Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

A good salary - Abu Dhabi?

A good salary - Abu Dhabi?

Old Jun 24th 2013, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

davejones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A good salary - Abu Dhabi?

Not sure why this was moved into the Job discussion board as im not asking about jobs, im asking about salary and cost of living therefore i believe this post should stay in this messge board as more people will see it

So My qustion is below:

Hi Everyone

stumbled across this website when i was doing some research on Abu Dhabi

I have been offered a new role for a Multinational IT company and debating taking the role as i am unsure of the standard of living i will get out there. I am not familiar with wages etc

So i have been offered 36,000 AED per month, 2 flights home for my wife and I, 80% school fees paid (no kids yet though), medical for my wife and I. The wage includes housing allowance.

Is this a good salary for my wife and I to live off? She will start working when she gets here so taking he out of the equation is 36,000AED a good salary? I have 6 years experience in the IT industry.

Any help would be great as we have a good standard of living here and want to ensure we maintain that over there.

Thanks