in the amount that we wanted. I thought that I would be ecstatic but I am still so full of doubts.

ME..i worry everyday!
Are you moving back to the UK and why??
Once you get back there you might want to come back to OZ.
Thats why i am going on holiday next year to the UK first just to help make up my mind!!
Old Sep 28th 2006, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulrachel
ME..i worry everyday!
Are you moving back to the UK and why??
Once you get back there you might want to come back to OZ.
Thats why i am going on holiday next year to the UK first just to help make up my mind!!
We can't afford that much needed trip home first. I wish that we could have a least a yearly trip back then things here would be perfect.

I miss my family this being the main reason for return. I also miss having holidays and a feeling of belonging. I get fed up of being treated as a pom. I know most of this is due to living in rural Vic. I do love so much of where I live though.

I hope that we are making the right move.

What is it that you worry about?

Last edited by woodyinoz; Sep 28th 2006 at 9:53 am.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 10:20 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

We can't afford that much needed trip home first. I wish that we could have a least a yearly trip back then things here would be perfect.

I miss my family this being the main reason for return. I also miss having holidays and a feeling of belonging. I get fed up of being treated as a pom. I know most of this is due to living in rural Vic. I do love so much of where I live though.

I hope that we are making the right move.

What is it that you worry about?
i worry about the kids feelings in all this...there schooling and how it is messing up their education.
They have gone back a year in OZ...and if we return to UK they will drop a few years again. They are freaked out by this. So do we stay here and let them finish school or go back?
The kids hate it here, much prefer UK...me too, but we are trying to fit in but Hubby struggles with low wage etc.
So for us we struggle and worry everyday, not knowing what to do for the best really. Our expectations of Perth are not met so this is hard to cope with too.
We have enough money saved to return to UK to try and decide where we are better off. Yes it is about the money and social life for us, not the sea, sun and sand!
All the best to you anyway
Old Sep 28th 2006, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

rightmove is a jewel in the roughrightmove is a jewel in the roughrightmove is a jewel in the roughrightmove is a jewel in the rough

We,ve just sold our house and are going to book the container tomorrow.I cried when we signed the contract despite the fact that I,ve been ready to go home for the past 4 years.. It,s been a bit of an emotional roller coaster,some happy memories, some not. We,ve brought our son up in this house and it's been a refuge but we,re convinced that going home is right for us.I,m sure we'll miss the space we,ve had, the pool and the weather but there is no way we could grow old here and have become bored with the lifestyle.I,m sure it's only natural to have some doubts, it's such a huge move to make. You're not alone !
Old Sep 28th 2006, 10:54 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Same happened to us sold in a week at the asking price. That was what made our decision quick. But no regrets love living in my 3 bed semi with tiny garden much easier to maintain than the 1/4 acre we had in Oz leaving us with plenty of time to enjoy and do what we want with our spare time (mainly catching up with friends and family).

Jo
Old Sep 28th 2006, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

for me making my mind up was the hardest bit. Once that was over I havent had any second thoughts. I spoke to a British guy the other day who has lived here 10 years and him and I had exactly the same feelings about being here except he had stuck it out for another 6 years. He plans to return to the UK in 2 years time. In the meantime he lives day to day and doesnt make any long term plans, which frustrates him. I dont want to be like that. I have always loved living in the UK so I didnt leave for any other reason than an adventure, now thats over I'm going back home
Old Sep 28th 2006, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Always21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond repute

Woody, it's perfectly natural to feel sad about selling the house. We also had a buyer within a week and I felt exactly the same way. I really cried the day we left, too. It was a nice house, despite the problems, and it was the first home for both of our boys. However, your memories stay with you in your head; they're not tied up in the house. Since being back in the UK I haven't shed a single tear about what we left behind. I feel perfectly comfortable and right at home. Of course there will be problems - we've had some already - but if you remember why you've come back and make sure you do all the things you dreamed about doing I'm sure you'll be fine.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 6:58 pm
Bendy Bully

Eric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond reputeEric Hitchmo has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Got a buyer

Best of luck with the sale. Don't worry about moving back. I think people know deep down where they belong. I moved back and have no regrets at all. I'm glad I did the whole Aussie thing as it just makes me appreciate what I have here even more, and wild horses wouldn't drag me back there. I lived in Sydney and you can only do the beach/The Rocks/ferry-ride-to-Manly so many times before it's just not enough anymore and can't replace friends, culture, humour, job prospects and a sense of belonging. Plus, you kind of get a fresh start when you come back. You can live where you want in the UK and it's nice to take a look around, knowing that you don't have to go back to exactly the life you had before. Best of luck anyway.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 7:10 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

It's absolutely normal to feel like you are on an emotional roller-coaster. 10 weeks back and I'm still riding it (and not having much fun right now). Just the decision to move is a huge emotional wrench, but then the practicalities of selling up, moving house, dog, family, finding jobs, house, getting settled into new job, getting a phone set up (easier said than done!), council tax, leccy and gas, cable internet, car, blah, blah, are very taxing. Sorry, I'm not trying to depress you, just saying it's perfectly normal to go through an emotional time.

Remember to just take some time out and get away from the situation - family movie night, or a day-hike or something. Take care of yourself.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 4:01 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Well I'll miss driving up the Dandenongs to visit you all.
Old Oct 1st 2006, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Exile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like good news.

I have so many doubts that I haven't actually made a decision. I plan to do so over the next four or five months. Sometimes I try to convince myself that we should stay here in Perth. But the feeling that I belong in England always seems to hit me again with absolute clarity and certainty. Then, over the following few days, I will gradually convince myself again that we're better off here. And so the cycle continues...

It is a very difficult decision, but I think we know deep down. Good luck.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Ok we went away and thought very hard about the move back! still not sure
however we have sold the house and we exchange contracts tomorrow. As soon as I did this the excitement kicked in and I suddenly realised that we are going home.
Our trip to the Grampians was awesome and I realised that we have some excellent memories here. I am now looking forward to starting a new book and I shall make sure that we never get stuck in the rut again! England is a wonderful place if you wish to make it that. Australia will always be an awesome experience and a place kept close to my heart.

I will miss the friends that I have made here, especially you Bordy...

I will still post although I shall miss the negative posts and place my rose tinted specks on my nose. I look forward to letting you know how things progress in the UK.

Well I have 8 weeks and tons to do so I must dash :scared:
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Good luck Woody. Haven't spoken to you in ages but hope everything works out for you. Happy packing.

Carolyn
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Mummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud of

I was lucky enough to get the last visit back to the uk before making final decision to go home. Hubby and I both felt as soon as we had landed that to go back is the right thing for us to do. If felt like we were already back there, and could act like normal human beings again around our old friends and family. Now that we are back in Oz, we are quite depressed. Still a bit jet lagged, but wishing that we could go straight back again now and not have to wait another 6-12 months before we can afford to go back again. It was gloriously sunny the day we landed and to be honest it made me feel sick. I really do not want to face another hot summer in Sydney, but unfortunately have no choice.

Having said that, took Laurence off to childcare this morning and he was so excited about seeing his little friend Patrick there it almost made me cry... Poor little mite is so confused at the moment about where he lives and where his friends and family live. We have another british friend here in Sydney who just happens to be going to visit family in Uk tomorrow (no intention of ever going back to live for them though!), and I was trying to explain to Laurence that their baby Rose was going on an aeroplane to see her grandparents, and he just looked at me and cried shouting "it's my grandad not Rose's" (grandad was the favourite!). He probably thinks that everyone goes on an aeroplane to see his grandparents from time to time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.