Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Gordon Ramsay...armed?

Gordon Ramsay...armed?

Old Jul 22nd 2010, 12:15 am
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gordon Ramsay...armed?

haha...sorry, couldnt help the armed bit...just an attention grabber..

Love him hate him? made any of his recipes?

I'm a Jamie Oliver fan myself..

Kitchen Nightmares is rather good though..as staged as it is...

HK turned me off after a few seasons...the F word is just ok..

Opinions? No? Am I to don my dunce hat again?
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gordon Ramsay...armed?

I've got one of his cookbooks if you want it, it's serious rubbish! Ok I am the daughter of two chefs, but still, it's crap!

But I love him in a weird way he's rather fancyable!
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 1:22 am
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

Nah Gordon is pants.

I can tolerate Jamie but I lurve Nigella

In fact here is the lovely lady herself (ignore the blurry fat bloke in the background - it's just himself trying to steal my moment!).
Attached Thumbnails Gordon Ramsay...armed?-100_3118.jpg  
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 3:21 am
BE Enthusiast

taffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud of

We met Gordon the day we went to the US Embassy to get our visas. He was very charming, and did not swear once

I've just counted, and have seven of his books Some are better than others, but my favourite is Sunday Lunch which I think came off the back of the first series of the F Word.
I also have Nigella's Feast but can not stand Jamie. I also once saw Anthony Squirrel-Thompson at a London food festival, and retreated quickly in the other direction.

Hell's Kitchen is a bit over dramatic, but I can't help coming back for more. The same for Kitchen Nightmares I think. The F Word is overall a better format.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

demi is an unknown quantity at this point

i love Kitchen Nightmares (UK version) and done a few of his recipies which wern't too bad (well i did it)
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 9:26 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Gordon Ramsay...armed?

Going slightly off-topic (but still food-related) I'm spending a few weeks at our apartment in Singapore and the TV channels are much better here than in the US.

We get loads of US channels, but also Sky News from the UK (love to see the UK weather lol!), BBC World, BBC Knowledge and BBC Entertainment but best of all we get Granada TV; it's not the same as in Britain as many of the programmes are more than a year old, but it's great watching drama series such as Prime Suspect and one-off dramatic productions. There are comedy shows as well as soaps such as Coronation Street and Emmerdale .

Of course as is the trend in TV these days worldwide there are a lot of 'reality' shows (including a strange one about coach tours where one couple gets voted off the bus each week and one about cruise ship operations) but I've been fascinated by a series by the film director and food critic Michael Winner.

He is a very odd man indeed and totally up himself, but he visits two homes each week where there is a serious (amateur) cook; they have to devise a menu for a dinner party, he joins them for dinner and then gives his critique a week later, giving 0-3 stars to the cook. Some of those cooks are so adventurous and it's amusing to see how snobby some of the dinner party guests are at some of the homes, whilst others at another home are a good laugh and seem to be great company. The next one will show two of the best cooks having to compete against each other and the winner gets to cater for a celebrity dinner party (Roger Moore was one of the guests I spotted, probably all old people of Michael Winner's generation!).

In a similar vein there is another programme (which is better, actually) and I think is called "Come Dine With Me"....again there are (four) amateur cooks who have to devise a menu and cook for the other three cooks - all ordinary people - at their own homes. They all have to critique the food and ambience and vote for the 'winner'. The narrative is great though, typical British humour with double-entendres... Again, I understand that they had some celebrities doing some cooking too.

I may be wrong, but I think that this series has or may soon cross over to the US (but like Supernanny there will be American contestants).
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 11:20 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz
Nah Gordon is pants.

I can tolerate Jamie but I lurve Nigella

In fact here is the lovely lady herself (ignore the blurry fat bloke in the background - it's just himself trying to steal my moment!).
Oh yes, Nigella's the business. I bet she's filthy...
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of
Red face Re: Gordon Ramsay...armed?

Originally Posted by tonrob
Really? I could manage to give her, a good scrub up, if she really asked me nice! Wowee! what a birthday treat that would be! Dontheturner (80 tomorrow)
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 11:32 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dontheturner
Really? I could manage to give her, a good scrub up, if she really asked me nice! Wowee! what a birthday treat that would be! Dontheturner (80 tomorrow)
Thailand, eh? I bet she could manage that ping pong ball thing if you asked her nicely.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 11:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dontheturner
Happy Birthday...for tomorrow
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Thailand, eh? I bet she could manage that ping pong ball thing if you asked her nicely.
Yes, I'll bet she could, and I would be on the front row, catching them for her! don
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Englishtart
Happy Birthday...for tomorrow
Thanks for that - and yes, I used to go to a guy in Marple, buying letterpress type, some years ago! Nice ride from Wellington Shropshire don
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 1:02 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by traceym
I've got one of his cookbooks if you want it, it's serious rubbish! Ok I am the daughter of two chefs, but still, it's crap!

But I love him in a weird way he's rather fancyable!
I appreciate the offer but no thanks

and fancyable? pre or post botox? He's fugly...
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 1:03 pm
Not around much..

I do like her...does she have anything coming over here?
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SDDep
haha...sorry, couldnt help the armed bit...just an attention grabber..

Love him hate him? made any of his recipes?

I'm a Jamie Oliver fan myself..

Kitchen Nightmares is rather good though..as staged as it is...

HK turned me off after a few seasons...the F word is just ok..

Opinions? No? Am I to don my dunce hat again?

Love it on the American Kitchen Nightmares when the owners try and give it the old 'Mr BIG, Lord of the manor routine' and Ramsay justs breaks them down and they go to butter. He is quite menacing.

Much prefer Jamie Olivers style of cooking - Meditarranean style, tons of olive oil. Have cooked one of his recipes. Shoulder of lamb cooked for hours and smashed veg with shitloads of butter.

Pukka.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.